OOB Megapolis Competition

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    COMPETITION ENTRY jayman38

The Babel 6 Space station, built in version 0.19522. A central spinning docking drum, where small ships can dock inside. There are docking points on the spires for larger ships. Each of the two cargo sector airlocks have enough room for a very small cargo shuttle. Quick transport between all sectors. The lower area contains a dance club and a cafe. The top area contains two hotels. The cargo areas contain cargo storage and the most rudimentary factory system available. The starboard cargo area contains the shop module. There are no dedicated billboards, per se, but some billboards can quickly be thrown together as needed.

It was difficult to throw even a sub-par station together in the time allotted with a flu, but it wouldn't be a challenge if it weren't challenging.

The sment file is attached. The Community Content entry should become available for download before too long.

Raw Statistics:
    View attachment 20734

Basic Image:
    View attachment 20735

Community Content Link (Pending Approval At the Time of This Posting):
    https://starmadedock.net/content/babel-6-space-station.4012/
    Thank you for your application jayman38. It will be reviewed by the judging members once the other entries have been posted. In the meantime, you are officially granted access to all OOB facilities for refreshments and/or should you need assistance*

*Terms: The OOB will not change it's political stance with you until all the competition entries are in. That means you cannot join the faction or ally the faction until the competition is over. That also means that in the event of a war with your affiliate group, your entry will NOT be judged unfairly, as you will be classified as a civilian.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I am sorry to say that I am withdrawing my self from this competition.

The original goal for the station is its main focus, and that will not be finished for some time.
    I do however wish to invite OOB to check it out once it is released and to hopefully prepare a team for the in game competitions that will be hosted from it.

Reactions: nightrune

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Due to having not yet received most of the applications (we only received 2 so far), the application deadline has been moved to the 17th of January.

Currently officially applied stations:
    • Babel 6 Space Station (entry by jayman38)

• Cargo Escape Station (entry by Kaban)

• Trading Column (entry by Markonius)

• Medved Bank (entry by Lord_Medved)

Last edited:

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Thanks to all participants.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453075103,1453072253][/DOUBLEPOST]
    \\Rewards//
    Faction Member winner: Trading Column by Markonius
    Trading column roughly based on EvE control towers with an addition of three smaller towers in a constantly moving rotation.
    Prize: Block Worth of 10 billion credits. 200,000 power reactor modules. (Block worth prize stored in OOB bank upon request. 200,000 power reactor modules collected on Shattered Skies)

Allies winner: Medved Bank by Lord_Medved
    A 50 level building. First 10 floors bank. Second 10 floors university. Third 10 floors Labratories. Fourth 10 floors Industrial Area. Fifth 10 floors residential.
    Prize: Block worth equivalent to 4 Billion and the ability to request inter-server help from the OOB. 200,000 cannon barrels (Block prizes stored in OOB bank upon request. Winner will have right to request inter-server help from OOB for 365 days (until 17/01/2017))

Neutral winner: Babel 6 Space Station by jayman38

A central spinning docking drum, where small ships can dock inside. There are docking points on the spires for larger ships. Each of the two cargo sector airlocks have enough room for a very small cargo shuttle. Quick transport between all sectors. The lower area contains a dance club and a cafe. The top area contains two hotels. The cargo areas contain cargo storage and the most rudimentary factory system available. The starboard cargo area contains the shop module. There are no dedicated billboards, per se, but some billboards can quickly be thrown together as needed.
    Prize: Block worth equivalent to 5 billion intergalactic credits and alliance offer from the OOB.
    Enemy winner: N/A

Overall Winner: Babel 6 Space Station by jayman38

Congratulations and thanks to all the participants! Babel 6 Space Station will be spawned on SystemHack and server protected at a (as of yet) undecided point of time between 18/01/2016-29/02/2016. Hope to see more builders on SystemHack to enjoy the new space station.
    Jayman38 is also offered honourary member visit allowance to any OOB facility across all colonised universes.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks to all participants.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453075103,1453072253][/DOUBLEPOST]
    \\Rewards//
    Faction Member winner: Trading Column by Markonius
    Trading column roughly based on EvE control towers with an addition of three smaller towers in a constantly moving rotation.
    Prize: Block Worth of 10 billion credits. 200,000 power reactor modules. (Block worth prize stored in OOB bank upon request. 200,000 power reactor modules collected on Shattered Skies)

Allies winner: Medved Bank by Lord_Medved
    A 50 level building. First 10 floors bank. Second 10 floors university. Third 10 floors Labratories. Fourth 10 floors Industrial Area. Fifth 10 floors residential.
    Prize: Block worth equivalent to 4 Billion and the ability to request inter-server help from the OOB. 200,000 cannon barrels (Block prizes stored in OOB bank upon request. Winner will have right to request inter-server help from OOB for 365 days (until 17/01/2017))

Neutral winner: Babel 6 Space Station by jayman38

A central spinning docking drum, where small ships can dock inside. There are docking points on the spires for larger ships. Each of the two cargo sector airlocks have enough room for a very small cargo shuttle. Quick transport between all sectors. The lower area contains a dance club and a cafe. The top area contains two hotels. The cargo areas contain cargo storage and the most rudimentary factory system available. The starboard cargo area contains the shop module. There are no dedicated billboards, per se, but some billboards can quickly be thrown together as needed.
    Prize: Block worth equivalent to 5 billion intergalactic credits and alliance offer from the OOB.
    Enemy winner: N/A

Overall Winner: Babel 6 Space Station by jayman38

Congratulations and thanks to all the participants! Babel 6 Space Station will be spawned on SystemHack and server protected at a (as of yet) undecided point of time between 18/01/2016-29/02/2016. Hope to see more builders on SystemHack to enjoy the new space station.
    Jayman38 is also offered honourary member visit allowance to any OOB facility across all colonised universes.
    Awesome! Thank you!

I was trying to create an updated version by the deadline, but my ambition far outstripped my free time.

My hope is that everyone will have fun together on the station.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Awesome! Thank you!

I was trying to create an updated version by the deadline, but my ambition far outstripped my free time.

My hope is that everyone will have fun together on the station.
    When will your updated version be complete? Might be worth spawning that in, if you manage to complete it by February.

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When will your updated version be complete? Might be worth spawning that in, if you manage to complete it by February.
    This weekend will really be the defining point on whether a new version can be finished by February. I'll update after the weekend, to let you know if I can make it.

Edit:
    Sorry to say there is just too much work remaining for version 2 to be available in time for February. I hope everyone will have fun with the version they have now.

Last edited:

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    By special request, overtime was paid and a rough version 2 has been made available in time for February. Hopefully, the addition of a new habitation module will increase the fun factor of this station a little further.

Unfortunately, version 2 originally promised 50% more internal space, but budgetary concerns and mechanical failures resulted in only approximately 15% additional space, as only one new module was added instead of the originally-planned 4.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have read OOP Megapolis Competition
    Too much programming for today...