Performance help/advice

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    draw distance/max drawn segments: 20000
    is insane in any way, on those high other settings this 'should' exceed your video memory, resulting in bad-performance or crashes.
    This will allow 5.120.000 blocks to be loaded at once. With multiple textures, light values this will sum up to a gigantic data volume, when near a ship that may fill up those many segments without reaching the limit on 'view distance'.

Set it to 5.000 or 10.000 and check performance,
    increase step by step and watch performance again.

- Andy

Reaction score
    draw distance/max drawn segments: 20000
    is insane in any way, on those high other settings this 'should' exceed your video memory, resulting in bad-performance or crashes.
    This will allow 5.120.000 blocks to be loaded at once. With multiple textures, light values this will sum up to a gigantic data volume, when near a ship that may fill up those many segments without reaching the limit on 'view distance'.

Set it to 5.000 or 10.000 and check performance,
    increase step by step and watch performance again.

- Andy
    I have it maxed and I get the exact same fps with the smallest draw distance in large ships on the lowest graphic settings possible and it still doesn't change a thing.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    GUYS EVERYTHING'S GOOD NOW :D Recently my windows got corrupted for some unknown reason. Anyway, I got it reinstalled and I can now load a planet fully plus my dart super carrier and have 150 fps!!!!!½!

Reaction score
    GUYS EVERYTHING'S GOOD NOW :D Recently my windows got corrupted for some unknown reason. Anyway, I got it reinstalled and I can now load a planet fully plus my dart super carrier and have 150 fps!!!!!½!
    yay :D!