Nova Fleet Dynamics - Building a better future today! (Nest of Orion faction)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Is the NFD still recruiting? If so here's my application. The important stuff is highlighted, the rest is just detail.

IGN- GenericFleetCommander

Desired Role- Captain
    I chose captain because I generally like flying around and exploring the cosmos like in Faster Than Light., and if I see a first day player getting spawn camped, a little help goes a long way to improving the experience of new players.

Why you chose us- You guys sound like a respectable bunch with good values that I would like to be a part of.

Other factions- I have been freelance for my 3 years of starmade, I have never joined a "real" faction besides joke ones me and my friends made in the early days of starmade. (I have been playing for 3 years, but I had to make a different account because I forget the name for the last one.)

Timezone- Central Daylight Time Zone

What is your favorite style when shipbuilding?

I basically build 2 styles of ships the most.

1. War ships that lack in offence but could take a nuke to the side and shake it off like it was a bee sting. They're never very pretty, but are they effective? You better believe it. These ships range in size from Gun Boats to full on Bismark scale.

2. Star Trek style explorer ships that seem to have a tool for anything and every situation. Even docks for damaged players who need a lift. Basically a jack of all trades that fits the bill for most jobs. They are generally quite large to accommodate all the tech and docking spaces they need.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Is the NFD still recruiting? If so here's my application. The important stuff is highlighted, the rest is just detail.

IGN- GenericFleetCommander

Desired Role- Captain
    I chose captain because I generally like flying around and exploring the cosmos like in Faster Than Light., and if I see a first day player getting spawn camped, a little help goes a long way to improving the experience of new players.

Why you chose us- You guys sound like a respectable bunch with good values that I would like to be a part of.

Other factions- I have been freelance for my 3 years of starmade, I have never joined a "real" faction besides joke ones me and my friends made in the early days of starmade. (I have been playing for 3 years, but I had to make a different account because I forget the name for the last one.)

Timezone- Central Daylight Time Zone

What is your favorite style when shipbuilding?

I basically build 2 styles of ships the most.

1. War ships that lack in offence but could take a nuke to the side and shake it off like it was a bee sting. They're never very pretty, but are they effective? You better believe it. These ships range in size from Gun Boats to full on Bismark scale.

2. Star Trek style explorer ships that seem to have a tool for anything and every situation. Even docks for damaged players who need a lift. Basically a jack of all trades that fits the bill for most jobs. They are generally quite large to accommodate all the tech and docking spaces they need.
    Application declined.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    New raid-oriented ships are under construction under the new NFD Frontal Command. These vessels are designed to work behind enemy lines, causing mayhem throughout enemy supply chains and fleet concentrations. Not necessarily designed to kill, they are designed to deliver quick, powerful strikes intended to maim and disable targets before larger warships move in to finish the job. First up is the new NFD Rockhopper variant, redesignated as the NFD Solace class raid frigate. (RFG-101B)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    New raid-oriented ships are under construction under the new NFD Frontal Command. These vessels are designed to work behind enemy lines, causing mayhem throughout enemy supply chains and fleet concentrations. Not necessarily designed to kill, they are designed to deliver quick, powerful strikes intended to maim and disable targets before larger warships move in to finish the job. First up is the new NFD Rockhopper variant, redesignated as the NFD Solace class raid frigate. (RFG-101B)

when do we get the updated rockhopper?

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Actually, we usually release them or set them to public within a week or so of us finishing them so we have time to test the ships and make sure all the kinks are worked out.

Reactions: aceface

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Actually, we usually release them or set them to public within a week or so of us finishing them so we have time to test the ships and make sure all the kinks are worked out.
    Ah, my mistake.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    meanwhile in NFD command...

"What do you mean we forgot to post about the attack?" "You forgot to post about the attack, commander." "Which attack?" "The one with that gigantic CS outpost." "Wha-....oh right. Thanks."

So basically we took over and blew up everything docked to this station we found laying out in the middle of nowhere controlling an enemy territory with ~3-4 500k block ships and ~7 other smaller ones docked to it plus some miners. It was heavily defended, so we used a stealther to nuke the unshielded turrets' AI comps before coming in with a warship and leveling what remained. We also boarded and conquered the station after disabling the internal AP turrets scattered throughout. In the process, we raided the factories and gained a few billion ores and capsules, as well as a few hundred thousand hull, weapons, and system blocks.

Forgot to take a whole lot of pictures, but that's what it looked like.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You also forgot to mention that due to a server config issue faction points are 30x more expensive the more you are away from the galaxy center and thus CS's homebase was unprotected when it should have been. That homebase is going to be respawned when an admin can get ahold of the leader of CS.

Good job, But atleast you got a nice score right?

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You also forgot to mention that due to a server config issue faction points are 30x more expensive the more you are away from the galaxy center and thus CS's homebase was unprotected when it should have been. That homebase is going to be respawned when an admin can get ahold of the leader of CS.

Good job, But atleast you got a nice score right?
    Isn't that vanilla config standards? Things are definitely supposed to get more expensive the further you are from spawn. I thought they just ran out of FP because none of them had been online in forever.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Isn't that vanilla config standards? Things are definitely supposed to get more expensive the further you are from spawn. I thought they just ran out of FP because none of them had been online in forever.
    They ran out due to an issue I can't quite talk about here, Its being looked into I assure you it wasn't activity. Only 1 member should be required to keep up the homebase.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    NEWS!...sorta.

So basically we're working on a new Munich and finishing up the Armstrong as well as making a few new ships.

We also took a look at SS but decided against building up another presence there.