Ragnarok Galaxy, Persistent RP, Dangerous Reavers, Active Community

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well...i guess...uhhhhhm...science and stuff! Just tell me how to get through that heavy blast door that jumped into my face when i tried to find the toilet! ....The Problem is: I'm from the other side of the ocean. means i need you to tell me when i can come online to get out of the cryo chamber. there are 6hours difference between us (at the moment it is here 3.50PM/15:50)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I hope you've been able to get released. If there's no one on the server who will help you, try signing up and logging in to the site at ragnarokgalaxy.com. There's chat there that has more population than the server most times. I'm on constantly even while working and can jump on to release you as well.

Reaction score
    IGN: Samantha
    - Character Name: Samantha (Sam)
    - Character Race: Human
    - Character Age: 23
    - Short RP Backstory: She was orphaned as a young girl. Throughout her childhood, Sam had gone from foster parent to foster parent. Always being hated and rejected for who she was, Sam had retreated from society and ran off to void space. Living in void space had taught Sam how to survive against all odds and to defend herself from the constant Reaver raids.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    IGN: Samantha
    - Character Name: Samantha (Sam)
    - Character Age: 23
    - Short RP Backstory: She was orphaned as a young girl. Throughout her childhood, Sam had gone from foster parent to foster parent. Always being hated and rejected for who she was, Sam had retreated from society and ran off to void space. Living in void space had taught Sam how to survive against all odds and to defend herself from the constant Reaver raids.
    Short and sweet. Be careful out there. Clear for cryo bay release.

Reaction score
    IGN: Umi

Character Name: Avie Gallven

Character Race: Humans

Character Age: 16

Character Appearance: Has red hair, Blue eyes with a little green sparkle, Whitish taned,is 5 Ft 4"

Character Backstory: Lived on a Planet on the Edge of the Galaxy Looked like earth but it was destroyed by Interplanetary War. A 100,000 People where left. They left there planet and went out side of the Galaxy and live on there outpost Space Station to live on. 12 years has past since that tragic day and when Avie turned 16 she left the Space Station to Explore the Galaxy. She just did not feel like she fit in. Her parents died of the Plague along with 1000 other people. The Story of Avie Gallven is just geting Started.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Clear for cryo bay release. Don't forget to sign up on the website and post there too!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The rumors are in this case at least accurate, if a little premature. There will be a Solaris style set of arenas and contests/tournaments based on mech design and combat. Several staff and players are discussing the preliminaries. There will most likely be event threads posted in general discussion when we're a little further along.

Reaction score
    - IGN: Jake_B
    - Character Name: Jake Byron
    - Character Age: 22
    - Short RP Backstory: Jake is a simple miner. Living on capital ships since he can remember, he's always wanted to save up enough from mining to buy his own ship. And coming from a family with nothing but a small salvage ship, he's got a long way to go.

I also tried to set up an account on your website, but the link I was emailed told me it was an invalid activation link. Mind clearing it out? I used the name gnollhide on there.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Clear for cryo release. You should ask for a cutter frigate (salvager) when you're released. Also you should be able to go to the site main page and login and access forums now.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I already signed up for a forum account but I don't know if it went through.

So before I post my character, a word of caveat: I know the admins want us to choose a preset race, but my character is sort of customized, she's basically human but with a distant strain of Daemorin - according to the wiki Daemorins used to be on Earth and that is where we get our idea of demons. Since Daemorins are described as mostly human looking except for horns and skin color, I figure it isn't a stretch to say interbreeding is possible. She basically looks human but her Daemorin blood gives her access to the same bio-nanite driven "magic" that the Daemorins have. Also because her clan was originally Japanese the idea of a part-human part-Demorin hybrid isn't necessarily as abhorrent - unlike Christianity, demons and yokai in Shintoism are neither inherently good nor inherently evil. In fact, the magic abilities of her ancestors thanks to their Demorin heritage led them to become a powerful sect of Shintoism with their Demorin ancestor as their patron deity, and their tradition continued even after leaving Earth. The strain of Daemorin blood has retained itself over the millenia due to the fact her clan has made attempts to keep their bloodline pure as a sign of reverence.

Anyways, I just wanted to post that to prove that my character's... uniqueness isn't cheating, this is how I've justified it in the RP sense. That being said:

IGN: Kazeko
    Character Name: Kazeko Meguri
    Race: Human w/ distant Daemorin heritage
    Appearance: Short and Asian-looking with black hair cropped in a hime-cut. When not wearing her space suit she dresses like a miko - a Shinto shrine maiden (white kimono with a red hakama-style skirt)
    Personality: Impulsive and reckless, but kindhearted. Enjoys her freedom. Though she usually goes her own way by herself, she isn't against the occasional partnership with like-minded people.

History:
    The Meguri clan is descended from a powerful family of priests and shrine maidens, and their loyalty to their traditional ways has caused their cultural connection to survive even after emigrating from Earth milennia ago. They were renowned amongst humans for the presence of mystical powers that would appear every two generations or so. After humanity came into contact with the Daemorins, research into their history concluded that their patron deity Renjiagami was actually a Daemorin that their ancestors discovered and promptly began worshipping. Among the maidens of the Renjiagami sect, tradition dictated that they sacrifice their purity to the god as a sign of their devotion, which ostensibly led to many half-human half-Daemorin children being born into the family, establishing a strain of Daemorin genetics - which in turn lead to the "magic" of the tribe, now understood to be the same bio-nanites the Daemorins interface with to perform their supernatural feats of elemental control.

Meguri Kazeko (surname first), the second-eldest daughter to the head of the Meguri clan, is the latest of the family to have been born with Daemorin powers - specifically the ability to move and manipulate bodies of air. When her powers were discovered the family isolated her with the intent of training her to be the sect's next great mystic. Unfortunately, all the pressure made her feel like a bird in a cage - eventually her longing to be free like the wind she called lead her to run away from her home and see for herself the same stars she would watch in the night sky above her family's shrine. Since then she has made her living as a bounty hunter, scavenger, and drifter, taking odd jobs from whoever offers her work.

Despite her distaste of her family's traditions, she still feels an emotional connection to her heritage, stemming back from an incident where, having been attacked by Reavers, she found herself unexpectedly outside of her airlocked hull and in the vaccuum of space, sans suit. She should have died that day, but unknowingly she had used her powers to drag her ship's atmosphere with her and seal herself within a bubble of breathable, pressurized air. Since then, she has prayed daily to Renjiagami, thanking her Daemorian ancestor for her powers, and has also taken to wearing her old shrine maiden's garb underneath her space suit.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431930513,1431929709][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, made an account on the forums, got activation email, but can't login. Nevermind got it

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Totally fine. Humans are often modified in one way or another, crossbreeds are just another avenue. Clear for cryo bay release.

Reaction score
    IGN: Mixxit
    Character Name: M1XX Model 1T
    Race: Homo Apparati
    Appearance: This 6 foot apparati is clearly dis-functional on appearance, lack of common facial expressions and aged implants make it seem like a very old model that may have served some laborous role.

Personality: This unit seems to have lost any semblance of humanity and is more android than human. Well intentioned, but often clunky and slow to comprehend, this cyborg appears to have some spark behind its proto-tech cybernetic eyes that perhaps it once saw a greater role in its lifetime. The unit appears to find particular comfort as a servant, perhaps some ancient programming that may have once been an important part of its life. It desires to find acceptance of its abilities, despite all others of its species being vastly superior and takes great pride in making whomever it is serving appreciative of its efforts

History:
    M1 first became operational 32 years ago and based on information from those who have investigated its internal systems can see the tissue it was fused with must had suffered some tragic accident as barely any part of the brain was left to implant. Unusually, this particular model is fused with older technology than what would normally be used on a typical Apparati so it leads some to believe wherever he was assembled was lacking resources or the technology. Some believe this may have been some distant mining or prison colony where older parts may had been to hand following some unfortunate incident

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wow. Heartily accepted. Clear for cryo bay release. Don't forget to sign up on ragnarokgalaxy.com!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, the server is still up, and will stay that way for years to come. The best place to find out current information will always be the website, as we have forums, live chat, and a news feed.

In other news however, we had some technical difficulties stemming from the expanding server database that comes with the current version of the game. Surpassing the available size on an SSD is never good. The server has moved to new hardware on a new IP temporarily while we clean up and save ships/stations/sectors for a universe reset.

Again, up to date information and news is always best had on the official server website ragnarokgalaxy.com.

Reaction score
    Hey Lidren, When i was creating my account for the website i messed up the email its @gmail.com not @gamil.com. Also when i tried creating my account with the corrected email it said its in use. Could you do anything about this? I didn't try posting anything on the forums because i thought i couldn't.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm away from my desk at the moment. As soon as I get back I'll look into it and get back to you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello, it is I! I just wanted to leave a review here :)

I have been playing this server for 2 Months now, and it's also been my First Starmade server I've played on so bear with me :P

As Lidren says, it is a RolePlay server, and an excellent one at that. It utilizes the new chat system to have an OOC channel and an IC channel, (Most players would have to join the IC channel as it is not default) allowing easy general chatter, and instant RP chat.

The Pirates on this server offer a decent challenge for even skilled players, Starmade's new custom stations and the server's custom pirates really make a fun mixture, and you may even be able to design Pirates too. The Pirates are called 'Reaver Cannibals', and there is also a RP Faction called 'Reavers' for those who want to play as an antagonist.

The community is very active during peak times, lots of chatter, and if you want, RP can happen at a moments notice! Factions are also plenty, Ranging from the Militarised 'Vanguard', to the Space bug 'Ixci Hive'. Each factions has it's own quirks and set ups, and they are all worth joining. There is also a Public Faction for players who don't want to join a faction, but want to protect their things ('Spacers for Hire').

There are a lot of skilled Builders on this server, for example, Crusade runs Kytech, and he builds beautiful ships for himself and his faction of 'Spearhead Yauchtworks'.

The RP doesn't just stop on the server, the website also has a few RP threads, ranging from a medieval style, to WW1 Battleships, to Exosuits! There is even a forum RP that is actually IC, for those who either want the extra RP, or those who can't join the server.

From my point of view, this is a great server. the Hardware is on top of everything, I barely lag because of Game reasons (I only lag because of MY internet) and it's always a pleasant day on Ragnarok.

Thank you for reading :)

Reaction score
    Well now, you guys sound like quite the awesome server. I'm new to the starbound community, and I have been looking for a dedicated and active rp server to join. I'll submit my bio in this post, but I was also wondering if theres anything I need to know, other than whats been stated, for someone whos never joined a RP server before.

IGN: DNervix

Character name: Enrion Hyro

Character age: 26

Edit Character Race: (forgot to add) Human.

Character appearance: Silver hair and Silver eyes. (He's been a character of mine since I was like 13, so yes, very teenage-angsty styled). Lean build, about 5ft 10in. Hair is shaggy, short length. Wears what appears to be a military styled jacket, green in color, and black jeans with combat boots.

Character Bio: Hailing from another planet in a far away system, Enrion is now a drifter. After countless harrowing adventures on his own home world, a disaster struck the planet, rendering it inhabitable, and Enrion, along with thousands of others, was forced to take to the stars. Where would he go now? Were there other survivors? And what caused the disaster on his home world? Armed with the knowledge of star ships, he presses forward to find these answers.

(Please note, this is not the same planet that mainline humanity is from, if that's ok.)

Last edited: