Release notes for the DEV build?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i bought the game. i heard that this gives me access to Dev builds. i say again. how do i download these versions?
    You don't need to buy the game to access dev builds. Anyway, Schema... did you give your paws a slave system that's a cannon? Because these dev builds are coming out at machine-gun speed. However, the latest one(s) broke logic. : P

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    This is marvelous. I love that you are planning to allow zone-specific stats.

Are there currently any values which could allow for any form of variable splash or blowback damage? I'm hoping some zones (like gas or dust nebulae) could reduce rocket range to zero (assuming they do explode at max range as I would hope) causing them to explode in your face, but I'd also like to see lasers &/or cannons that are damaged upon firing in specific zones.

I also cannot express my pleasure at hearing the planetary plates will be tiled into orbs in exactly the manner I hoped/suggested.

Could planets potentially explode? I imagine the server loads would be immense, but aside from designating a "Planetary core" block I do not even know how this could be implemented. I just think it would be really cool.

May the fourth be with you!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ithirahad

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Most of the initial bugs have fixed in the latest dev (there should be some more though I think ^^).

Keep in mind that the vanilla configuration /data/config/blockBehavior.xml is mostly copied values atm that don't make much sense. So to get the full scale of the update atm, you have to play around with the values.
    I plan to do a "recompile" button for the next build, so you can edit values ingame and apply them without restarting.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Most of the initial bugs have fixed in the latest dev (there should be some more though I think ^^).

Keep in mind that the vanilla configuration /data/config/blockBehavior.xml is mostly copied values atm that don't make much sense. So to get the full scale of the update atm, you have to play around with the values.
    I plan to do a "recompile" button for the next build, so you can edit values ingame and apply them without restarting.
    I notice that the weapons don't have the sliders anymore in the dev build, this gonna stay? or in the future builds it will make a comeback?
    an besides bugs, logic system and the weapons what did you add more, if anthing?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Also we would get dode-something planets.

Probably there are no sliders, because stats of the weapons are based on the connections master-slave and effects blocks. But that's my guess.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

[...]

YAY. Also, today, May the Fourth be with you, but beware the Revenge of the Fifth!

...But will all of the possible values work? And more importantly, what are all of the different possible "style" attributes for each weapon?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I notice that the weapons don't have the sliders anymore in the dev build, this gonna stay? or in the future builds it will make a comeback?
    an besides bugs, logic system and the weapons what did you add more, if anthing?
    I may be wrong, but I think that he plans to base it solely on the master slave system. Basically instead of using the slider to forfeit shot damage for fire rate, you will adjust the ratio of slave blocks to master blocks

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    the newest version of the devbuild has the "recompile" button. You have to be admin to be able to use it:
    the block behavior config is now distributed to clients from the server. but there is also live deploy: that means an admin can push another config without having to restart. the config will then be applied to all clients and the server. that will hopefully make testing and balancing a lot easier. also it will allow for special modes (in a minigame an admin might want to load a specific config for the occasion, like double damage, etc)

the trigger is tab+period to push the current config to the server (also works in sp of course)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    from what i can tell theres still some work that need to be done. but were definitely getting there.

Planet generation still needs work.

The transitions are a little bugged, the terrain doesn't flow as well as between plates sometimes as well as the overlap being extremely noticeable if theres a hole near the transition and you can see the other plate cutting into it.

I would suggest tapering the edges of each plate so if players are digging near the edges they don't run into a wall of blocks from the other plane. for the generation problem i could see actual mountains that span multiple plates.

Just my opinion.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Are we gonna get a new informative graph that has a lis of every combination? :)

Reaction score
    Are we gonna get a new informative graph that has a lis of every combination? :)
    I've been working on one just as personal reference, its incomplete since not all the combos are added yet. If an official one does not get released--which I think it will--I'll work mine into a pretty graph and post it.

Reactions: mindlord0013
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    at the last time i check the dev build, it was the same (one base weapon is missing yet) but the combos are gonna be the same, the only extra is the effects, that i know we have 4 diferent effects

Reaction score
    at the last time i check the dev build, it was the same (one base weapon is missing yet) but the combos are gonna be the same, the only extra is the effects, that i know we have 4 diferent effects
    We also have beam effects, the ability to connect to secondary utilities, the ability to connect to shields, ect, ect. There is a lot more that what was initially stated.