Power Update Proposal

Reaction score
    Hello everybody.
    Okey, I know, there is many topics about power overhaul proposal, but I've been thinking of it for a while, and i think my proposal is a bit different from others. Let's talk about it.

So, this proposal is based on 3 blocs and 2 new systems :

New Blocks :

Power Controller (PwCr)
    The Power Controller is a block that can command a group of Power Generator, by fuelling them with crystal. (1 crystal per Power Generator, each crystal last t seconds, while the PwCr is active)
    Note : it can also be linked to a storage block, pulling crystals when the actives ones are empty (destroyed)

Power Generator (PwGe)
    The Power Generator works quite simply. It needs a PwCr to work. Each Power Generator generate Q power for t seconds while active, and generate H heat, each second, depending on the color of the crystal

Radiators
    Radiators are passives blocks that cooldown the ship each second, for H (not defined, around 50 i think ?) heat

New systems :
    Power System :
    The power system is quite simple to understand :
    You get (at least) 1
    PwCr and some PwGe, and radiators to cooldown your ship. You also need a storage block.
    You put on your ship/station/whateveryouwant the
    PwCr, and link it to all/part of your PwGe (you can make multiple group to adapt your consumption to the situation, but it could make auxpower useless...). Also, you can place the storage block and link the PwCr to the storage. You can place a logic activation module and link it to the PwCr to activate it or deactivate it whenever you want. Then, you put crystals in the storage block. The PwCr will take as many crystal as he control PwGe, and consume them for t seconds. Each second, every PwGe generate Q power and H heat. To cooldown your ship, you place the radiators.
    Heat system
    As said before, PwGe will generate H heat, and heat isn't good for you and your ship. You need to cool it down to keep it in a good state, or it will sustain some... disfunctionment. and take damage. To cooldown your ship, place Radiators.
    I was also thinking about making thermic weapons effect (and a defensive one that can add thermical resistance to the ship).
    Also, I was thinking of Hea seeking missiles, heat seeking would target ships that are the hottests, and not the closest.
    Heat could start to do damage to the ship depending on the size of the ship. Bigger ships could support more heat before starting to sustain damages on system.

Crystals
    Here is some exemple of crystals t, Q, and H:

Color t Pwr (Q) Energy (t*Pwr) H
    White 1800s 1400pwr/s (total power : 2.52M) 100H/s
    Black 1200s 2000pwr/s (total power : 2.4M) 90H/s
    Red 1400s 800pwr/s (total power : 1.18M) 40H/s
    Orange 1300s 900pwr/s (total power : 1.17M) 39H/s
    Yellow 1200s 1000pwr/s (total power : 1.2M) 42H/s
    Green 1100s 1100pwr/s (total power : 1.21M) 43H/s
    Cyan 1000s 1200pwr/s (total power : 1.2M) 42H/s
    Blue 900s 1300pwr/s (total power : 1.17M) 39H/s
    Purple 800s 1400pwr/s (total power : 1.18M) 40H/s
    Pink 700s 1500pwr/s (total power : 1.05M) 34H/s

I trully hope that you will enjoy this idea.
    Sorry for my lack of vocabulary, English is not my first language :)

Reaction score
    So, it's a fuel proposal thread, but instead of outright calling it fuel, it's crystals, and instead of just one type of crystal, there's multiple. Well, at least it has more sustenance than a lot of the other threads. But that's because it's just a mash of the original proposal and a lot of the other ones. Ok, so two questions; Where do we get crystals, are they just refined ore? What is the worst a system could become, does it continue to sustain damage after overheating?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    interesting and somewhat different take on fuel, but i dont think itd adapt well to sm personally. the additional crystals could make it feel more realistic and management oriented, but would add a massive layer of required tedium

Reaction score
    So, it's a fuel proposal thread, but instead of outright calling it fuel, it's crystals, and instead of just one type of crystal, there's multiple. Well, at least it has more sustenance than a lot of the other threads. But that's because it's just a mash of the original proposal and a lot of the other ones. Ok, so two questions; Where do we get crystals, are they just refined ore? What is the worst a system could become, does it continue to sustain damage after overheating?
    Crystal could be the block that we actually use for decoration, or some new items to craft, i don't know.
    Where do we get crystal ? Shops, mining, crafting... it could be a craft that break one crystal block to make some smaller crystals.
    And no, a system don't sustain damage after overheating, just while he is too hot.