Read by Council Not Exactly NEW: Radar Jamming and Cloaking rework Suggestion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    One of the most numerous suggestions is a rework or overhaul of the cloaking and radar jamming systems. Many would like the power requirements reduced. I believe the primary reason for this is mostly to make cloaking and jamming more feasible for smaller ships. As it is now Larger ships can use more efficient power reactors and the sharing of power between rails allows for even Larger ships to maintain efficient power systems. More Efficient power systems means higher energy recharge to block ratio which is essential for meeting the 100 - 150 e/sec/block requirements of clocking or cloaking and jamming together.

My suggestion which may not necessarily be a new one (as I have not read all previous posts on the subject) is to make the power consumption of the cloaking and radar jamming systems increase per block proportional to mass. This could allow for cloaking and jamming of a smaller ship require maybe only 10-50 e/sec/block (these are hypothetical numbers only) and as the mass of a ship increases the per block requirements increase so a ship with of 1m blocks might require 1000-1500 e/sec/block or even more (again hypothetical numbers only) making cloaking for a large ship less realistic than cloaking a shuttle or smaller ship. I think this maintains the reality of the cloaking and radar jamming principles better than the current system.

Another option to consider in tandem with this system or alone is the addition of Radar reducing Hull and Visual Distortion Hull blocks (or some combined form) which could functionally not be included in the e/sec cost of Radar jamming or Cloaking or Both so that players could add an aesthetic hull to stealth ships. I would suggest that these "Hull" blocks not add "armor" the same way as other hull blocks would.

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you would just count mass for cloak/jam, Light Hull would not be punished as much as strong/heavy hull.

If you count energy consuming blocks, more armour blocks need more thrusters which pushes the power-requirements for cloak.