Quick placement of turrets

Reaction score
    I often spend hours building massive ships my only let down is the amount of time it takes to place turrets, this then causes me to build larger turret destroying the looks of the ship (I do know that you can teleport into a ships core using tab f8). The way I see it there are two ways to solve this.

The first and slightly easier option is to just make ships spawn in closer so you dont have to fly them 2 km.

The second better option is to create a system like copy and paste but with turrets, so all you have to do is select the turret then click on the docking module. this would also speed up the placement of docked reactors.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Tab + F8 into them if in single player with one selected but yes we need a better way. At the moment the main way I speed things up is building racks of turrets and loading those rather than 50 single turrets. It'd be nice if Create Dock let us deploy an existing BP to a given docking point if we had the resources or even a full one in our inventory.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Or maybe adding a "dock design entity" to shipyard where when you create a dock you can select a design name currently in your SY to the docking point.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just build turrets in the shipyard , blue print them and make however many I want , then I just dock these to the ships or station , I haven't tried building them on the ships because my ship yard is too small so I build modular.

Reaction score
    Tab + F8 into them if in single player with one selected but yes we need a better way. At the moment the main way I speed things up is building racks of turrets and loading those rather than 50 single turrets. It'd be nice if Create Dock let us deploy an existing BP to a given docking point if we had the resources or even a full one in our inventory.
    What do you mean by a rack of turrets? Like a single stationary docked entity that has turrets docked to it?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Use "Create Docking" in advanced build mode to create all the turret's cores, then copy&paste your turret design onto these cores.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That's something we talked of with the devs in the previous council term. They said that something would definitely be implemented down the road, but I don't think that there are plans for it currently (not a top priority). It'd be something like assigning a turret blueprint to a dock and it'd spawn in place. Don't quote me on that last line though, as it's still very speculative.