Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    I love the idea of miniturized block for making your own armor, weapons, and robots(maybe). I personally think it would add a great level of immersion and also fun to the game. That being said... In order for this to me realistically implemented there would need to be a few guidelines.

1- the game should ave default armor classes and sets that are carefully constructed by schema.

2- if armor is to be made in a \"capsule\" it should have buildable areas layed out so that the armor can\'t become too extensive.

3- armor micro blocks should be VERY expensive until the game has the economy fixed and pirate loot nerfed (and even after, microblock should remain expensive). The cost of making your own armor needs to be high because most players should stick to defults to make the game more fair. Players who put in the effort will eventually reap the rewards though.

4- This one is more of a way of actually implementing this without causing lag- Once you have made a custom armor piece it should save as one entity, not as many blocks. The individaul armor pieces would have their sats for sheilding, hp, etc catolouged upon exiting the build mode, in order to preserve the individuality of the piece. Once the armor was an entity, it would take damage in a way very similar to all other block-type entities in the game.

These guidelines should be meshed to weapons and custom weapons as well.

Reaction score
    Damn, all this talk about epic battles makes me want a non-ship battle like the thunder dome, with customised areans with cover and every thing, we could even do it with the guns we have now...*voice trails off at awesomness*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    because they are already aadding guns to the game if i could only have one of these i would want boarding to be in the game i have always wanted to raid a ship :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You got your rifle, your fighting your way through the battle field against infantry when suddenly you spot a lightly armourd Mech, you fire of a burst at it, no effect, the anti-personal ammo your gun uses cant penetrate the armour. However you got some spare armour pirecing ammo with you, with two-three well aimed burst with sparks flying from every hit and it falls face first into the ground.

And you are saying we should just bring up a UI and just \'make\' the gun able to take it out? Well i dont mean to sound mad but do you see my point?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, before I start ranting about this post, whoever thinks nukes should be in this game, they shouldn\'t. IRL, nukes are so powerful because the create a Shockwave, mainly from sound and heat. The heat may be able to get through a layer of hull, but sound CANNOT travel in space. Therefore, Nukes are pretty much useless.

ANYWAYS, back on topic, I think this would be a GREAT addition to the game. We need more variety in handheld, and ship weapons. what I think is that each weapon in game can be configured to have a proficiency in taking out a certain object. You can make a AMC into an energy weapon, shredding shields. Or, you could make it into a explosive weapon, ripping through armor. Or, you could make it a kinetic weapon, tearing flesh (though, I don\'t see why you would wanna, it\'s a giant fucking cannon, you arent gonna be shooting at just some random soldier, you\'re gonna be shooting at SHIPS!)

That\'s about it for now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ...specialized cannons which fire players in hollow shells. Upon impacting the hull of an enemy ship, the shells bore through until it reaches the inside, then releases the player. Imagine a battle between capitol ships with this sort of troop deployment.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What happens if the shots shoot wide? Does the ship need to go out and find the players before they enter a new system?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    i had the same idea but i got it from the seperatist boarding craft in the star wars clone wars animated series. the spikey bit smashes through the hull, then seperates into 4 smaller spikes (while making a big hole in the process) allowing the droids to pop out into the republic assault cruiser and take over the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe they would lose velocity over a short amount of time, which means boarding pods are only useful at close ranges. That means no snipe-boarding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When one misses or even before thye hit, can someone simply shoot them down before they get too close or worst of all, a well timed pulse knocking them well off course?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    YE LASER TARGETERS FOR AUTOMATED TURRETS TO SHOOT DOWN BOARDING PODS

Which is why we have tons of boarding pods so we can overload their targeting systems full of robots which we can use to overrun the enemy crew, and then we can have huge robot battles on huge robot ships with huge robot borgs assimilating huge robot people into more huge robot borgs

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Fire the AMC in the halls, arm the defence Billy units..... Wait a tick.. this sounds like page 1 o_O