Personal Defense - Armor, Weapons, Boarding, Robots, and Medicine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    OHHHHH Darth_Ato got BURNED!!!

It was Super Effective

Aemillianus Lopicallo earned 257 credits and 7000000000000000000000000000000000000 EXP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    what I mean by the mini blocks in my former posts was not that each ore (insanium) is instantly better then the others. each ore would add a different stat. eg plexanium could add damage to projectile weapons (guns, grenades and missile launchers) and insanium could add damage to energy weapons. awesomeite could add more charge/ammo per clip to the weapons. also each level of ore would be more effective however maybe could add weight to the weapon and that means that you can move slower/faster.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea, that would actually give us a reason to mine asteroids and planets, of course they would need to be refined. Cause using raw ore doesn\'t work in real life, what if they made new factories where you can put the ores in and turn them into new blocks for the weapons. I know they are used for hulls and other stuff but I don\'t really want to use factories for that reason.

Side Note: Has anyone heard of Galaxy55? I just found out about that game a day ago and it looks a lot like starmade, or starmade looks a LOT like Galaxy55, that game is closed now but I wonder if the reason shema made starmade was to keep the blocky universe alive.

Reaction score
    I dont really like the idea of oxygen, but I do like the other things youve suggested. But... we need Cyborgs. You already have droids, guns, and humans, why not make yourself augmentable? You could increase your health, strength, and speed (who doesnt need speed?).

Trust me. Being a cyborg with bones that contain massive amounts of advanced materials, I love my M-98 Widow.

Reaction score
    The one problem that I have with this post is the insanity of the ideas. Dont get me wrong, these are great ideas that most of them I would like to see in Star made. But being practicule, Most of the ideas would require alot of code. To put all the basics that I would like to have added are:

Personal Weapons: much like the ones in the post, but only 5 types, lazer (standard blaster, breaks all blocks with armor less than 50), microwave (anti-personal, much like a flame thrower, highest damage to players, cannot break blocks), ion (sniper like blaster, long range and high damage. breaks plex glass, can shut down modules that the beam hits ie. weapons computer, missile, turret, billy ai.), plasma ( short range, 10 blocks, heavy damage, movement speed slowed by 60% when used, breaks blocks with armor less than 120 (this means cannot break hardened hull or faction) at 5 blocks away)

I REALLY want to see personal weapons because I have had my ship stolen many, many times and I could only watch as the theif floated to my ship.

Drones: Same as the Billy AI in the op.

Health: right now not a huge problem considering the fact that damage only comes from lava and ships but needs to have a way to regain it. same as the op but you can eat plant life from planets to regain some health.

Movement: Jet packs are a great idea, along with maybe planet/gravity specific vehicules, like tanks, speeders, miners. I draw the line at mechs, definitly power armor is a good idea, but mechs... Idk seems a bit to FMJ

Love the idea about shields. I would also like (as mentioned in my topic) for ships to have an actual explosian when the core overheats, it would be cool to have to hurry and exit the ship.

those where the things i thought mentioning, again, I love ALL the ideas in the op but some seem a bit outrages to be asking for right now, Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As a beggining coder in C# I have realized that the code for all this would just have a lot of Modify this variable then this and an infinite amount of i believe \"public void\" to initialize the code. It\'s probably not overly complicated but its porbably just straight up tedious. And to clarify on the weapon idea do you guys mean like a ship building system, (meaning its similar if not the same), or is it like blacklight where you choose your addons that are pre made, cuz throughout all of this i have gotten really lost on this idea.

If anyone here knows any coding tutorials which speak in normal terms like variables are mailboxes or something like that, then I would be eternally gratefull.

i had a lot of time loling whne i thought i had an dea but to be sure it was not taken re read all the posts, only to descover my rightous blue behind has been beaten to the prize!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We mean it in a ship designer fashion. You can completely design the entire casing of the gun, where you hold it with your hands, where the projectile comes from, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There should be diffrent classifications for the weapon cores (For the personal weapons) that would be weigth and size (Based on the mirco block \'ship\' building of personal weapons)

Size: lenght x heigth x wide

very small: 10x10x3*

Small: 25x15x6*

medium: 40x20x8*

large: 50x25x12*

weight: num of blocks allowed

Very light: 20*

Light: 50*

Medium: 70*

heavy: 100*

very heavy: 150*

*All numbers a place holders and should be changed to balance things out

Cost would work like say, length + weigth meaning that you could have a weapons core that is Large but Very Light and Heavy but Very small, Some of these combos shouldnt be able to be made as it would be redicules, like very heavy but with a very small size!

Then there would be bullet type, there would be kinectic, enegry and explosive wich would deal blunt(kinectic), piercing(enegry) and chock (explosive) these types would be mixable, like kinectic + enegry = gauss like weapon with high piercing and blunt damage,

while kinectic + explosive would = more of a cannon with high explosive Anti Fortification and personal (HEAFP) sort of projectile that would be desimating to bases and unshielded targets

while explosive + enegry = would be more like High damage penetrating (meaning it would be good against sheilds and if it gets left over damage it will proceed into the next block in its trajectory) projectile that would go throught nearly everthing, deals low dammage to personal tho

choice of propelant

This one\'s easy, it would either A: be one charge or B: rocket

A: This would be as morden day cartridges, it would basicly mean that once the projectile is fired it wíll not be able to change direction and could possibly be affected by gravity if fired on a planet, basicly like the AMC otherwise

B: Would have a rocket strapt to its butt the would fly straight but slower and less accurate then a charge less recoil and weight but unalbe to fire pure engery shoots (Enegry + engery(They would have little recoil to start with)) optional: Lockon would be addeble for a extra penny

Blunt stats:

Anti personal= ***

Anti Shield= *

Anti armor= **

Anti block= **

Piercing stats:

Anti personal= **

Anti Shield= ***

Anti armor= ***

Anti block= ***

Chock stats:

Anti personal= ****

Anti Shield= *

Anti armor= *

Anti block= *****

Excusse any spelling errors, im dysletic and auto correct isnt working for this forum.

Reaction score
    DIE FILTHY DYSLETIC PERSON IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol jk. btw your spelling looks fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe armor would have weak spots? For example, if a guy builds a suit of armor but only armors the front, then sneaking around behind him and shooting him in the back would do more damage than shooting from the front, or maybe he has a jetpack which explodes if shot enough times

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Simply if more and/or better blocks would make the armor heavyer, making it harder to move, and it would be able to clog up your view so you have to use weaker plexglass instead.

and +1 for the jetpack