Official Fleets Build Contest

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Here are my three fleet submissions. I included my own thoughts behind each design to give an idea of what function each of the fleets was intended to serve. As usual, my submissions are intended as a balance between RP interiors and somewhat playable/combative systems, with some having no combat function whatsoever.
    Jerry_Brinefield's_Fleet_Submission_1
    Based out of the massive space station and interplanetary travel hub "Terra-Core", the Solar Defense force is an original RP based series of ships that I deisgned. All ships (that are large enough) feature fully designed interiors, as well as defense systems. This was more geared towards usability and RP than combat so these ships are more likely to be fun to explore around than pack a punch.

The larger ship and station are not part of the submission, however I used them as a backdrop, as they were designed simultaneously, and made for a pretty sweet background for the fleet.

Jerry_Brinefield's_Fleet_Submission_2

(Please ignore the Hammerhead Cruiser in the background ;) )

These ships are rumored to be from an unheard of civilization from a far off galaxy, that have traveled trilllions of light years on primitive sub-light engines. It is unknown who these ancient travelers are, or even whether they are still alive...

These ships are completely unarmed, however feature interiors, spinning components, useless solar panels, and shields.

Jerry_Brinefield's_Fleet_Submission_3
    The Celestia Corp Star-Liner company is a sister company of the Solar Defense force, designed as a way to apply military technologies to improve civilian travel across the stars.

Featuring high class dining..

Bars...

And First class and economy seating at a discounted rate for species with less than 3 tentacles!

The general idea, is that if these 2 ships are voted to be continued to the next step, I will go ahead and paint them so that they can appear to be of different starliner companies, similar to how airplanes appear. These are mostly blank on the outside for later hull work.

As a note, I will be attending my first year at a service academy in less than a week, so I will be completely cut off from technology for 2 months as part of basic training. Should any of the ships I built be voted for implementation, I will have a couple of additional ships that I build as well as any other material uploaded and easily accessible. Good luck to everyone, and fantastic work to all the contributors.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Achriel Fleet Submission #1

Let's face it.. that's more than 5 ships but 3 are variations on the same basic fighter design (so keep your favorite and kill the spares). Included in this collection are:

• Wedge-Sphere-27 - A shield damaging beasty with an all-assault drone. the Wedge can fighter remaining radar jammed and fast. The Drone is all damage and dropped once shields are down.
    • Shuttle - UDP shuttle for moving personnel. Jump drive and little else.
    • Courier - Scout vessel with Jump, Jamming, Salvage and some cargo but meant as a solo exploration vessel.
    • Harvester-Squid - Mining and Cargo vessel which excels as ripping asteroids into usable materials very quickly (logic salvager might not work well with AI)
    • Bomber - Long range and sneaky. you might not see this before it gets you.
    • Fighters - Light (cheap, fast and disposable) / Heavy (armored and tough) / Missile (long range and deadly)
    There are others in this series and a few stations. The fighters all have the same hull configuration because the carriers and other ships use a standardized launch tube to launch fighters, different carriers have different roles (thus different configurations of ships that appear similar)

Reaction score
    Hello there!

I finally finished my Fleet for the Contest after some hard work. I started a bit late because i didn't knew from the Contest until last Week, but i feel happy i finished 4 Ships in this time. While this was a short time to build i still concentrated on giving my Fleet a high amount of quality and designed them as you suggested.

Here is my Fleet:

-DMI- Mining Fleet (for Fleet Build Contest)

--------------------------
    And here an Image for a First Overview:

i hope you enjoy my Fleet and i really wanna thank you for the fun i have with the game and with this Contest!

Bye,

Dave

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    2.5 hours left. Additionally, the thread will be locked afterword.

Status
    Not open for further replies.