Performance help/advice

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So...my problem is basically performance. I don't run StarMade that bad, but what concerns me is how well I run StarMade in proportion to how good my pc is.

Graphics card: R9 280x
    CPU: fx 6100 3,3 ghz hexacore
    RAM: 8gb ddr3 ram

This stuff runs BF4 on ultra at 60fps.

For example, when I fully load a planet the fps goes from 110 to 40-50. What made me think about this more was when I saw people streaming on twitch whilst loading 3 planets and getting :eek: 60-70 fps.

I use the VBO-Bulk thing at 128 mb.

:(

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    try to lower anti aliasing if you have a big screen

try to enable compression options if you grapics card support it

hope this helps you out ...

Reaction score
    Which operating system are you using? I've heard this was a problem from a mac user, but with Windows I do not get this problem.

Reaction score
    Try other settings for the VBO-Bulk-Mode size. Higher uses more VRAM, but too high and the game attempts to use too much, which is bad for your FPS. Lower uses less VRAM, but too low and it won't use enough, which is also bad for your FPS. You should start with it set to 1, and then increase it until you find the point where you get the best FPS.

Reaction score
    If you have shadows, anti-aliasing, or bloom enabled, that will significantly reduce your framerate. Try messing with the vbo bulk size, turning it way up doesn't always make the game run faster.
    I can get 250-300 fps on a planet using a gtx 560 ti, so I would expect your graphics card to run faster.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Try other settings for the VBO-Bulk-Mode size. Higher uses more VRAM, but too high and the game attempts to use too much, which is bad for your FPS. Lower uses less VRAM, but too low and it won't use enough, which is also bad for your FPS. You should start with it set to 1, and then increase it until you find the point where you get the best FPS.
    ok
    i'll try

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    could my cpu be bottlenecking... six cores seems good enough though

Reaction score
    could my cpu be bottlenecking... six cores seems good enough though
    Go on a server someone is hosting, since this game demands a lot of power from most CPU's. If you are still not getting at least 100 FPS stable when around a planet, something i cant think of is wrong.

Reaction score
    So...my problem is basically performance. I don't run StarMade that bad, but what concerns me is how well I run StarMade in proportion to how good my pc is.

Graphics card: R9 280x
    CPU: fx 6100 3,3 ghz
    RAM: 8gb ddr3 ram

This stuff runs BF4 on ultra at 60fps.

For example, when I fully load a planet the fps goes from 110 to 40-50. What made me think about this more was when I saw people streaming on twitch whilst loading 3 planets and getting :eek: 60-70 fps.

I use the VBO-Bulk thing at 128 mb.

:(
    If this hasn't been suggested already, try updating your graphics/CPU drivers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I use windows 8.1 64 bit
    There's your problem! (joke).
    We've got quite the pickle here don't we? Everything I would've suggested is here, the only other thing would be (if you have multiple graphics cards) to make sure StarMade uses the better one.