Release notes for the DEV build?

Reaction score
    And I'm not sure what you did, but the launcher looks loads better in linux now.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This... this is the best thing I've heard all week. Gonna have myself a snipey-stoppey-shotgunny-blue-lazery-thingy!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So many new flavours. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE!!!

Reaction score
    the current dev build is a pure test, and it will most likely crash.

The weapon system is about 90% done.

Basically every configuration value has been exposed to make balancing possible. the config is in data/config/blockBehavior.xml

you can change everything from shield recharge to what weapon combinations do.

Also effects are now a thing, so additional to a combination of the main weapons you can also add an effect to it. I'll write a longer article about it when I finished some clean-up and initial bugtesting.
    Well good luck and godspeed, we're dying for the update!
    Unlikely that you'll respond (being busy and all) but will you be releasing the weapon system then work on planets? Because I'm dying to work on some ships?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    And I'm not sure what you did, but the launcher looks loads better in linux now.
    The launcher (Or rather, the Connection Setup Window) seems to use the default operating system GUI theme thingy rather than the Java default one (I forget what it's called) now. Is that what you mean?

...Anyway, that's a lot of new builds. What... ?
    EDIT1: Wow, loving the Heavy Cannon... And I guess the Sniper Cannon, though I can't tell yet if the buff is working... It doesn't seem to show up on the weapons panel, although it is in the config and the bullet shape certainly changes.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    the effects will have the same kind of balancing.

For example adding a piercing effects (being able to damage blocks that are behind the block that is hit) is very powerful. But the config has options for a tradeoff like more power consumption, less overall damage, less damage against shields/blocks, and many more.

The effects are also applied by ration. E.g. if you apply the pull block (name is just a placeholder), which sets the damage to 0 and the pull to max, if you connect this effect in a block ratio of 50% (e.g. connect a system with 50 pull effect blocks to a beam with 100 blocks) the pull effect will be half as strong, but the beam will still do 50% damage
    thank god the dps will be the same. now it won't be so damn complicated and irregular to find a sweet spot where you do decent dps but without having major power problems

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

...The results of a smallish scattercannon array. Six individual anti-matter cannon tubes. Looks a lot more threatening than it is (I think that particular platform puts out around 22 DPR, around six rounds per shot-pulse (per cannon), with a somewhat long reload), but could be downright terrifying at a larger scale.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The launcher (Or rather, the Connection Setup Window) seems to use the default operating system GUI theme thingy rather than the Java default one (I forget what it's called) now. Is that what you mean?

...Anyway, that's a lot of new builds. What... ?
    EDIT1: Wow, loving the Heavy Cannon... And I guess the Sniper Cannon, though I can't tell yet if the buff is working... It doesn't seem to show up on the weapons panel, although it is in the config and the bullet shape certainly changes.

Buffs crash the game on impact so I guess you haven’t got them hooked up right.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Buffs crash the game on impact so I guess you haven’t got them hooked up right.
    Not buffs, I've tried all of those and they do. I was talking about:

Heavy Cannon - Cannon w/ Damage Pulse slave system
    Sniper Cannon - Cannon w/ Damage Beam slave system
    Spread Cannon - Cannon w/ d1000 Missile slave system
    Machine Cannon - Cannon w/ second Cannon slave system

Reaction score
    Not buffs, I've tried all of those and they do. I was talking about:

Heavy Cannon - Cannon w/ Damage Pulse slave system
    Sniper Cannon - Cannon w/ Damage Beam slave system
    Spread Cannon - Cannon w/ d1000 Missile slave system
    Machine Cannon - Cannon w/ second Cannon slave system
    Ah, my bad. I just realized that new devs have come out since I tried it last so they may be fixed.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ah, my bad. I just realized that new devs have come out since I tried it last so they may be fixed.
    Those are fixed, however the modifiers still cause a ClassCastException on weapon hit and trying to fire any non-cannon-based combos causes an instant crash (Even though the stat modifications seem to work in the weapons panel).

...Also, the combos don't seem to apply to AI turret fire. I had a machine gun turret, and it only fired the really slow default cannon shots (I left them slow rather than messing with the config just so it makes any differences in speed a lot clearer)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Those are fixed, however the modifiers still cause a ClassCastException on weapon hit and trying to fire any non-cannon-based combos causes an instant crash (Even though the stat modifications seem to work in the weapons panel).

...Also, the combos don't seem to apply to AI turret fire. I had a machine gun turret, and it only fired the really slow default cannon shots (I left them slow rather than messing with the config just so it makes any differences in speed a lot clearer)
    I could see that, the combos work with the logic at least.

Also, tracker missiles shot from Logic has no aim so it turn around and hits you a few minutes after fire.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm really looking forward to this more and more. current bugs I've found include the ability to melt shops with lasers and then my game crashed when I linked the laser to my d1000.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm really looking forward to this more and more. current bugs I've found include the ability to melt shops with lasers and then my game crashed when I linked the laser to my d1000.
    Linking anything to anything (Besides weapon combos with an AMC primary, which all work beautifully) causes a crash. And yeah, Lasers have some odd glitches. They ignore shop invulneraility and the shops' automatic detection system, they don't converge at your cursor, and they (by default) do a TON of damage. However, they don't seem to have an implemented range variable yet. (Unless there's been a new build since my last post, I'll have to check)

Reactions: Commodore
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Linking anything to anything (Besides weapon combos with an AMC primary, which all work beautifully) causes a crash. And yeah, Lasers have some odd glitches. They ignore shop invulneraility and the shops' automatic detection system, they don't converge at your cursor, and they (by default) do a TON of damage. However, they don't seem to have an implemented range variable yet. (Unless there's been a new build since my last post, I'll have to check)
    It was stated that the numbers are arbitrary at this point, the 4000 damage missiles was a big hint and even an Isanth deals 300 damage per shot. I did make a few connections that were not cannons as primary that didn't crash but the didn't seem to do anything else though.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It was stated that the numbers are arbitrary at this point, the 4000 damage missiles was a big hint and even an Isanth deals 300 damage per shot. I did make a few connections that were not cannons as primary that didn't crash but the didn't seem to do anything else though.
    Make sure that the core is still connected to the master computers. Sometimes computers show up in the weapon bar without being attached and I think that they randomly stopped working.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i bought the game. i heard that this gives me access to Dev builds. i say again. how do i download these versions?