NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I neeeeeed that ship. The blue one.

More importantly, I need to know how you did those flanks. Oh gawd, I need to know.
    PM me for tips and get whitelisted on NFD build server, im on there all the time, I'm assuming you meant my ship with "the blue one"?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    PM me for tips and get whitelisted on NFD build server, im on there all the time, I'm assuming you meant my ship with "the blue one"?
    I am already on build server, but I have a lot of shit do to today, speech and exam. Maybe tomorrow evening? Might try adapting Kol Capital ship to look like that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    AFAIK those are all NuclearFuns designs and are available for DL form Community content.

Bottom ship is the Manticore: http://starmadedock.net/content/manticore-heavy-destroyer.837/
    Big middle ship is the Nidhoggr: http://starmadedock.net/content/nidhoggr-battleship.3428/
    Top left ship is the Sleipnir: http://starmadedock.net/content/sleipnir.2907/
    Top right ship is the Fox light fighter: http://starmadedock.net/content/fox-light-fighter.2812/

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Niiiice. There aren't enough tall ships, glad to see that one is coming along nicely.

Reaction score
    Having a problem. Asking here before I post a bug report since I've only noticing it happening with your ships, although I expect that has more to do with I tend to spend more time using your ships than other peoples than any flaw in your own ships.

Anywho....issue is that the reactors...just...stop...working. I'm not talking about design-related power issues, I'm saying the ship all of a sudden drains all power and will not refill. I admin warp to another sector and they start working again. Kinda hard to believe I'm the only person having this issue.

Really been having a blast (literally) with the Sleipnir by the way :D
    Amazed as always how you can take the basic doombrick shape and make it into a deadly piece of art, with a full RP interior and all the bells and whistles to boot.

Reaction score
    Having a problem. Asking here before I post a bug report since I've only noticing it happening with your ships, although I expect that has more to do with I tend to spend more time using your ships than other peoples than any flaw in your own ships.

Anywho....issue is that the reactors...just...stop...working. I'm not talking about design-related power issues, I'm saying the ship all of a sudden drains all power and will not refill. I admin warp to another sector and they start working again. Kinda hard to believe I'm the only person having this issue.

Really been having a blast (literally) with the Sleipnir by the way :D
    Amazed as always how you can take the basic doombrick shape and make it into a deadly piece of art, with a full RP interior and all the bells and whistles to boot.
    Does that happen with a specific ship? (one with external reactors?)
    There were a few issues with my old designs after an update with turrets draining the ship...
    Please tell me as much as you can!

Reaction score
    Does that happen with a specific ship? (one with external reactors?)
    There were a few issues with my old designs after an update with turrets draining the ship...
    Please tell me as much as you can!
    Sleipnir is what I've been using the most lately. Manti still some as well (it's too big but it's like that first love...), which I'm not sure how up to date it is, your latest uploads I believe, will verify and get you more details when I get home.

Reaction score
    The Sleipnir on the Dock still has turrets that can overdo the power of the main ship (there was a patch where dps but also power need doubled per weapon block), they all need readjustment. The Manticore should do fine (a lot of dps was lost due to this though)

Reaction score
    The Sleipnir on the Dock still has turrets that can overdo the power of the main ship (there was a patch where dps but also power need doubled per weapon block), they all need readjustment. The Manticore should do fine (a lot of dps was lost due to this though)
    I did notice that (was gonna ask actually cause I thought the Sleipnir was newer than that patch and undersized reactor is not your style...), and that was what I wanted to blame it on at first but the turrets can stop firing, I can stop moving, stop firing and the power will not recover. I can just admin warp to another sector and warp right back and the ship is fine for a little while. I'm thinking it's an actual bug.

Ship versions I'm using:
    Sleipnir Light Cruiser A1R3
    Manticore Destroyer A6R5 - I believe it's the newest one since you made like 3 updates without incrementing revision number slacker :p

Yeah, just realized the Sleipnir is like the oldest of your post-rail ships...it's one of your newer ships to me (since I haven't been around for a few months) so I somehow missed that detail. I'll go blow some shit up with the Manti and see if it behaves.

Actually the more I think about it, yeah being as lock-on missiles have a long recharge cycle coupled with how turret heavy your ships are, I can see how they could overpower the reactor for a long time, especially with shields recharging. When I first came back I was like WTF when I couldn't fire weapons on my own ships, and I'm so anal I have a spreadsheet open when I build. The fact that I am jumping away breaks all target acquisition so gives the reactor a chance to breathe.

Last edited: