Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Before you can come to my core room you must pass by the 9x9x9 hallowed out rooms containing my XL Billy mech suit warriors!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    *Drops off a nuke and runs*

PS: nukes work in ships. They have a medium to pass through.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    oman I can already feel the traps that oculd be made

*enemies wonder into vast room*

*pilot undocks a ship that is really just a shipcore and a disintergrater*

*explosion is to small/weak to damage the vast room but it kills the invaders*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, if it Pulses at the right time then the boarding pods would be forced away so... No.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wouldn\'t the boarding party be plastered to the walls even if they get on board?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Depending on the force of the pulse, it may affect only the boarding pod, or the people inside. If it\'s like, 1000 Newtons, those astronauts are gonna be more than just plastered. More like Splattered.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Nice suggestion!

Also, with dis-integrators, boarding parties would be a great tactic. Find the ships core, set up hundreds of explosives around it, set it off with plex doors or something else

Reaction score
    I love most of these ideas, but do have some problems. I think more focus sould be put into combat for people instead of ships, but not quite as much as is being suggested. Your teleporter idea nearly mimics my own, which of course is a good mark. Androids I would love, as well as mechsuits. I think that if mechsuits are going to be implemented, they should focus on \"Labor\" and not combat. Tractor beams as well mimic my own thoughts. Hacking, though, I don\'t know. Of course, there should be a way to get past plexdoors and the like, but there seems to be no way to STOP this, just reverse it. If you\'re in a ship, stuck in a tractor beam, with somebody hacking your doors and about to break in, how are you able to stop them? You can\'t leave the ship and shoot them, you can just wait and be boarded. Magboots, eh. I suppose it would be cool if it allowed you to stick to any (Hull) surface, regardless of whether or not it\'s the floor. Jetpacks, I suppose might be good, but it would allow you a way to escape your ships death without actually dying. Though, thinking about that, it might not be bad. Also, DNA scanners? HELLZ YEAH

Anyways, I think all of the ideas have merit, even if in my opinion need touching up.

I do have some suggestions myself. Lots of them, in fact. This post may end up being close in size to the original. I\'m not going to bother reading the comments to see if other people posted these because that would take way too long.

WARP CORES

Warp Cores would be enormously expensive, and would take up lots of space so you could only have them on capital ships. You would need a lot of the blocks for it to actually work well, and a decent power supply. Depending on their size, they would allow you to travel great distances in seconds to minutes. Range would be limited by size, as well as the time it takes. Once you arrive at your destination, you won\'t be able to fire weapons or move at full speed for a time, depending on the length of your journey. If you were looking out the window for your trip, you would see Star Wars-esque hyperspace, with brief flashes of planets and such.

BLACK MARKET

The black market would be an alternative to shops, run by smugglers instead of the trade guild. Certain goods would be cheaper, ( Things like personal weapons, explosives, and cloakers), while others would be the same(Hulls, lights, and the like), or more expensive(Mechsuit parts, warp cores, and other things that normally only powerful corporations like the trade guild would have). The goods sold for more at black market shops would have a tendency to appear more often at black market shops. Not only would these shops be rarer, but smugglers would attack if they felt they had a chance to get their sold goods back safely (There would basically just be a chance that they would send out ships scaled to yours). Black market shops would perhaps be defended by minefields to ensure only small ships can get through, and maybe be located in abandoned space stations, shanty towns on planets, or inside of enormous space animal corpses (I want that one so much).

SPEAKING OF SPACE ANIMALS

Whether tiny insectlike creatures that feed on the metal so often found in space these days, or enormous leviathans that metabolize the radiation from sources such as suns (And power blocks), all space animals will pose some threat or annoyance. The aforementioned insects would slowly damage and destroy hull blocks. They would gather around anywhere where hulls are sold, or shipwrecks. If you fly near these places, they might decide to take a bite out of your own hull. The leviathans would live close to suns, and would normally claim the sectors around the sun as its own, and if they sense a ship with an excess of power blocks, they may decide to stop it and claim it as their own. Those are the two examples I think I would like the most.

SPEEDER BIKES

Not ships, but very similair. Essentially placeable miniships with what are basically pistols mounted on top.

TRIBESMEN

Very rarely, tribesmen would be on a planet. As you descend they would attack you with bows & things, but you would be able to awe them with your ship and make them worship you as a god. Sometimes the attempt will make them hate you more. You would be able to teach them, maybe make them your crew, and they would defend you with their lives. Occasionally they would give you gifts. Sometimes they will pull a Pirates of the Caribbean(Among other movies) and attempt to sacrifice you.

ETC. The rest shall remain in my head for now.

Reaction score
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

eldar/pointy helmeted space elves crossed with gnomes FTW. but seriously, eldar are basically the imperiums allies by now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, Warp Cores and mobs have absolutely nothing to do with personal defense at all, but speeder bikes

Wouldn\'t it be possible to make a speeder bike out of a mechsuit?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think something that could be useful for boarding is electromagnets, that, when powered they will stick to othersurfaces, so imagine launching plenty of baroding pods with these which will allow them to stick to the enemy, The electro magnets can be activated like weapons. Something elese which is useful are the Magnetic Breaching Charges, which will stick to surfaces, and destroy a 3x3x3 area (This is ofcourse if you use 1 MBC), alowwing you to peirce hulls 3 blocks thick, aswell as creating holes big enough for people to fit through. Sheilds will hinder the effect of the MBC, but one block will always be destroyed, and plexglass will be destroyed shields or not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this is the main issue, how do you make sure you land on the part of the ship that had hulls or land on a access doorway?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Spray dem pods out and pray one of them is lucky enought to find a hall way,also you could allways do your best to gut out a ship from the inside :3

Reaction score
    If aliens are added will i be able to use orbital bombardment to kill my dinner?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    this isn\'t a space ship thread

this is a shoot lasers at each other with pew pew guns thread

so no, you can\'t shoot orbital bombardment at aliums sorry