[RP] Vivacitas | Whitelist | Modified economy | No catalog

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Vivacitas roleplay server

Current version: 0.0943

If you'd like to join, please read the rules below and complete the character application! Your application will be reviewed, and if accepted, you'll be whitelisted. Server has been open since: Thursday, August 29th.

Thanks for considering joining our server!

Details:

• Roleplay, first and foremost
    • Whitelisted
    • California-based server
    • TeamSpeak 3 server available
    • 75 speed cap
    • Modified pirates
    • Modified economy
    • Catalog disabled
    • Further server info and roleplay conventions in use can be found under "Server Info" here: http://vivacitas.wikia.com/wiki/Info
    • Wikia tie-in for players to expand the stories of their character, factions, ships, etc if they choose.

Rules:

1. Be respectful. No excessive swearing in out of character [OOC] chat. The use of racial slurs will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate ban.
    2. Please have some kind of roleplay reason for attacking others. Be it you're part of an opposing faction, pirate, or general scoundrel - try to make the RP engaging and fun. Write "docendo" as the first word in the "Other" section of the application.
    3. ONLY when a player is online can you damage their property (structures, ships, etc).
    4. Stay in character [IC]. Use asterisks for actions/emotes - example, *Varquynne sighs and gestures toward the airlock*. In character dialogue doesn't need to be enclosed by special characters, but please specify the range/recipient (e.g. [broadcast], [channel to Soandso]
    5. Use double parentheses for OOC chat - ((text)) - and try to limit it, especially in general chat.
    6. This is an RP server. Powergaming is discouraged. Make the effort to interact with others, engage in creating stories. No metagaming - the knowledge YOU have is not necessarily the knowledge your character has. Simple example: I mention OOC that I'm building up base in X, Y, Z sector. Your character doesn't suddenly have this knowledge. Write "discimus" as the second word in the "Other" section of the application.
    7. You must build a shipyard construction area of equal or greater size to the ship you are trying to build before starting construction of said ship - exceptions being super light and light ship classes.
    8. Do not shoot or push ships out of spawn or a protected sector.

Please navigate here for more information, details, and server conventions

------------------------------

During an era of rapid technological advancement on the planet Terra, there existed two primary nations - Lunaris and Solaris. Despite a deep history of armed conflicts and disagreements, relations between the two were stable. However, as their populations grew and the demand for resources increased, the need for expanding territorial control led to an escalating number of clashes and disputes. The nations' leaders agreed that if these events were left to continue, there would be an eventual war, fueled by desperation, that would be more costly than any other before it. While each was independently exploring the development of sustainable space travel, they decided to bring together their best minds working on the projects to expedite development, bolster diplomatic relations, and stem the tide of war. As promising advances were made through their collaborative efforts, tensions started to alleviate. The first ventures to the stars revealed a rich universe - perilous, but full of opportunity. Each nation was allowed to claim entire planets or sectors for their respective sovereignty. To symbolize their hope for lasting peace and prosperity, the nations agreed to rename this region of space Vivacitas.

Lunaris approached expansion into space with the same ideologies that shaped their governance on Terra. Worlds were colonized with respect towards minimizing disruption of native ecosystems. Rigorous trade and mining regulations were put into place to promote fair practices and economic stability. The Lunaris government promoted regional security through the enforcement of strict weapon limitations. Research centers were constructed dedicated to the advancement of technology, principally in the areas of energy and propulsion. With strong beliefs in justice and diplomacy, Lunaris society spread its influence throughout the region.

Solaris burgeoned into a formidable industrial power of the region. Resource extraction was of utmost concern in order to support the needs of its ever growing society, and the worlds which came under Solaris rule became blanketed with grand cities and factories. Free trade reigned as companies and corporations leveraged more economic and political power. Content with the effectiveness of their fusion-based technologies, research efforts focused instead on improving industrial efficiency and capacity. And, while open to diplomatic negotiations, the Solaris governing body often resorted to "action" and more direct methods in order to quickly process disputes.

The growing expansion of these nations into space has also attracted those of a more unsavory character to prey on travelers passing through minimally secure sectors. A few days ago, just such a band attacked your ship, robbed you and your crew, and left you stranded in the void. A Lunaris Customs patrol picked you up and has transported you to the Customs Office above Lunaris Prime. The customs officer motions for you to come forward and present your identification. On the display in front of them, your file reads:

(Please provide the following information for the character you intend to roleplay on the server. You will receive a response to your application in this forum thread if you're accepted.)

• Character name: Choose an appropriate name for the setting. This will be the name I use for the whitelist. Avoid real-world references, sentences, or names that don't fit in a sci-fi world. Names like Luvdalazorz breaks the role play vibe. Do not include a predetermined title/rank in your name (example: Captain_Soandso). It's fine to be a captain or what not, but don't include it in your character name. Also, who knows, you might be promoted at a future time or steer your character a different direction.
    • Traits:
    • Bio: One paragraph minimum. Keep it consistent with the lore provided above. Be creative, but as a basic suggestion, try to address the following questions. Where are you from? Why did you end up as [your profession]? Where do you stand politically?
    • Allegiance: Lunaris or Solaris
    • Do you plan to join the military? Information regarding military service can be found here: http://vivacitas.wikia.com/wiki/Military
    • Initial plans upon joining server:
    • Other:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Character Name: Axel Ixalite

Traits: Sharp and Cunning, Alignment Lawful Neutral. \"I will do whatever it takes to succeed within the framework of the law.

Bio: Commodore Ixalite is a Vice president in charge of interstellar associations in the powerful Associated Industries corporation. Due to the total lack of Conflict-of-interest laws, he is also a commodore in the Lunarian navy, one of A.I.\'s primary customers. Born to moderately wealthy parents on Luranis, Axel first ascended the corporate ladder, only later using his power and prestige to acquire a naval commission. Axel is always the first one to know how to turn a credit, but would rather pay a bribe than fight a war.

Allegiance: Lunaris

Do you plan to join the military: Axel Ixalite is currently one of the highest ranking members of the active-duty Lunarian navy. If you wish to seek commission, He is one of those you should seek.

Initial plans on starting the server: Provide inexpensive secondhand ships to new players, enforce the law and collect levies and fines as appropriate. Serve as both a military recruiter, and Debt clearinghouse.

Other:Docendo Discimus
    ((I was given the opportunity to get a jump on development, and plan to use that advantage to help my fellow players. If you ever see me online, and need help, ask me (in character of course) and I would love to help! My character \"Loans\" people money and ships, and will not forget debts in character, but will be quite lenient about terms for repayment. In addition, if you are looking for work in character, I will be more than happy to assign you a smalltime military mission or civilian courier duty. I really believe in making the server I play on a more fun and interesting place. ))

Reaction score
    Character name: Djarik Lindoro

Traits: somewhat dishonest but lawful. Friendly and Caring. knows how to fist fight. great disliking to all criminals.

Bio: raised on Lunaris Prime, Djarik quickly gained a love for space travel over the course of his teen years and quickly started working to ensure he can get a ship trying to make his family proud and make a lot of money in the process.. The day he could take a job he made himself a business out of private and public contracting on mining and freighting Cargo and is continuously looking to expand his business.

Allegiance: Die hard Lunaris

Do you plan to join the military? I might, I have yet to decide. If I am accepted I will see where the RP takes me.

Initial plans upon joining server: Roleplay, get a ship and build onto it. survive and thrive in my characters life.

Other: Docendo Discimus .. my playtimes are quite sporadic and are in the Eastern Standard time. I hope this does not prove a problem. I have read and accept the rules and any punishment for breaking them. I also have a question, will we be able to make our own ships any way we want? or are we kind of tied to lore based ships? Edited note: I felt the bio was way to small and lacking detail so I added to it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'ll be on the whitelist for when the server opens up on Thursday, Aug 29th. Thanks for the application!

Also, you can certainly design your own ships the way you\'d like. Try to keep them in good taste, though. The technology conventions on the wiki are to keep the lore consistent and have an agreed upon base from which to start. The colors (blue for Lunaris, red for Solaris) for each faction are to enhance the roleplay vibe and help players easily distinguish another\'s allegiance.

Reaction score
    Thanks for accepting me! How big do you plan on taking the server? and will you continue to expand the Wikia page as it grows?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As more players become interested in joining the server, we\'ll expand its size.

The wikia will grow as players add info about their characters, their own ships, and their factions! That\'s the nice thing about the system, anyone can edit in their info. And, of course, we\'ll be adding galactic news to enrich the lore and give clues about \"quest-like\" encounters we plan on adding, information about military ships, as well as details about locations we create. :)

mou

Reaction score
    if you build a ship on this server you can\'t save it and share it safely, the blueprint will be broken and it wont spawn

because \"save in local\" is broken

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the caveat, mou. However, issues with blueprint saving exist regardless of whether you play on someone else\'s server or through your own machine. The system is tempermental at best. Some workarounds for getting blueprints that are not spawning correctly to work can be found around here in various threads on the forums. And, as you well know being a tester, the game is in alpha, and as such, problems are expected.

That being said. I personally have had no problems saving ships I\'ve created on catalog disabled servers (with the \"save in local\" option) and uploading them to my own server, machine, or other servers with the catalog enabled. If any players experience difficulty with blueprints they\'ve saved on my server, I will offer assistance by saving the design on my local machine and sending them the .sment file. Barring that, I keep regular sector backups (which save ship entities).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character Name: Balorn Halgarus

Traits: Lawful Good. Witty with a sense of humor. Mechanical genius. Stays out of trouble and fights.

Bio: Balorn was raised in a household of ground miners. He was taught how to run all of his father\'s mining equipment and how to replace and maintenance basic parts. Working on the mechanical side of the equipment triggered a whole new step in his life. He wanted to learn the basics of maintaining a ship. He left home for an apprenticeship and learned the trade of repairing and building technologically advanced ships. He mastered the work of hull and engine repair by the age of 28 and set off to open a ship maintanence shop hoping one day he would be picked up to work on a massive military fleet. He spent every last credit of his investing in tools and the materials when a group of \"unsavory\" ships attacked his transport scattering him, his tools, and the crew from the ship.

Allegiance: No true allegiance, but has grown fond of the mining vessels from the Solaris.

Do you have a plan for the military?: He dreams of working on some of the outstanding ships from both of the militaries, but is turned away by war or the thought of holding a weapon. \"I\'ll go wherever there is knowledge to gain.\"

Initial plans on starting the server: \"Hopefully I can find some work around to get enough credits to replace my lost tools... Those pirates come runnin\' to me when their hulls are tattered... I\'ll be getting my tools back, that\'s for sure!.\" ((My plans are to have a fun serious roleplaying experience. Along with that I want to save precious time for people and help them repair damage to their ships while also building a story for my character.))

Other: Docendo Discimus... ((I will try to be on the server as much as possible. I do have one very big problem. My framerate is terrible on planets so I do not know how that will work out in game while roleplaying.))

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the excellent application! I\'m looking forward to seeing how your character develops. You\'ll be added to the whitelist when the server opens up.

We\'ll be developing locales outside planets that\'ll hopefully be much easier on framerate!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you very much for accepting my application! I thought about what kind of character i\'d make and since i\'m going to mechanic school i\'d make a mechanic. I\'m looking forward to roleplaying with all of you and building all of our characters together. This is the only serious roleplaying server i\'ve actually seen with lore and such, so i\'m very excited! Been checking out the wiki. Please keep adding pages! I love lore.

Reaction score
    Character name: Malen_Grimm (This is also my in-game name)

Traits: Lawful Neutral. Eye for numbers. Quick-witted. Paranoid.

Bio: Malen Grimm has no offical home planet; he was born in space, and he\'s spent almost all of his life on various ships, stations and orbital platforms. Malen has never had one job for very long; he tends to flit from one job to the next, taking whatever work he can find, and this suits Malen just fine, as he has grown used to his nomadic lifestyle, athough some of his former occupations may not have been strictly legal. His inherent paranoia has helped him avoid pirate raiding parties, customs patrols, and much more besides. While it may take a while to earn his trust, he can make a valuable ally, and even a steadfast friend. Just don\'t expect him to trust you.

Allegiance: Solaris

Do you plan to join the military?: No.

Initial plans upon joining server: Set up shop as an information broker/mercenary/smuggler/merchant/courier. In other words, I aim to take up any job that comes my way.

Other: Docendo Discimus (I\'m running on GMT, so I may not be on at the same time as other players who may live in the US or somewhere else.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for applying! You\'ll be on the whitelist for when the server opens later today (which for GMT, may well be tomorrow). Looking forward to seeing you server-side. :)

Reaction score
    I just thought about turrets. are they allowed? if my plans go right I am going to have a big ship, and my meneuverability won\'t be so good. is it possible to have automated defenses to shoot at pirates and others attacking me when I am trying to get away or does Lunaris and Solaris dissaprove of civilians having such weapons controlled by machines?

if they are allowed how many can I have? and are they restricted to the 4 AMC maximum block requirements?

Reaction score
    I\'ve tried connecting to the server, but it\'s saying that I\'m not whitelisted. I\'m not sure if this is because you haven\'t whitelisted me yet, or if it\'s something else. Just in case you made a mistake when whitelisting my name, it is these words exactly:

Malen_Grimm

That\'s an underscore, not a dash, by the way.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m doing some testing, backups, and sector imports, yet. So, while the server is online at the moment, we\'re not quite ready to open up until later today. I\'ll definitely make sure the name is inputed correctly with an underscore when I add it, though!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Availability of AI modules is limited. You may be able to find some in floating wreckage, pirate supply caches, or through black market traders, but they aren\'t available through normal civilian channels. Nevertheless, turrets are still counted as armament towards weapon totals. So, unless you have a Letter of Marque from a ranking member of either the Lunaris or Solaris Navy, then you\'d be in violation of galactic law if you\'re traveling through controlled space. That being said... you might go by the adage, \"Cop didn\'t see it - I didn\'t do it.\" Risky, though. ;)

Of course, outside government controlled space and trade lanes, the authorities have no jurisdiction. So, if you prefer to keep to \"wild space\" so to speak, that\'s an option, too.

Reaction score
    Should probably clarify mine too, mine is Kelesith for when you white list me, just like my forum name.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My whitelist name should be just Balorn. I am looking forward to meeting you all in game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d like to keep username and character name the same for the server, so people aren\'t confused as to why some people address you by your character name rather than your username. Would you like to keep your character name Djarik or change it to Kelesith?