NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    I did notice that (was gonna ask actually cause I thought the Sleipnir was newer than that patch and undersized reactor is not your style...), and that was what I wanted to blame it on at first but the turrets can stop firing, I can stop moving, stop firing and the power will not recover. I can just admin warp to another sector and warp right back and the ship is fine for a little while. I'm thinking it's an actual bug.

Ship versions I'm using:
    Sleipnir Light Cruiser A1R3
    Manticore Destroyer A6R5 - I believe it's the newest one since you made like 3 updates without incrementing revision number slacker :p

Yeah, just realized the Sleipnir is like the oldest of your post-rail ships...it's one of your newer ships to me (since I haven't been around for a few months) so I somehow missed that detail. I'll go blow some shit up with the Manti and see if it behaves.

Actually the more I think about it, yeah being as lock-on missiles have a long recharge cycle coupled with how turret heavy your ships are, I can see how they could overpower the reactor for a long time, especially with shields recharging. When I first came back I was like WTF when I couldn't fire weapons on my own ships, and I'm so anal I have a spreadsheet open when I build. The fact that I am jumping away breaks all target acquisition so gives the reactor a chance to breathe.
    There is a (old) bug where AI turrets (probably the missile turrets) try to get power from the main ship, due to zero power the power regen stops working and then you get exactly what you are describing. I guess this could be the problem?

The revision numbers are the same as in my internal database, so there has always been a new number if i change even a small detail :p

Reaction score
    There is a (old) bug where AI turrets (probably the missile turrets) try to get power from the main ship, due to zero power the power regen stops working and then you get exactly what you are describing. I guess this could be the problem?

The revision numbers are the same as in my internal database, so there has always been a new number if i change even a small detail :p
    Yeah, that is what I'm thinking. Ok so it is an old bug. My memory gets a little blurry sometimes, but I seemed to remember this happening back in the day too. I see it a lot when I spawn in ships and set them to AI against each other, and I go do my thing and come back later and they tend to be sitting there out of power, but I always thought it was just sloppy design (and most of the time it is). I think the only time I've seen it in your ships is when they haven't been updated for a relevant patch, which would be the Sleipnir's issue. So this bug was never addresssed?

Search shows multiple A6R5...but I guess that could be a forum search glitch. Probably is. I was only teasing you cause I know you are pretty meticulous about that.

Reaction score
    Yeah, that is what I'm thinking. Ok so it is an old bug. My memory gets a little blurry sometimes, but I seemed to remember this happening back in the day too. I see it a lot when I spawn in ships and set them to AI against each other, and I go do my thing and come back later and they tend to be sitting there out of power, but I always thought it was just sloppy design (and most of the time it is). I think the only time I've seen it in your ships is when they haven't been updated for a relevant patch, which would be the Sleipnir's issue. So this bug was never addresssed?

Search shows multiple A6R5...but I guess that could be a forum search glitch. Probably is. I was only teasing you cause I know you are pretty meticulous about that.
    I just took a look at the sleipnir, as she needs some update with her docking systems and some other small things she will get an update very soon (tomorrow maybe) :)

Reaction score
    I just took a look at the sleipnir, as she needs some update with her docking systems and some other small things she will get an update very soon (tomorrow maybe) :)
    Awesome! I'll be more than happy to test it out :D
    If I ever get off the forums tonight, I'll do a bit more testing, but I think that mystery is solved.

Reaction score
    As promised: a small rework of the Sleipnir:

very little stat changes, a few fixes for the docking port, turret tweaks and new missile turrets.

the new missile turrets are way smaller and are power stable but with less fire power.

i tried a few different designs though :)

in the background (between the 2 deimos') there is one of my many "tried but nope" builds, recently i struggled with new builds.

Reaction score
    As promised: a small rework of the Sleipnir
    Thank you sir! <rushes off to CC page>

Took the shuttle out and can't get it to dock again, doesn't matter if the arm is in or out. Very wierd. Finally got it sorted. So not going through a door, left-click or right-click it doesn't matter what you use to dock (so the external docking clamp worked). Going through doors it seems only r-click works. I think the old version the docking arm stuck out 1 block past the blast doors, which you changed.

Finished the spawn-in ritual of making turrets Bobby turret and appropriate settings. Front plex door from crew quarters is working (forgot to mention that was broken, glad you knew). Annnnnd...we're ready to go light shit up.

And she is behaving very well now! Swarmers will run her out of power, but I expect that is by design and it's intended you either use the 4 lock-ons OR the 2 swarmers but not all at the same time.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The "reactor shutdown bug" has stopped but it's still not power stable. It is pretty easy to run it dry if you are moving.
    I still have my A1R3 around and the main weapons are still the same size, probably need to cut them in half :(

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    *Downloads Sleipnir*

Notices surprising shuttle.

Reaction score
    *Downloads Sleipnir*

Yes, amazing similarity. NF has been using more or less that basic shuttle design for a long time though. The Manticore, Hyperion, Prometheus, probably any of his ships that have hangars (which is most of them)...think they all carry it, and for as long as I can remember.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yes, amazing similarity. NF has been using more or less that basic shuttle design for a long time though. The Manticore, Hyperion, Prometheus, probably any of his ships that have hangars (which is most of them)...think they all carry it, and for as long as I can remember.
    The reason I assume is that the original shuttle was docked to the original Vector and he apparently kept the shuttle the entire time refining it at the same time I was the one on the Vector resulting in two different shuttles with different roles.

Reaction score
    The reason I assume is that the original shuttle was docked to the original Vector and he apparently kept the shuttle the entire time refining it at the same time I was the one on the Vector resulting in two different shuttles with different roles.
    So they're 2nd cousins 6 times removed or something like that...god how old is this game...it's developing history. Kinda cool, we need a galactic archive keeper or some shit like that.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So they're 2nd cousins 6 times removed or something like that...god how old is this game...it's developing history. Kinda cool, we need a galactic archive keeper or some shit like that.
    3 years old. Most people here are from arou d the yog swarm, over 2 years ago.

There is a community run factions history, but if you want to see all the old shit, the archive here or http://oldsite.star-made.org is your best bet

Reaction score
    *Downloads Sleipnir*

Here is the original (from over 2 years ago) :)
    The right version is a rebuild that is not quite as old and got a lot of updates over the time (it runs as >Shift A5< right now)

The "reactor shutdown bug" has stopped but it's still not power stable. It is pretty easy to run it dry if you are moving.
    I still have my A1R3 around and the main weapons are still the same size, probably need to cut them in half :(
    It is still only a light cruiser and cutting down the main weapons would be a cut too deep in my view.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Pretty sure you only need 1 mass enhancer per 5 mass over 50 your heaviest turret is. Which seems to be the AMC turrets at 133ish so the ship needs 17 not nearly 800. The ones used for deco in the hangar are more than enough. The turret bases don't need them either, since they will use the ships enhancers.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pretty sure you only need 1 mass enhancer per 5 mass over 50 your heaviest turret is. Which seems to be the AMC turrets at 133ish so the ship needs 17 not nearly 800. The ones used for deco in the hangar are more than enough. The turret bases don't need them either, since they will use the ships enhancers.
    Yep the maths is simple. Just take 50 from the total mass of the entity, divide by 5, and thats the amount of mass enhancer modules you need. Also to find out the power needed per second you just times the number of mass enhancers by 25.

Reaction score
    AFAIK the turret base need enhancers. When i built the Sleipnir the numbers where not fixed and way lower, and they really look good... so...

A docked reactor then?
    As it is she can move or shoot but not do both at the same time.
    You either get sustained firepower or higher burst, for a small ship like this i would prefer the burst.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I can't wait to see the amazing things you can create with the new resources available.

Reaction score
    Hellllloooooooo? Anybody home?
    Now I worry because of https://starmadedock.net/threads/what-happened-to-the-good-ships.22392/#post-254721
    I been in SE lately, I drift back and forth between games, but I come back after a patch and my favorite builder isn't updating.
    Get to work you slacker!

Hope you're on a long holiday enjoying yourself drunk on a beach somewhere or something.
    I for one think you design " good ships"!