[RP] Tectum Clementia [Hardcore]

Reaction score
    Character name: Revan Alahk

Bio: Revan, grew up in the Ephebian Clusters, Becouse he grew up in poor slums, he had no choice but to join the military, that way his life would not go to waste, he was not fit for the academies, and he has just been chosen as a extra terrestial infantry. His father was an alcoholic, and his mother died in child birth.

Revan has an influencial character, he is strong becouse of his past, it has made him strong. and so he plans to one day lead as as squad leader for the infantry of the military. He is known to be Neutrally good as a state of person.

Initial Plans: nothing too big. i want to try being crew of big ships, and leading boarding parties and transports into planets.

Reaction score
    Name: Freman Metzani (Yes, another immigraint from EoH, and yes I changed my backstory)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Freman Metzani, born to a group of Requi Voi(Nomads basicly, but more organized) was raised in a suprisingly rigid and tight community for a group of what where Space Nomads pretty much. Which had a strong influence on his personality even as he left, saying \"Divitiae natat in tenebris\"(Wealth is swiming in the dark) and went off to asteroid mine as an employee of a (now defuct) mining corperation. He has a strong desire for order and symetry among other things. As well as an urge to make sure his equipment is well maintained (generally good advice if you live in space). Eventually after the forceful dissaloution of the corperation, drifted in in a battered and (to his shame) ill-maintained mining ship.

Plan: To mine asteroids and get resources any way he could. Other than that he is riding by the seat of his pants.

Reaction score
    Application

Character Name: luis jordan

Species: human

Alignment: destructive friendly

bio: i was found adrift in sector 9,3,6 by a merchant ship i woke up 10 day later thanks to their medical help and they asked me what had happened but soon they realized i forgot everything except than my name. So they agreed that i would stay in the nearest shop with some credits and basic machinery. So that\'s what happened to me that\'s why i\'m here.

Initial plans:

establish a base of operations

prepare a mining colony

creat an empire

create the laws of the empire

create a titan class: using the ship classes found here-» http://starmade.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_Classification

create a fleet

i reserve the right to veto an application

\"VENI, VIDI, VICI\"

Reaction score
    Please read the rules listed in the first post of the thread, carefully. You are missing something in this application.

Reaction score
    Tectum Clememtia is a roleplay server, not a pvp server. There\'s not much point in building a Titan on it. Furthermore, we have our own list of ship tiers, and what each tier requires be done for the ship to be considered In-Character:

http://tectum-clememtia.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Lore

Finally, this application is missing an important bit, found in the rules of the first post in the thread. Please go read through the rules carefully.

Reaction score
    oh ok sorry. it\'s just that building a titan is a goal i have and i thought that it would be more fun to build it in a rp server and i\'ll see trough the rules again

Reaction score
    To become a government in yourself your faction must have 4 people in total. You, and 3 other people. Otherwise you won\'t be considered a government.

added: I know, I am jsut pointing out ot be ICly and maybe oocly recognized as a governmental group you need 3 other people, just letting ya know.

Reaction score
    Ive talked with a friend who planned to do the same but i didnt mean becoming an Empire from the beginning we would start like
    A normal faction

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Character Name: So\'d Tek (Sodtek)

?Age: 34

Species: Human

Alignment: Chaotic good

Bio: So\'d Tek was born from a normal and caring mother while his father was captain of one of the most respected ships in his time. He spent most of his childhood in his fathers battleship and its crew was like his family. Everything pointed at him continuing the leadership of the ship after his father retreated.

But everything changed the day they were boarded by space pirates. Of course So\'d Tek wouldn\'t know in that precise moment, he was just a very young kid playing in his fathers flat inside the ship. Suddenly the alarm set off, an alarm a kid wouldn\'t understand. In a matter of minutes he was picked up by a servant and put into an escape drop pod, directly to the house of a very old friend of his father. There, as if the friend knew what to do when that kid had fallen from space, So\'d Tek was given an education in all fields and taught everything he needed to know, specially about survival in space.

Nobody ever knew what happened to that ship, but he was very certain that he would find it again and therefore find a clue to where (or if) his father might be. He knows that he will have found the right ship by the words written (somewhere lost in the back of his battleship):

\"Qui mori timet et vivere timet\".

Initial Plans: To amass a crew in order to recover his fathers ship and find out what happened that day.

Reaction score
    Character Name: Boris Cherenkov (Krosulhah)

?Age: 44

Species: Human

Alignment: Neutral good.

Bio: Boris was once an Privateer,from age 18, Killing for money, until, aged 20, he was sent on a mission to raid some battleship that had annoyed a client of his, along with the Client\'s men.They quickly got close in and breached the battleships hull, And boarded the ship, neutralizing the security forces, as was his mission.

All was fine, then he saw something that changed him. He saw the civilians onboard being rounded up, beaten for information then Doused in fuel and burnt alive. but he did not see what happened to the ships captain, who is probably still missing to this day.

He quickly decided that what he was doing was a terrible thing, and had caused alot more death than good, and now is out there trying to do some good in the universe.

Ego feci amet statuere.

Initial Plans: Try to do good, helpful things, and not to get killed for being an idiot.

(At first this was not intentionally like the opposite point of view of Tape\'s Bio, but i saw how similar they were, and we talked about it, and it pretty much is the opposite point of view now. )

Reaction score
    While I was initially very apprehensive about joining due to the hardcore nature of the server, I\'m very interested in joining as I had intended to apply to Vivacitas before it died. I think I can deal with the rules.

I have one question though before I apply; can I make a character who is a human who was created as part of a classified/rogue project? (Depending on what would be permissable.) They have a bit of bio-technological cybernetics/enhancements. It shouldn\'t be much and is mainly designed so that they can interface with a special ship (which I would have to work towards building OOC) made as part of the project.

Reaction score
    I guess that really depends.

I\'m apprehensive about anyone asking for a character to be IC\'ly superior to everyone else, for any reason. I think you can understand why, when its sort of my job to try and ensure fairness.

I\'m also apprehensive about characters that have abilities that negate the need for IC crews and their accomodations. I\'ve already had to deal with two gigantic ships that were basically capital-class, and had nothing but one-man cockpits.

Generally speaking, when its my call, I only approve \'special\' ships (that bypass the Tier restrictions) for players if they are one-shot NPC vessels for a story they are telling, and then go away permanently by the end of it.

If none of the above applies, and you just want to claim your character can jack into a ship cybernetically, that\'s fine.... though... serious dangerous for you if you ever get shot down by the Drone Swarm...

Reaction score
    Yeah, the economy is harder.

You can\'t buy L5 minerals at one shop, coarse it down, and refine it back ten times over, and sell that at shops everywhere to make a fortune. Shops only deal in L1 minerals.

You actually do need to scavenge and scrounge materials out of pirate wrecks, or, do some mining work to pay for parts, to assemble a good starting ship.

You can\'t use Cubatom.

You have to build a shipyard of your own to build ships bigger than fighters or corvettes (4M cost).

You are required to build detailed IC interiors and crew accomodations for your ships based on their tier, and the tiers do not extend to infinity.

You will need to limit your use of shields, AMCs, and thrusters, as these things have very high costs and greatly influence a ship\'s tier.

You cannot build Titans. 256M is the top of the tiers (currently). Plus it would take someone months to build fully IC interior accomodations for a crew of three thousand...

You will need armor, since the pirates love their goddamn missile launchers so much. The resistance of armor has been improved quite a bit, and ship cores as well, though.

However... all this being said...

The server is now at the point where there are several players operating living breathing economies, manufacturing their own blocks and building great big ships.

There are factions that will hire new people.

There are two navy factions that will hire new officers and assign them ships immediately, and bigger ships as they gain rank.

If you care to mine asteroids, there are player shops buying all asteroid minables at high prices, including dirt and rocks, and providing public-use factories for coarsing minerals down to L1 where you can sell them at the best prices.

There are some new and very interesting custom blocks due to hit player inventories soon.

In my opinion, it\'s not as [hardcore] as it all sounds. It\'s just a different way to play Starmade. It may not be for everyone, but it certainly is for some of us.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Name: Yithsarius Starlight (TheLordofNyrin)

Latin Quote: Deus nobiscum

Race: Tano

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Bio:

Yithsarius Starlight is a shipwright with specialization and knowledge in engineering. While living on one of the colonies with his four children and 2 brothers, Yithsarius got a job as a miner before moving onto college and getting a degree in engineering. Later in life he took a job as a shipwright at a major shipyard working on warships in perticular. Not to long ago, Yithsarius was restationed at a far reaching outpost as the stations engineer.

Yithsarius enjoys spending time amongst those of his own species and visits the colony where his family resides while on leave. His job as a shiprwright attracts a lot of attenion from industrial companies and the millitary, which makes him quite busy. His early life as a miner also makes him useful in such operations, and may prove useful at his current position as the stations engineer.

Goals: Mining, working on build projects, mainly ships, RP as an engineer and have fun.