[RP] Vivacitas | Whitelist | Modified economy | No catalog

Reaction score
    I might miss Sin, he seemed like a good SRN trooper,

going past that, how many people are you bringing with you?

Reaction score
    I\'m going to try to recruit two. One of them I\'m pretty confident will join, while the other one, a seasoned sandbox vet, is proving a bit difficult to persuade. But he\'s been asking about Vivacitas, and I think he\'d enjoy the experience. We all have the same work schedule, and we\'d all be able to play after 11pm (central) or maybe before work... and on the weekends.

Both of them are new to RP (as I was when I joined), but in my experience it\'s really not that hard to stay in character and interact with others. Plus, in my faction, on the outskirts of controlled space, it will almost be like vanilla StarMade, with the exception of a larger community to trade with (and deal with), which is why I became interested in multiplayer servers in the first place.

Building, fighting and adventuring, just the three of us, got boring after a while, so hopefully we\'ll be able to establish a powerful faction to interact with the Vivacitas community and build on each other\'s gaming experience.

p.s. Sin had his own adgenda and was about to go on a murderous rampage anyway... The politics were just too much for him... he prefered direct confrontation...

Reaction score

• Character name: Sinilas Strustan

• Traits: Chaotic Good. Resourceful, Tolerant, Altruistic

• Bio:

Sinilas grew up on various stations on the edge of known space, his parents and him always on the move looking for any odd job they could find before moving on to the next station as to not draw attention from any of the two major factions. He never quite managed to get his parents to tell him exactly why they were running, but he knew they had done something very wrong and they were very ashamed to talk about it.

His father had an education as an engineer so he mostly worked on repairing old ships or other broken equipment and Sinilas helped him out from a young age and learned all he had to teach him. In his teens Sinilas started working on his own and his parents decided he was old enough that they didn’t need to look after him anymore. So they settled down on a remote planet while Sinilas continued traveling on his own, only to occasionally return home and share what little extra credits he had to spare with his family.

Several years later Sinilas was aboard an old military frigate repurposed as a transport ship heading towards Lunaris space in attempt to find some higher paying work. As they entered Lunaris space they encountered an LDF patrol of a few smaller ships who upon scanning them noticed the frigate was armed. The patrol commanded them shut down their ship so that they could disarm them, however the frigate immediately opened fire and quickly destroyed one of the LDF ships, a few minutes of fighting later, an LDF frigate came into range and the other frigate had no choice but to surrender. The LDF quickly boarded the enemy vessel and arrested the crew and took control of their ship. Sinilas who had had just realized that he was traveling with pirates, made his way to the brig of the ship and locked himself up. When they discovered him, he explained to them that he had been ambushed a few days earlier and that the pirates had captured him and destroyed his ship. Luckily the LDF believed his story and took him aboard their ship, then dropped him off at the nearest customs station a few days later.

• Allegiance: None.

• Do you plan to join the military? Sinilas would probably not see any reason to join the military right now.

• Initial plans upon joining server: Get a ship, then maybe setting up a salvaging operation or repair services.

• Other: Docendo Discimus. ((I live in europe but i’m awake really late so it doesn’t really matter. Also i have a little bit of rp experience from pen and paper games and i’ve roleplayed in Wow for about a year. Would like to be whitelisted as Sinilas.))

Reaction score
    You know, at first when I read some of the other peoples applications, I thought people had no imagination, because EVERYONE makes their character an engineer. However, after thinking some on this I realized the whole \"space travel\" thing really limits the occupation choices for our players. It would be more difficult to construct a character that wasn\'t a pilot, engineer or career soldier (I consider my scientist a form of engineer). Not to say it\'s not impossible to make a differnent type of character, but I would prefer to have an engineer, soldier, or pilot on my six, rather than... say a station administrator. But seriously people, keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    Yeah i tried my best to make any other kind of character but i just couldn\'t come up with anything that would fit in the game and i would enjoy playing. If i think of something more original i\'ll probably make a whole new character though.

Reaction score
    Hey I\'d rather have someone who knows their way around a shield battery or an anti-matter array than some fresh recruit that doesn\'t know the first thing about starships... \"THIS IS THE BRIDGE... THIS IS THE ENGINE... THIS IS MY GUN...\"

Reaction score
    Kelesith is not an engineer. he is a president of a company, he has workers to do it for him though he will sometimes get in there to help. the employee\'s are not actual players they are an ICly. there not OOC.

as long as your player has money or a company you can RP having workers to build stuff for you while you supervise, I do it all the time.

so as long as you have a way to make money IC then you have an IC way to hire people. to do it for your character. (you still have to build it yourself)

Reaction score
    Ah I see you\'re a business man... Salvaging and freight right? I\'d consider you more in the pilot catagory, since you captain your own vessel. You wouldn\'t want someone else at the wheel in a battle, even when commanding a large starship, am I right? I know I would always want to be at the controls of my ship. My junior crewmates just don\'t have the experience or tenacity that I do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    IC I personally don\'t do much ACTIVE stuff... I \"supervise\" mining and construction, captain my capital ships, but I have crew to do all the actual flying, firing of weapons, opening of communications channels, etc etc etc. I try to have actual rooms to house the imaginary people, even the frigate has four staterooms, and I never use anything smaller. I even give credit (where it\'s due) to my fleet gunners, manning the turrets and main guns of the flagship. Those are some skilled naval ratings, and they are one and all a credit to the LDF!

Reaction score
    • IGN: Twitch
    • Character name: Erik \"Twitch\" Kennen
    • Traits: Disciplined, Over-confident, Semi-Info-maniacal, Generally Good, Paranoid
    • Behavior: After a decade of training and practice, Twitch is a master of espionage, assassination, and remaining incognito. Twitch suffers from extreme curiosity, and this self-destructively impulsive behavior can sometimes override his years of training. He loathes politics and public speaking and prefers to speak with actions instead of words. After his time on Allar VI, Twitch seems to have an odd ability that lets him trigger massive adrenaline rushes at will. During this state, he becomes stronger, faster, more agile, excitable, and may even become volatile. Twitch subconsciously feels betrayed by his former allies in the LDF for leaving him to die.

Bio: Erik Kennen was an orphan of Terra. Being raised on Lunarian values made life difficult in the urban heart of a Solaris city, so Kennen enlisted in the military when he turned sixteen. After two years of training, Kennen had found his calling, executing shake-downs on corrupt corporations, serving on Lunaris ships, and battling the all-too-prevalent pirates.

Recognizing his success in the field, the Lunaris Military assigned him to the Pathfinder branch, a group responsible for charting unexplored territories and observation of enemy forces. After intense training in the fields of stealth, reconnasance, starships, and hand-to-hand combat, Kennen was deployed to combat the pirate infestation of several nearby sectors. Through subterfuge, sabotage, assassination, and down-right vandalism, Kennen cleansed sector after sector of pirate filth. His last mission with the LDF involved penetrating deep into an area that was a known staging point for pirate raiding fleets. For weeks, Kennen observed and reported pirate massings, all the while staying undetected.

Suddenly an ion storm struck, damaging Kennen\'s small single-man ship beyond repair. His equipment destroyed, Kennen was unable to contact his allies and ask for aid, and he was assumed captured and killed by his commanders. Worse yet, his ship was leaking atmosphere, and he had but moments to decide what to do. \"Playing dead,\" his ship was picked up by a pirate frigate, ransacked and salvaged, while Kennen snuck on board. All his training was put to the test, as he had to allude his benefactors and survive on board the ship for several days. After that the stow-away was passed from ship to ship to station, and back to ship again, all the while the pirates remaining unaware of his presence.

Finally, he was able to steal a small shuttle and set course for Lunaris space, but disaster struck as his need to get home got the better of him and he unwittingly failed to mask his trail. After several ignored hails from the pirates, Kennen\'s shuttle was shot down over the planet of Allar VI, an uninhabited planet that luckily had a breathable atmosphere. There are no records, no report, and no statement of what happened on Allar VI or how Kennen managed to survive there for four years.

Either through sheer luck, or divine intervention, a passing Rim Survivalist Fleet convoy passed over Allar VI, and Kennen was able to signal them, using repaired equipment from the crashed shuttle. Kennen had escaped his pirate prison and his marooning on Allar VI, though he was \"changed\" both psychologically and physically. The differences were subtle, but sure. After learning of the RSF\'s plight, he pledged himself to their service, eventually proving himself and being chosen as their leader. Kennen returned to the Lunaris Customs Station to spread the news of his survival, to resign from the LDF, and to submit this log.

• Allegiance: Neither. Twitch leads the RSF.
    • Do you plan to join the military? Not the SRN or the LDF
    • Initial plans upon joining server: Create the RSF and build, build, salvage, build. Will probably use the Customs station as shelter until an RSF base can be established in un-claimed space.
    • Other: Docendo Discimus

Reaction score
    You nailed Kelesith\'s ways perfectly, he pilots all ships he takes command of. everything else is up to the crew. and the business thing, Kelesith\'s business does as follows, shipwrighting, salvaging, freighting, mining, Manufacturing, and governing a planet that is still in the process of Colonization.

Reaction score
    Welcome to Vivacitas I\'ll notify Var to PM the information for the server to you.

LDF leaves no man behind. those who do don\'t deserve the uniform or honour it brings. they deserve a brig cell for abandonment.

Reaction score
    When a stealth operative goes dark in the middle of a densely populated enemy territory, that kinda warrants assuming the worst and moving on... but maybe I can convince one of my allies to become specialized in retrieval of assets... That would make for an interesting character, though in practicality I don\'t know what purpose that would serve on our RP server...

Reaction score
    True, I don\'t see that kind of character making much of an impact on the RP or being a char of Longevity.

and the fact that more and more people are popping up with friends just keeps irritatingly reminding me to start actively seeking player employee\'s... I seriously need to fill the void that is my planet and it\'s sector..

Reaction score
    Well, you may be LDF, but perhaps your business faction and my military could become allies, then maybe I could convince one of them to work for you. I\'m assuming your business is more profitable than 24/7 salvaging of pirate ships...

EDIT: Oh and BTW I finished the Hydra last night. It\'s not quite as powerful as the Falcon, but it should serve the purpose of a heavy fighter while matching up with the lore I have provided quite nicely. If I had the screenshots on this computer I would share... but I don\'t so you\'ll just have to wait and see. Also, I\'m going to have to ask Varquynne about his terms for spawining them in as mobs around my base.

Reaction score
    Character Name: James Novak

Traits: Calm, sorta naive, adventurous.

Bio: Born to Solaris, James had always loved the idea of tinkering with his own ship while flying the trade routes and bartering with the free-traders. At a young age he showed an aptitude for small electronics and his family hoped that he would follow the path of a fusion scientist or electronic engineer. Promising careers in the Solaris nation. (I think)
    Unfortunately that was not to be the case. James found work as a crewmember aboard a small and independant mining/cargo vessel that transported basic materials to shipyards and other companies. Some of his duties aboard that ship were to fix the ever malfunctioning life-support system or, one which he much preferred, the piloting of the ship.
    This some what boring cycle soon changed though as the captain got a tip on some rare ore. The only catch was that it was deep in pirate space.
    The captain foolishly pursued this vague tip with no regard for the crew and was quickly intercepted by pirates. Luckily for James he was down in the guts of the ship, repairing the life-support system. And almost as soon as his head popped out of the crawlspace he was greeted by a Lunaris customs officer who promptly explained to him what had conspired while he was below deck. Pirates.
    The ship was impounded and James whisked away aboard the patrol ship to be brought to Lunaris customs where his adventure begins...

Allegiance: Loosely Solaris.

Do you plan to join the military?: Negative.

Initial plans upon joining the server.: Hopefully get hired as crew aboard a smaller ship or run small errands for other people in my own ship.

Other: docendo discimus I just got out of the Forces and I want to get back into roleplaying. I\'m on vacation right now but I\'ll be able to play in about three weeks. Other than that, I like to think I\'m experienced in roleplaying and if I get accepted I\'ll really be looking forward to rping with all of you.
    *Note* This Baron Von Dougal fellow seems like quite the card...

Reaction score
    I can see an alliance. how you want to handle that would be up to negotiations. we can further discuss this in game :D

Reaction score
    Welcome to Vivacitas! we have a shortage of Solaris citizens so it\'s even nicer to have you!

I\'ll PM Var to give you Server information.

Reaction score
    That\'s great! Thanks for accepting me!
    Quick question; What are some player run companies my character would know about?

Reaction score
    Yes there is, I know of a few, one being my own.

AI. - Associated Industries. Heavy ties to Lunaris and practically in the center of Lunaris space.

though I don\'t think Ixalite is hiring or wants to. AI you would know because they are one of the leading producers of trading goods and ships. even some Solaris ships came from AI shipyards.

Rendii Industries, my people. ties to Lunaris, but works to serve all of the legal nature. though it is somewhat Isolationist when it comes to politics, and likes to remain on the fence when it comes to their Political face. I am hiring Workers and Recruiting for the RDF.

INFAMOUS in public eyes both Lunaris and Solaris for letting a terrorist attack happen, thus resulting in the death of 12 and causing debris and Radioactive fallout descend upon the Planet of Rendii. you would have most likely heard about it through Gossip or the GNN.

others I cannot think of, my memory is probably failing me.