[RP] Vivacitas | Whitelist | Modified economy | No catalog

Reaction score
    We used to just have Var as an admin. And of course we had a lot of the same problems back then. I\'m not calling anyone incompetent or anything. But, it\'s clear admining this sever isn\'t a one or even two man job. The main issue with lack of admins is just that there are long stretches of time with no admins on, days even, with no one around to fix problems which pop up frequently because StarMade itself is unstable. I think Rowan would be an excellent for Admin. Of course the other problem is that you just don\'t have a lot of people even on the server right now.

Reaction score
    I leave the forum and the server for ONE day and everything goes tits up.

I will add. IC Drama is good. but when OOC emotions and thoughts turn into arguements and put people at each others throats that deters EVERYONE on the server to having fun, it destroys relations and when not treated can boil over and permanently disrupt the server until decisively resolved.

I will only tolerate these discussions when they are kept to a minimum and hushed polite tones, I have not seen the chat records of the server. Those things called Polite problem solving. but Judging by the messages Ix and Vic posted on this forum, that Arguement got out of hand fast. and both sound to be at fault. I will let everyone who is already on the server and those who in the future may join it.

I HAVE LITTLE TO NO TOLERANCE FOR OOC DRAMA, KEEP IT POLITE, KEEP IT CIVIL IF IT DOES BECOME A PROBLEM AND HAS YOUR BLOOD BOILING MESSAGE ME IMMEDIATELY, I AM HERE TO RESOLVE PROBLEMS!

I am making this an unofficial rule, TREAT OTHERS WITH RESPECT, DON\'T INSTIGATE PROBLEMS. IF YOU ARE DISRESPECTFUL YOU AND I ARE GOING TO HAVE A TALK.

I will be on the Server teamspeak for the next few days non stop.

Reaction score
    Victor, I may be Admin, I VOLUNTEERED to do this, I AM NOT OBLIGATED TO DO A DAMN THING, I CHOSE THIS. At any moment you know what I can do if everything becomes too stressful? Harder? More antagonizing on my nerves, more than it already is?? /Remove_admin Kelesith YEP! I can remove my own admin status. I do this even when my schedule BARELY permits it. I admin this server without expecting praise or reward, and this is to the point where this feels like a job in itself I am dealing with school and what feels like 3 jobs back to back. I have school and a job, and another obligation to my family, that earns me almost NOTHING. you are lucky if you EVER see me at this point, even for as long as I stay online!

I stayed and held my ground Admiralkio appears to have abandoned his post (I can\'t blame him, he has his own server now, the server seemed to be never coming back at the time,), waiting for the server to come back, soon as I heard it came back I started doing the whitelist sifting again, when I could first thing I did back on the server was continue my space station.

\"This server really needs to get it\'s act together. Of primary concern right now is the sub par admin support.\"

Only VARQUYNNE can take down and reopen the server, check the chat logs, change the IP and so on. He never said I had to do this, he never expected me to do this I don\'t think, and he never TAUGHT me to do this. Why? Probably didn\'t cross his mind, probably thought he was gonna still be logging in on a almost daily basis, how shit changes. When I first started doing this I was really damn certain I can handle this.

I am here SOLELY AS A REGULATOR. I AM HERE TO MAKE SURE YOU PEOPLE DON\'T KILL EACH OTHER! I can be regarded as a security officer, or a Police Officer of this server. I HOLD NO EXECUTIVE POWER, Server crashed? well fuck, I am just as helpless as you quick someone find Var! the servers Firefighter!, Gotta check the chatlogs? well damn, I don\'t have that privledge, better get Var on the case unless someone is copying it word for word, did I mention Var is practically never around anymore? even on the forum? ever since I took admin he has been doing less and less, since I came along and took more and more management from him he has been able to kick back, I am happy for him, and I am grateful that he trusts me, and he has only known me for 5 or so months. The only thing I can do other than keep you from killing each other is host events. and spawn items a glitch or two took from you, or delete a pirate that freaking glitched invulnerability.

I don\'t expect your praise, or a reward. A slight arguement can break out, Yes I can agree with that, I\'ve done it a few times too. But the trick is to find the problem, work it out, not Continue to instigate it by telling each other to fuck off and die or some stupid shit like that. And then let it spill out of a controlled enviroment like the server into a public place. I am more than tempted to Perma Ban the BOTH OF YOU for acting like children and instigating more anger out of each other, Just reading the forum spillage I can already tell the Arguement is most likely going to be of the DUMBEST SHIT.

Reaction score
    Okay, banning me is pointless because I\'ve already left the server. And I feel your pain, because running one of a major factions got very stressful at times. You were on when I said I was stressed out and had to take a break and then did so for a week.

Also, I have no problem with you. I\'ve already pointed out that the main problem is with time coverage and that tending to the server is not a one man job. This is not about the job that you yourself have been doing. This also isn\'t about the server going down because that was a hosting issue and had nothing to do with you.

I\'m not really mad at Var either because the server going down wasn\'t his fault per say and he may not have been able to do anything about it. Although, having him around to keep us informed would have been nice.

I\'ve more or less said what I needed to say. And I\'m doing this because I didn\'t just want to disappear. I had a problems with the server. Problems that have motivated me to leave and I have pointed out one problem that I felt was within your power to fix.

Reaction score
    Yes you pointed out a problem, I will work the best I can to fix it. but while pointing out the problem you spilled over into an active PUBLIC FORUM and made everyone that plays on the server, look like a jackass.

Okay, I come onto the forum, brand new face and possibly new player, and look at this little escapade between YOU, ME AND IX. what am I to think? \"Oh, is this common place?\" \"Is the playerbase of the server really like this?\" the problem between you two and me trying to be the DIVIDER between you two is a very bad first impressions. and honestly I am freaking embarassed by this display, this is the first major outbreak of tension. Tension I did not even realize EXISTED, you are supposed to come to me about this, I did not get a message, email or google talk message about it I come back from work to find this fiasco going on in full swing..

Reaction score
    I\'ve had a root canal this week. Unyay. And it looks like I need a second one. I might not be online much, as I can\'t seem to concentrate on doing anything more than a few minutes with all this pain...

That said, I have been intermittently logging in to see if anyone else is there, to say hi and check in, or offer to help where I can. But no one\'s been there. Aside from Ix and Vic getting into a flame war, where did everyone else go? I shut down my private server when Vivacitas came back, since no one but me was using it.

Rowan

Reaction score
    I have been on and off trying to find the Vavilov, which I lost after a disconnect and have been unable to relocate. Other than that I don\'t see many people on.

Reaction score
    Tetsip I am sorry, when I read your forum post just now I logged in and did a Admin search, my searches found no such thing as a \"Vavilov\" that leads me to believe it is no longer in existance.

Reaction score
    The server going down for as long as it did, I am pretty sure a lot of our playerbase moved on.

Reaction score
    The Admin /search command is not context sensitive or anything, I can put Ki and I would get EVERY SINGLE Pirate_HF_Kimuni that ever actually spawned. That said getting no results for Vavilov ensures me that it might have been deleted some way or another.

Reaction score
    Rowan put quite some time in building that, and I spent quite some time modifying it and getting the credits to pay for it. Vavilov was kind\'ve the thing holding me to this server. I have the folder for it if we can get it respawned. Try searching for \"SS\" ships, perhaps I mispelled it.

Reaction score
    Last time you posted I actually searched SS. I got results for every Pirate cutlass currently in existence. they might have drowned out the actual ship we are looking for, but unless I get the exact guaranteed name I can\'t guarantee at all that we can find it. Alpha is Alpha, Starmade is Starmade, ships can just go poof. I\'ve had three ships do that in my singleplayer, I know how that is.

Reaction score
    Application

IGN: Xattion

*Bleeeeeeeep*

?://Temporaryfiles/Outernetdownload/personalityfiles/Firebat

Character Log: Mercenary Constructer / Combat pilot

Character name: Evis \'Firebat\' Lethren

Age: Supposedly mid-thirties, source believed to be unreliable though.

Traits: Erratic, unusual, potentially anti-social, but honest and straight forward.

Danger level: Variable/Undeterminable

Background Information: Not much is known about \'Firebat\'\'s origins other than that he comes from a asteroid mining community where it was believed he was exposed to trace amounts of mercury on a daily basis, driving him and his neighbors insane. After a mysterious implosion destroyed the asteroid and the community \'Firebat\' quickly found his way into the mercenary business as a turret operator and mechanic. Often working on the frigates of various factions during war or even transportation missions. Today, he is known to be hanging around the space ports, waiting for a job in general....He still is rather insane.

Alleigance: Indeterminable

Military History: None other than a few military-related imprisonments of which he generally escapes within a year or two.

Likelyhood of joining the military: For the right price, he\'ll work for them.

Known Plans: Get the funds / resources to build a ship and an asteroid base.

Other pieces of notability: He is a fond salvager and will eagerly tear up abandoned space ports or abandoned planetary bases. ((I don\'t grief OOCly though...but if I ICly find something wrecked I\'ll take pretty much everything left-over..like a cleanup crew. :D))

Reaction score
    Your ships most likely screwed. Oh and the players to be in the sever seems to be slowly increasing in numbers now as the days increas but for now everyone seems to be trying to just rebuild ships for now. Just saying.

Reaction score
    I cannot, I don\'t know how and I most likely don\'t have the power to even do so. Your best chance of getting your ship back is to get on Var\'s case and bring him in, and Good luck with that. I haven\'t had a peep from in for a month and a half, which concerns me, if he doesn\'t even bother replying to people who need him that probably means he\'s going to stop paying for the server too, but that is just my 24/7 paranoia of the worst talking.

Reaction score
    What was it? A magnasuck? I\'ll just give you another one, one of the newer models with more guns...

Reaction score
    I\'ve finished restoring all of the materials the server ate from my stores before it died, and the last ship I was working on was for MisterVec, and it\'s good to go. So, if anyone needs replacement ships, I\'ll do what I can to help and provide.

Reaction score
    Thank you for your interest in joining Vivacitas!

I have not downright declined you yet, please do not think this is a denial.

I suggest you go back and review the rules thoroughly.

I have a concern about your character being insane, I am not yet saying change it, but how insane is he? like completely unpredictable? psychotic and murderous? or does he just talk nonsense and laugh a lot?

I do have a concern with your character reportedly escaping Government prisons in the past, this would generally mean that straight from the beginning Lunaris or Solaris\'s Militaries would be looking for you, the militaries have STRONG ships and I seriously do not recommend being wanted from the get go.