Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Something else they should add.

Drop pods.

you have it docked to your ship, you go above a planet and you undock it.

the pod will automatically go to and land on the planet and all people/billys inside will jump out and attack anything on the planet.

these pods hold up to 5 people or 5 billys.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    How will we get back to the ship? Unless you leave a guy on the ship to fly a shuttle down....

Drop pods are a cool idea though. Stick a turret on top so it becomes a turret once it lands, great for assaults.

Teleporting would be nice too. And simply flying a shuttle into the atmosphere and dropping down with jetpacks would be another way

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The ship will launch a shuttle to get them back yeah.

the turret idea is great too. but teleporting may be a bit OP.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The drop pod is a good idea, it would go good together with drop ships, the drop ships would carry more people and a tank or two depending on the size. Just imagine like two or three drop ships landing on the planet dropping the tanks and players AND Billies while drop pods go crashing down near by, the doors open and more players/billies come rushing out while the turrets shoot at the enemy.

The drop pods would probably be built with the cockpit on the bottom of the pod so the pilot would aim right into the ground. BUT is the glitching through a moving ship been fixed? Cause if it\'s not fixed then cores will need to be added to keep the people inside of the ship. And if you add cores then it won\'t look like a drop pod anymore, cause as you all know, they are small.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I hope there\'s a reason to create bases on planets in the future for reasons other than to make ammunition/fuel/healing depots and stations :P

Maybe we can have rare artifacts on planets that are so large they can only be moved by ships with certain things on them, so the outpost calls centcomm and tells them to get the artifact, when all of a sudden the syndicate intercept the radio transmission and attacks the base to steal the artifact oh no!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Probably more pirates would appear as long as you have it in your inventory as they try to steal it. I wish the trading guild ships interacted with us more. Maybe they would get close and send us a transmission teeling us if we want to sell it to them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d like to see trade guild expeditions on planets with artifacts on them. Maybe we can encounter them being attacked by pirates and rescue them, and they\'d give us a reward. That\'d be really cool, doing quests for the trade guild. We can get them from stations and expeditionary outposts or mining planets. Maybe we can employ bodyguards from the trade guild, too, or buy directly from them if we find them in space. The Trade Guild should have rarer items than the shops

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think we could get around the suicide problem with prisoners. you could get some kind of handcuff teleporters of something, attune them to some kind of prison beacon, and then when used on unconscious or very badly injured players not in your faction they are teleported to the beacon. when imprisoned (i.e. near a prison beacon) if you suicide then instead of keeping all your items and credits all but 25000 credits and a few randomly selected items are dropped, meaning unless you are very poor it is preferable NOT to suicide. So? What do you think guys?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    anyone else think that having an enhanced AI module would be cool? I\'m talking about blocks btw, not mobs. I mean, you have the current bobby AI modules, but they are only good at turrets. If they are set as a ship then they just shoot off towards the nearest pirates. I think it would be cool if you could have enhanced bodyguard AIs, so like, they\'ll hang around your ship until something shoots at it, then they would shoot at the attacker and chase them until they are out of range of the ship they are guarding and then move back.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that it would be cool if you had some more functional AIs, so like, an AI ship that picked up loot from defeated ships, and an AI that mined asteroids or planets that you told it to mine, or a ship that sends out boarding pods or landing craft onto ships or planets that you assign to it, and a new tab in the menu opens to call back all AIs into crafts that they came from (or send new crafts with nobody in them to go and pick them up) and then launch the crafts and guide them back to the hangars (docking modules) they came from. Also, on the subject of hangars, does anyone else think there should be a block that allows ships into hangar bays without allowing enemy ships to blow the hangar apart (as with open plexdoors) and possibly blast shields controlled by the ship core or a terminal (see my other post).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ever felt annoyed at how you have to walk all the way up a staircase to activate the AI module or walk all the way across your hangar to close the plexdoors? or have you ever felt annoyed that you have had to shoot all the way through a turret just to get the core to overheat? well I have had an idea that you could place down these terminals and then connect them to something using the usual \"C\" and \"V\" and then you could then use the terminal to use whatever it is connected to. also I had the idea that AIs would overheat after the craft that they are controlling is shot X amounts of times and would have to be reactivated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I guess players at 20% health or below fall unconscious (unless they get shot by a stun weapon), and are liable to being captured. Yeah, dying and losing everything sounds like a good way to prevent mass suicide, since they respawn with only the default things. It\'d be ok not to capture guards considering they don\'t have much to lose, whereas a leader would have no reason to suicide since all his money and the items in his inventory will be given to his captors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The AI deal we all had discussed in the posts before, the hanger idea has it\'s own thread, it\'s really cool.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whenever I encounter a large squad of pirates or a pirate base, I like to play this song as I fight, gets me pumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98gIxCe1zo