Offline Ship Editor

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When you run the tool there is scrolling pleading text on the bottom of the screen. To the right of that shoudl be an \"Audiobook\" button and an \"E-book\" button. I would be totally delighted if you went to either of those and downloaded what I\'ve done. The audio book is totally free, the first 20% of the e-book is free. You don\'t have to read it. Clocking up the downloads is payment enough for me.

If you feel like doing more, my daughter would be delighted if you bought either of them. There is a Donate button on the audio page where you can donate an arbitrary amount. The E-book costs a fixed $0.99. All proceedes go towards buying my daughter the Lego Minecraft set. :) When I\'ve made the $40 for the kit I will \"graduate\" the software, remove the begging, and stop bothering people here with self-promotion!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Never mind about the problem with the damaged wedges, there must have been a problem with my blueprint; everything else had no issues with smoothing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Another update. There is now a mod to generate hulls. You pick a shape, you pick a volume, and, optionally, a center point. It makes a hull for you to fill in. Other than Open Frame (pictured below) they are solid. So you may need to use the Hollow mod to make some space in it.

I\'ve got another mod in the works to let you fill in a hull with X% thrusters, Y% power, etc. The idea is you can generate a hull/import shape, hollow it out, and then auto-fill to get the basics of a ship. Then tailor it in the game. Unfortunately I forgot to check in my code at work during lunchtime. So I won\'t get back to the fill mod till Monday. :-( But try this out for now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We\'re working on consolidating a web page on the GIT site. You probably missed the instruction to download JoFileMods.jar and put it in a jo_plugins directory under your starmade directory.

The mods for this are \"drop in and use\", and will be compatible with the mods we\'re desiging for StarMade itself. Once we crack their stupid obfustication.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    While building my ship i accidently mirrored the front of my vessel. So i deleted the \"2nd front\". After nearly finishing i got in flight mode an guess what... Yes! Build the damn ship in wrong direction. so tail is where head should be...

I was really frustrated so i searched around and found your amazing work!

After playing around and finally got everything to work i tried to rotate my ship around Y for 180° and it worked. But now all my wedges are facing wrong direction. Im not sure if u wrote a solution in this thread, but i couldnt find it!

So maybe you can help out!!??!!? ... pls! .... :)

Thanks for your work so far!

ps.: is there no way to really turn the core? sounds easier to turn one block than all the rest...!?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This program sure save my bacon today, was a good portion in a somewhat sizeable build when I realized I was building it backwards

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, wedges wouldn\'t rotate. I hadn\'t thought about that. Shouldn\'t be too hard to fix. I\'m glad it helped you when you needed it. I\'ll see if I can update that during lunch today.

And, for rotation... The StarMade code has the core hard-wired to 8,8,8 and forward hard-wired to +Z. So there really isn\'t a choice other than rotating everything else. Kind of dumb. But they keep their code obfusticated so I can\'t even suggest a fix to them. Rant, rant, froth, rave...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sounds great! This would be amazing! Thank you Sir for spending your time! Whish you a pleasent lunch!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    OK. It should do a better job at rotating wedges. I don\'t promise it\'s 100% perfect. I\'ve got some visual display bugs I must fix that may be confusing things. Try it out and let me know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Problem still occurs... I built a ship with a lot of wedges and when i rotate it round Y for 180° my wedges all look in another direction... Looks really confusing cause they dont reset and look all in the same direction but like they turn around 180° and facing away from the direction they should. I hope my english isnt as bad as i think and u understand this...?!

The others (X, Z) seem working fine but just if u built a ship and front is back then this happens...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1) Did you remember to update your JoFileMods.jar file?

2) Can you link or point to your ship file? I can try it out as a test case.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1) Im stupid but at least i just tried this one out before i read your post and have one question. Is it still the file from 2nd thread page??

2) How could i? can i upload it somewhere?

I tried it with a small ship and now i can see a bit more what it does... It rotates every block seperate for 180°.. Interesting! And how can i rotate the whole ship around my core 180° so that my tail is my nose...!..?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We really need a setup page. :)

1. So put this file in your starmade directory.
    2. And put this file in a jo_plugins subdirectory in your starmade directory.
    3. Click sm_jo.jar from a file viewer or do java -jar sm_jo.jar from the command line.

The rotate function should, indeed, rotate the ship around the core. Try it out on the Isanth-VI ship.

As for posting me a copy of your ship, they don\'t appear to do attachments on this forum. If you have somewhere to host, that\'s fine. Otherwise, if it\'s small enough, sent me an e-mail at [email protected]

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I\'ve got the latest two files and I can\'t find that hull menu anywhere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Isanth-VI is working exact the way it should and now i see that the ship is really moving 180°...

Anyway u got mail ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It should be right under the menu. Note: you have to have a ship loaded first. I haven\'t done a File -> New yet. So if you open up any old blueprint, you should get it under the Modify menu. You can then create a hull, and use File -> Save As to save it as a different name.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have corners implemented now. I had to change my whole rendering layer. But it can read corners, and also uses them for smoothing and rotates them correctly. Fixed some other rotation bugs. (Not sure Loodrogh\'s ships works yet. It appears different from any other I\'ve seen.)

I started working on Glass. Making sure it would smooth and rotate right. I\'m not sure it\'s all there yet.

I\'m on a family vacation from tomorrow onwards through (US) Labor Day. I\'m not sure how connected I\'ll be. But post bugs and stuff anyway and I\'ll read.

Oh, gratutious plug: my novel is out for Kindle now too. Unfortunately for $2.99. Amazon, in their infinate wisdom, won\'t let me charge $0.99 for it. Go figure.