[RP] Vivacitas | Whitelist | Modified economy | No catalog

Reaction score
    • Character Name: Zachary Straun
    • Traits: Loyal, Intelligent, Wide range of experience, Adventurous, Adapts well.
    • Bio:

Zach was born and raised on a distant, secluded planet known as Solus. Being a Ceterian, as inhabitants of Solus call themselves, he was brought up in a rather small and isolated civilization. His father, who he looked up to, was a high ranking member of the Ceterian fleet. He developed a love for space, wishing that one day, he too could soar among the stars in a starship. His father took notice to this, and decided to use his free time to educate his son in the workings of starships. On Zach\'s 14th birthday, his father began teaching him about space vessels and took him to space for the first time in a privately owned civilian transport ship. There, he taught Zach how to pilot it, and later how to properly maintain and repair vital components of space vessels. His piloting skills developed well over time, and he even began using his father\'s ship to transport people to and from space docks just outside of orbit, occasionally even taking the ship out for a joy ride. Following in his father\'s footsteps, Zach joined the Ceterian\'s fleet at the age of 18. Through many years of training, he specialized and advanced his knowledge of piloting, a role in which he performed admirably. Before being assigned to his first ship, he was hand picked by Jonathan Grey to be a part of a new project, a certain long-range exploration vessel. Seeing it as an honor to be chosen, he naturally accepted, and began further training and long preparations for this opportunity. Upon completion, he was assigned the position of Helmsman aboard the Ceterian\'s state-of-the-art exploration vessel. Proud and excited to be a part of such a prestigious program, he said his goodbyes and set off with this fellow crew to explore the unknown.

• Allegiance: None, his allegiance belongs to his home planet Solus. This doesn\'t mean alliances can not be formed, however.
    • Do you plan to join the military?: No, seeing as I am currently a member of my home planet\'s fleet.
    • Initial plans upon joining the server: Find a suitable location to set up a \'forward outpost\' and begin building a long-range self-sufficient starship. Upon completion, set out to explore, chart/excavate worlds, and meet new civilzations.
    • Other: Docendo Discimus

((If it\'s not obvious, I\'m a friend of Ntzu. I do have experience in the past roleplaying, and I find this to be a very interesting roleplay server to partake in. While I may not contribute much at first, as exploration continues, I\'m sure my character will tie into the story somehow. My time in the server will vary here and there, though I will remain active.))

Reaction score
    This could just be me mis reading your wonderful Bio but \"Ceterian\"... Are you Terran (this servers version of humans) or an Alien?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    His post kind of assumes you\'ve read mine, sorry about that.

We aren\'t aliens, just a colony of terrans that were cut off from the \'main events\' for several generations and grew indepentantly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the application! So, the Ceterians are a group of Terrans that went off on their own? Sounds fine to me. Could you add a bit more about how Jonathan ended up at a Lunaris customs station in core space, though? Everything else looks great!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, Berntsen! Thanks for your interest in joining the server. For your character bio, though, could you expand on how your character ended up at a Lunaris customs station (lore hook presented in the original post)?

Also, please have a careful look at the rules. There may be something there that\'ll help your application be accepted. ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah, a member of Jonathan\'s crew! Great to see friends applying together :)

One small request, though. Could you add little bit more about how Jonathan and Zach ended up at the Lunaris customs station (presented in the original post)? Everything else looks great!

Reaction score
    Ah, heh. Missed that one.

Thanks for the reply, I added some more story and changed the name of my character.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Character name: Roswell Terys
    • Traits: Chaotic Neutral. Cunning. Absolutely loves mechanisms and computers. Doesn\'t have much of a moral code, yet still holds on to a small sense of consequence.

• Bio: Roswell had it fairly well as a child. Both of his parents were born into riches, so he didn\'t have much to live up to. He struggled with social situations and often avoided interacting with others so that he could focus more on what he found interesting: Electronics. Roswell was fascinated with them, and by the time he was in his teens, he had created a fairly sophisticated AI that was capable of running a small swarm of hexapods. With these robots, he often harassed his local schools and ordered them to scavenge scraps and rusty salvage so that he could create new things. This lead to Roswell\'s deep passion for creating.

• The attack came out of nowhere. I didn\'t know what to do, and my lack of action cost my crew and I both our riches and our well-being. I blacked out, and woke up in the black void of space, the only comfort being the dull light of a distant dying star. I could vaguely make out our wreck of a ship, and a Lunaris-tagged space cruiser slowing down directly in front of me. I was pulled aboard the ship, my HUD flashing bright red. I couldn\'t think. I slipped back into my quiet slumber, only to awake in a bustling room full of blue-marked officers, obviously Lunaris. A single soldier with the job-tag \"Customs\" greeted me and asked my allegiance, as well as a bunch of personal info such as my name and if I was a military member. My mind still cloudy, I tried to answer him with what he wanted me to say: That I was a simple citizen of the Lunaris empire who was ambushed by illegal pirates. That wasn\'t true at all, however, in the reality of it. I was actually a small-time pirate myself, but that was unknown to the soldier, who quickly shuffled away after ordering my release. I was shipped back to what they had marked as my home planet: a dusty ball of crap with nothing on it. And thus, my story truly begins.

• Allegiance: Neutral, but leans towards the industrious Solaris.
    • Do you plan to join the military?: Not initially, though my views may change later IG.
    • Initial plans upon joining server: I hope to remain at a somewhat neutral standpoint and run low-level mining operations in an attempt to work my way up the economic ladder.
    • Other: Docendo. Discimus. I\'m excited to join in :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Character name: Arbecas
    • Traits: Hard worker, friendly
    • Bio: Arbecas is a low-class miner born in the solaris nation. He never had alot of money, but his parents showed him the values of hard work. Since he got his parents mining ship as an heritage, he as always been doing contracts for people. Theise pirates destroying his only valuable really puts him on a low stair, but it\'s in his gene to get up and work to survive
    • Allegiance: Solaris
    • Do you plan to join the military? Maybe later in his life !
    • Initial plans upon joining server: Getting some ressources, build a mining ship, do mining contracts for people and maybe one day join the military.
    • Other: Docendo Discimus. English isn\'t my first language buy I\'m trying as mutch as I can to be eloquent. I\'ve got alot of experience in role-play but not in sci-fy role-play so I\'m kinda \'\'noob\'\'

Reaction score
    Jonathan and Zach were taking a shuttle to meet with the crew of a cargo ship when they were attacked by pirates. After barely managing to escape with some of the cargo ship\'s crew aboard, they were later directed by a traveling merchant to the Lunaris customs station for repairs. Their ship is currently waiting for them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Character name: Mitch Furor
    • Traits: Chaotic Evil - cunning - choleric
    • Bio: Mitch was born to a middle class family on a trading station and dreamed of space and once he turned 18 and enlisted. He quickly propelled his way through the ranks and was known for agressive and almost suicidal tactics. One day he was commanding a patrol of 3 cruisers and was attacked by a large group of pirates instead of retreating he entered the fray head on losing his ship and his crew in the process but was able to claim victory. He was demoted when he returned for being \"reckless\" in battle and costing his crew their lives. He lost hope in the empire that was solaris and walked away from military service for good and now aims to get anything and everything he wants regardless of risk.
    • Allegiance: Pirate
    • Do you plan to join the military? nope
    • Initial plans upon joining server: going off and make some money establish myself and a base and get vengeance against solaris and joining
    • Other: docendo discimus Azazel \"zaz\" Zolari is a close friend

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Character Name: Azazel \"Zaz\" Zolari
    • Traits: Persuasive, Phlegmatic, Passive
    • Bio: As an orphan, Azazel never knew his true origins. As a young boy he bounced from orphanage to orphanage due to his shy demeanor. He was a nice kid, but he hid whenever potential parents came around and refused to talk on a regular basis. That all changed when a Solaris military vessel came by for repairs from a recent pirate attack. Zaz had always dreamed of space exploration and desperately tried to escape the dull lonely life of an orphan. So he snuck aboard the ship, hoping to hide in the storage bay until the ship landed again. Sneaking aboard was more simple than he thought, and he remained hidden for few hours after take off, but he was soon discovered. The captain, Mitch Furor, a very dangerous and reckless man, was extremely vocal upon hearing of Azazel\'s presence. He screamed and ranted at the child, but was surprised to find that Zaz was barely affected by the spewing profanity. Captain Feror took a liking to the child\'s apathetic apperence, and slowly allowed him more and more privliges on the ship. As the years went by, the young adult became the Captains right hand man. His role was the calm and logical advice that his captain would ignore. After Captain Furor abandoned his military career, Zaz remained by his side. Although he did not agree with many of his Captains desicions, his passion was exploring the universe, and loyalty to Captain Furor was his best option to persue that passion.
    • Allegiance: Timedly Pirate
    • Do You Plan to Join the Military? No
    • Initial plans upon joining: Follow Mitch Furor in his ventures
    • Other: Docendo Discimus

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Jonathan and his helmsman were taking a shuttle to meet with the crew of a cargo ship when they were attacked by pirates. After barely managing to escape with some of the cargo ship\'s crew aboard, they were later directed by a traveling merchant to the Lunaris customs station for repairs. Their ship is currently waiting for them.

Reaction score
    Hey Var, not sure if you got the PM I sent you regarding apps here. Just letting you know I sent you one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello all,

Server is temporarily down for maintenance. \"Technical\" issues. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Reaction score
    You don\'t have to accept this, Var, but I\'d like it if you did.

Name:Vicilia \'Vanessa\' Parikul
    Quote:\"I care not for your nations, your disputes, your goals, your \'oh-so-terrifying\' prospect of war. Your kind disgusts me. You see yourselves are wonderful, noble beings only trying to advance yourselves and your ideologies. Look in the crannies, the cracks, the little corners your ego tries to shield and you will find what your species truly is-Evil, immoral and wretched. You don\'t even give excuses, you just give yourself a guise to make yourselves feel better. You even try to kill off the parts, the same parts that made me, that are brave enough to openly show the true face of your species just to make that ruse look better. You\'re sick, all of you. I have no time for you.\"

Bio:Vicilia is quiet and prefers not to speak, as alien DNA has messed with her vocal cords, only saying either what needs to be said of what she feels necessary. She has a hatred not for either or both nations, but for humanity, at their petty attempts to cover up how they truly are and some of the horrific things they do, only respecting the Solarian scientists that made her what she is. Vicilia finds it hard to make friends, her appearance and attitude distancing most, if not all, that come across her, but some researchers find her interesting more than anything.

Vicilia, formerly known as what is now her nickname, Vanessa, lived on a Solaris world that surprisingly avoided the severe mining other Solaris worlds do suffer. She lived a relatively happy life, although a few occasions where the trickery and blackmailing side of the Solaris kept her aware that life was not a perfect safe haven. One day, in a surprisingly well-planned Pirate attack that diverted the SRN from the planet, her entire city was laid to waste and she, along with what survivors there were, were taken captive. When she arrived at the Pirate base she found these not to be Pirates, but a group of armed, trained rogue Solarian scientists. Over the next 10 years she and the other survivors who did not want to be ejected from an airlock was experimented on by the Solarian scientists, who, despite some of the things she did, made sure she was at least okay, and through them found the true face of humanity.

In one experiment using alien DNA \'borrowed\' from the Scarlett crew, she was mutated into a part-alien super creature, something the scientists called a \'Xeno-Humanoid\'. In the tests they performed to test her new abilities, they found her to have over twice the normal human strength, speed, and reflex time. By this point most of the other survivors had died, but everything the scientists had taught, told and shown her had given her a hatred and vengeance against the rest of humankind, respecting the scientists almost like new guardians, who, to her surprise, reciprocated the feelings. In this period the scientists had coined the name \'Vicilia\', a name both gained from what data on the alien DNA they had and the fact she occasionally mistook it for \'Vanessa\'. However, unbeknownst to them a lone research ship, the Wandering Intrigue, had found the station, and a huge LDF vessel assaulted the station, giving them no chance. After the gunfire had ceased, Vicilia found some of the scientist escape pods had fired-Some of those she had come to care for had escaped. The LDF crew found her injured, and, convinced they could return to her to her original human form, took her aboard. However on the way to Lunaris space the Pirate Station nearby, which the scientists had hired to protect them, assaulted the ship. As it drifted past at high speed, Vicilia escaped the crew, attempting to control her to get her off with them, and left in an escape pod, landing hard at Lunaris Customs.

Allegiance:Allegiance? Truly, she is allied to the Independent Science Corp that made her, and seeks those who she knows survived. If she had to choose between Solaris and Lunaris, she\'d rather shoot herself in the head. If she had no way to do so, she\'d, after hours of reluctant decision making, would choose Solaris, but barely.

Military:No, she does not plan to join the military. She hates the Militaries, their rules, their laws and everyone in them. At least when in active duty.

Initial Plans: Get the money and materials to make a strong, powerful ship, and maybe, one day, bring down the ruse covering mankind.

Other:Docendo Discimus. In the whitelist, please make her name Vicilia.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve temporarily removed whitelist access for players while server issues are tracked and resolved. I\'ll update this thread with further progress.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character Name: Dr. Brink Inistraad (ign Inistraad)

Traits: Curious, Tenacious, Supremely Confident

Bio: A current (and only) holder of 7 doctorates from the prestigious Ulren Space and Physics Academy. For nearly 20 years Dr. Inistraad led the way in antimatter and gravitational physics research at the Ulren Academy. Most recently, the good doctor chose to step down as lead researcher, following an investigation into an incident in which 72 students and faculty members lost use of their lower appendages. Shortly after his resignation, the doctor issued a statement to the academy, as well as filed suit with Hexbrand? coolant pumps. In the following weeks the doctor received numerous threats on his life, culminating in a near fatal accident while leaving his home. It was at that time Dr. Inistraad made the decision to seek new employment in a nearby system.

Allegiance: $$$

Military Service: If the pay is right...

Plans: To design, perfect, and implement advanced propulsion and combat technologies

Other: docendo discimus this is a re-re-posting of a prior application.