[RP] Vivacitas | Whitelist | Modified economy | No catalog

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Abraham Merithous
    • Medium build, looks strong, very hard to get talking but once he started I couldn\'t get him to stop spewing anti-war propaganda at me. Though he didn\'t seem to be too committed to the pacifist cause.
    • Claims to be from a small moon off of Rendii that his father owned for a mining company that only sold to private investors. Tells me that his father, Manthus Merithous, thought the crashed ship was just a government cover-up of an ongoing war between Solaris and Lunaris. After the meltdown Manthus locked his family and his engineers into hardened hull bunker at the center of said moon. He then began constructing, with his engineers, what he calls the \'Ultimate Ship\'. Abraham helped his dad and learned how to build engines and the basics of Ship Engineering. When the ship was about to be complete pirates attacked and destroyed the moon, killing his family and the engineers. During the attack Abraham was banished to the bunker for playing a practical joke that accidently damaged the core of the \'Ultimate Ship\'. The bunker miraculously wasn\'t hit but was now free floating through space. That is when we found him.
    • Allegience: Doesn\'t seem to care for Solaris or Lunaris, but seems to be questioning his fathers beleif of a war and that peace is the best way to solve things. Seems to be unstable after loosing his parents.
    • Upon the asking of this question he stated many bad things the military has done, but it seemed like a rehearsed speech. Could possibly be persuaded to join.
    • Plans include making a salvaging ship and eventually a warship in order to have a war against all pirates for reasons of revenge.
    • Docendo Disumus: Through teaching we learn. I am new to Star Made but would like to learn how to build things and this seems to be a fun way to learn. I am also new to roleplaying and I am pretty bad a remembering how to format typing stuff but it looks super fun and I will try to learn fast.
    • Specification: By Rendii I mean the old one in which a ship crash landed and had a meltdown.

Reaction score
    Thank you for your interest and in Joining Vivacitas!

I will pm you the details shortly.

It is still somewhat odd how your bunker survived, but as long as it wasn\'t directly hit or it had any serious close calls from that kind of firepower Hardened hull just saved your character.

Reaction score
    To this day the SBF shipyard has been the unofficial \'hub\' of traffic for the server, however is it a Lunaris-supported military shipyard, and not supposed to be so active with randoms, not that this is a bad thing!

I mean to say that we have no \'dedicated\' RP hub. I want to gather all willing builders currently whitelisted in the server to discuss plans for a \'massive\' station hub that will include a bay for fighters, and shipyard docks for ships up to the size frigates.. I also plan to have things like a market, a massive lounge/bar, a bounty hunting office (For future RPs), a hangar for fighter docking and maintenance, several connected shipyard docks for docking and maintenance, and many other things that I would like to discuss with the team.

Accepting any and everyone able to contribute, even concepters who don\'t have any skills with building are welcome to contribute with the planning and concept of the station.

Please PM me if you\'re interested in this project. If I get enough interested persons I\'ll put the plan in motion. If I do I plan to follow this plan:

Concepting: I want to gather as much of the team as I can at once into a Skype call to begin slamming this plan down, a design concept to decide what the station itself will comprise of.

Skeleton: As many builders as can be online at one point will begin the framework of the station, shaping out the first draft of the station.

Blueprinting: Now that we have a framework, we can decide what parts of the station will be where. Once we have the blueprint done we can begin to shape out the exterior of the station to accomodate it.

Construction: Room by room we will begin the construction of this station, enough said.

Fine-Tuning: Wiring, permission blocks, faction assignment (To be discussed), and all the small things will be added to complete the station!

Reaction score
    I completely agree that SBF is a poor place to gather for RP. The base has no real IC lounges, apartments, restaurants, etcetera. Additionally, the base itself and all the ships docked there turn it into something of a lag-fest. The constant pirate raids and turret fire is dangerous for floating ships. The Hub really ought to be elsewhere.

That being said, I do not think building another supermassive structure will make a good RP hub. Lone Star, which is at or near 0 0 0 in decidedly neutral space, was build small, compact, with a nice IC interior area. It was commonly advertised as an RP lounge when I started playing, and had docking space for several smaller ships.

I think that was the way it should be done. Small ship docks, smaller but very complete structure, closer to the center of Vivacitas where there are no pirate raids. Nice and personal, and not massive and laggy.

It is a pity that Lone Star\'s owner stopped playing.

Rowan

Reaction score
    I\'ve been watching the /status, and the server has leaked itself out of memory and is starting to swap. The debug lag messages are constant and getting progressively longer, and the game is getting more sluggish day by day.

It\'s been a few weeks since the last one, and a server reset is needed immediately. I left Varqunne a PM but I doubt he reads them.... if you still have an email address, Kelesith, please let him know. If he gives you the credentials to get into the server and do it yourself, and you need help, let me know.

Rowan

Reaction score
    Would the construction be done IC or OOC? If it\'s OOC, I\'d love to help. I don\'t think a criminally insane cultist would be too interested in public works projects, though, so I\'d have to opt out if it\'s IC.

Adrasteia

Reaction score
    I don\'t actually HAVE his Email. and the forum PM\'s are directly linked to his email. so if he checks his email he checks these Pm\'s were good otherwise were screwed. unless he actually reads our cries for him to come back, I see this server eventaully just shutting down.

Reaction score
    I Would volunteer my station, Anshar Taranis (has yet to be built) Unless Provoked The Rendii Empire is purely Neutral. Any person who can claim they have played more than thirty minutes on this server HAS been to 6,5,1 which Is Associated Industries, The Rendii Empire is only 15km away from that, and that is Only Anshar Taranis that is not too far from a major traffic way.

but I also feel I cannot volunteer Anshar Taranis as that would be the space station capital of the Rendii Empire, and I don\'t want to discuss who would get the rights to it after it\'s completion.

to Rowan and maybe several others that may be 20-30 or even MORE km away and the speed cap being 75km/h 20-30km alone can take up to 12 minutes maybe longer to reach dpending if you get waylaid or not by mobs, which now that I think about it, my home of 9,-3,-7 was a HORRIBLE spot, for travel time and activity. and I really should move it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Honestly guys...we\'ve got to think about how long Varquynne has been gone. We haven\'t heard from him in several weeks. Radical opinion here, I think it\'s high time we get an entirely new server and move the community over. I mean, Rowan has already been talking about how we should reset the server, so this isn\'t really much of a large jump. If anyone would be willing to set up a new server, we\'d be forever in your debt. And I know it would be a hassle to whitelist everyone again, but it\'s all here in the forums, and some of the community would surely help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    It\'s clearly not the same, yes.

But it\'s still there for those who want to come.

Reaction score
    I don\'t want to say it but it is quite obvious.

I don\'t give up on something I love easily, I was the very first Official signup for this server that was AUGUST THIS YEAR, followed by Balorn and Ix, two people I consider friends on Starmade. This server was my very first server in general and it is what got me addicted to starmade, I love this server and I can\'t think of a single server I would rather be in than this one. BUT. This server is clearly either dead or very quickly dying.

Var has been M.I.A for MONTHS. He is the only one who can modify, take down, restart the server and so on. and he is not around. Us admins cannot do anything to fix server related problems like this.

When the only person with the server\'s administration Credentials goes M.I.A that kills a server. that says

\"THIS SERVER IS GOING TO DIE\" in giant bold letters

The first crash practically completely obliterated the servers playerbase and we had yet to fully recover from that one! The crash is back with a VENGEANCE. Until Var miraculously returns, every server crash is going to curb stomp Vivacitas to death

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I hate to dispair, but Kelesith is right. It feels like time to move on.

The new server will be Tectum Clementia.

I will manage it personally, with two layers of management. Moderators get ingame admin powers, and Admins get server controll. Kelesith, AdmiralKio, MisterVec, Atuarre, PM me for jobs. The server is in setup as of now.

I am throwing most of my more contravercial ideas out the window, the economy will be much like Vivacitas.

I have never started a server before, and could use all of your help. I may not have time to be online all of the time, but the plan is for major Admin events every friday and saturday, and I hope to have at least a moderator on every day.

I for one am sick of these outages, and am doing something about it! What made Vivacitas great was the people, YOU people. If the new server is to succeed, it will need you as well.

Link to the new thread will be posted shortly.

Edit:

http://star-made.org/content/rp-tectum-clementia-hardcore

Reaction score
    I used to play on this server a lot, but it won\'t connect, has the IP changed? If it has, or even if it hasn\'t, can someone pm me the ip?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Name: Mikhail_Fasnov

Traits: Often loud, but otherwise a great people person. Not smart by any means, but a quick learner and decent pilot.

Bio: Growing up in between warring Factions caused Mikhail and his family to become scavengers in a desperate need to survive. After many years he journeys out on his own, away from the loved ones he cared so much for. Still maintaining his natural instiincts, he became a traveling salesman. By selling scrap and other (mostly) useless supplies he started making friends. Not big in any sense, but friends none the less.

Allegiance: Solaris.

Military: No plans on joining, maybe refuge or bartering.

Plans: Travel station to station, planet to planet, finding supplies to stay alive.

Other: None.