Status
    Not open for further replies.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Oddly enough, that is the kind of bug everyone should be warned of, since it is entirely the fault of the builder and they need to be aware before building in order to prevent it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    AndyP : The stations that Wookie was able to destroy docked ships on were NOT built over a sector edge as I described on slack. It was only the video that Rabid had made had a station over the sector edge, which explained what was happening in his video (and the comment I left on his youtube video).

Reaction score
    AndyP : The stations that Wookie was able to destroy docked ships on were NOT built over a sector edge as I described on slack. It was only the video that Rabid had made had a station over the sector edge, which explained what was happening in his video (and the comment I left on his youtube video).
    So then, based upon the information that Andy gave and what you stated here wookie did not use the glitch you just claimed he did?

Reactions: SuperWookie
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So then, based upon the information that Andy gave and what you stated here wookie did not use the glitch you just claimed he did?
    Serious? The bug in the video (building over a sector edge) is NOT the same bug Wookie used, nor is it the same bug you lost a ship to. How hard was that to work out?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    K10wN right, and unfortunately the station was destroyed/removed before we could get an export to examine it.
    And this means we cannot supply any objective opinion of it happening or not happening at all.

I do not really want to judge this case in any way, and this also lies out of my knowledge to give any opinion on what really happened,
    however as you mentioned my name, I bring in the things I am aware of, and what not.

So the ONLY thing I can clearly say is:
    Rabid could not proof a proper way to reproduce that, as this requires indeed a broken station (or parts of the station being in the actual sector when the "origin" is at least 2 sectors away).
    This does not deny or support any thing in the hacking/attempt by Wookie, we only got the evidence and details in case Rabid and could judge on those details.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    K10wN right, and unfortunately the station was destroyed/removed before we could get an export to examine it.
    And this means we cannot supply any objective opinion of it happening or not happening at all.

I do not really want to judge this case in any way, and this also lies out of my knowledge to give any opinion on what really happened,
    however as you mentioned my name, I bring in the things I am aware of, and what not.

So the ONLY thing I can clearly say is:
    Rabid could not proof a proper way to reproduce that, as this requires indeed a broken station (or parts of the station being in the actual sector when the "origin" is at least 2 sectors away).
    This does not deny or support any thing in the hacking/attempt by Wookie, we only got the evidence and details in case Rabid and could judge on those details.

- Andy
    The station that Wookie destroyed a docked ship on still exists. It was only the station that had been built over a sector edge (their own faction base) that was un-built by the remaining faction members (because it was built over a sector edge and larger than the allowable size we permit in the rules to prevent this from happening).

The fact that they made a video about a known docking bug shows they knew previous about bugs in docking and unfairly took advantage of that. Which is why Wookie, and only Wookie was banned from the server.

Last edited:

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    On 7th May we asked for the station and got told "it is mostly gone due to faction members removing huge parts of it".

- Andy

Reaction score
    The station that Wookie destroyed a docked ship on still exists. It was only the station that had been built over a sector edge (their own faction base) that was un-built by the remaining faction members (because it was built over a sector edge and larger than the allowable size we permit in the rules to prevent this from happening).

So then this glitched that you claimed wookie used and that you reported to AndyP directly is NOT the same glitch that Andy told us that he was informed about?

Reactions: SuperWookie
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    On 7th May we asked for the station and got told "it is mostly gone due to faction members removing huge parts of it".

- Andy
    You asked for the station in the video, which is not the station Wookie destroyed a docked ship from.

I also told you that I could reproduce it on both ships and station, on both MikeLand and on my test server, and gave a full description of how I did it.

Last edited:

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    So then this glitched that you claimed wookie used and that you reported to AndyP directly is NOT the same glitch that Andy told us that he was informed about?
    It is not that easy, we got contacted when rabid came up with the video that should proof a "non-hacking" way to cause the thing, that wookie was suspected of.
    We could only investigate, this, as the "wookie" case was already a few days in the past then and logs were lost (as explained by K10wN already)

You asked for the station in the video, which is not the station Wookie destroyed a docked ship from.
    True, my bad, confused that right now, sorry.
    We asked for that station in combination with clearing up the "rabid" proof video, we were never investigating "wookie" directly as without logs there is nothing we can really work with. While rabid had client logs and a video of his case.

- Andy

Reaction score
    It is not that easy, we got contacted when rabid came up with the video that should proof a "non-hacking" way to cause the thing, that wookie was suspected of.
    We could only investigate, this, as the "wookie" case was already a few days in the past then and logs were lost (as explained by K10wN already)
    So all you can say is you don't know if the two are related?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    So all you can say is you don't know if the two are related?
    Oh, I can say that I know IF they are related:
    They are not, if all was as described.

Facts about this:

1) rabid did undock a ship, by having a part of the base loaded, and not the origin. (So the blocks were visble there, but the "core" of the station that brings them to life and coordinates them was unloaded

2) the station in the wookie incident is not built that way (OR it happened a long time ago, and the station was spawned in for example sector 2, 2, 2 and extended by a single block line to 2, 2, 4 and then the blocks in 2, 2, 2 and 2, 2, 3 got removed, moving the marker toward the new position but keeping the root of the station far away), however the chance this happened is rather low.

There maybe one small test that can bring up more information.

K10wN may you export the station from the wookie incident and try to import in single player?

There are two possible results:
    1) The import is EMPTY, this would make this a proof of the very unlikely case the station has its origin elsewhere and may have the same situation as rabid (this would indeed require above explained illegal station sneaking from sector to sector being used somewhere in its lifetime)

2) the station is in the import

this has two possible outcomes:
    2a) a factionmember undocked the ship
    2b) wookie hacked and we have no idea how

Both cases would be bad in some way, and out of our reach.
    However at least case 1 could clear all thing up, and proof ALL previous assumptions wrong. =)

- Andy

(sorry hit submit somewhere while writing and didnt notice)

Reaction score
    Oh, I can say that I know IF they are related:
    They are not, if all was as described.

Facts about this:

1) rabid did undock a ship, by having a part of the base loaded, and not the origin. (So the blocks were visble there, but the "core" of the station that brings them to life and coordinates them was unloaded

2) the station in the wookie incident is not built that way (OR it happened a long time ago, and the station was spawned in for example sector 2, 2, 2 and extended by a single block line to 2, 2, 4 and then the blocks in 2, 2, 2 and 2, 2, 3 got removed, moving the marker toward the new position but keeping the root of the station far away), however the chance this happened is rather low.

There maybe one small test that can bring up more information.

@k10
    Thank you very much for the information Andy.

Now k10wn please explain.

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Alrighty, well this thread has successfully become incredibly off-topic. It turned very quickly from a server review to harassing the OP. Whether or not you feel your words and actions are justified, the response to this thread has been highly unacceptable.

If you have specific issues with a user or thread on the forum, please use our report tool and move on. Contributing to the problem is in nobody's best interest. This thread is now locked from further replies, if you wish to continue this discussion please use our private message system.

Reactions: Az14el
    Status
    Not open for further replies.