Next major update speculation thread! (0.174/175/whatever)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Asteroid spawning needs to scale with sectors. If I have the same number of asteroids spawn in a 10km sector as a 1km sector it just looks weird.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    We have a confirmation for something in the next release :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Asteroid spawning needs to scale with sectors. If I have the same number of asteroids spawn in a 10km sector as a 1km sector it just looks weird.
    I had a suggestion once in which I wanted an option for asteroid spawning. Calbiri replied:
    Actually, this is a good suggestion, something i hadnt even considered yet (since the custom sector size is relatively new) there is already a setting for planets, a similar one for the asteroid feilds is just logical, count/size and frequency settings, thanks for the input :D
    The thread: http://starmadedock.net/threads/make-asteroids-scale-with-sector-size.2406/

therimmer96

Reaction score
    kupu was showing off the new texture for the capsule refinery. hopefully theres more than just new textures in the next update
    that's not what that's about, the extra texture sheet will be a completely empty one that allows us to have custom decoration/hull blocks with custom textures, we used to have one but Kupu ran out of room on the 1st sheet and started using the mod one :(

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    wish list addendum
    • basic, standard, and advanced factories and factory enhancers look different.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Everyone is talking about new stuff but uhm, maybe another wave of bug fixes is what we need? There are plenty of bugs that are annoying, breaking some features, messing with the balance,...

Adding content is good but sometimes you have to make sure everything works before continuing on. Yes, schema fixes stuff along the way but atm the amount of bugs produced > bugs fixed. I'm thinking he'll do a few days of bug fixing again to bring it down to an acceptable level like he did before.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Everyone is talking about new stuff but uhm, maybe another wave of bug fixes is what we need? There are plenty of bugs that are annoying, breaking some features, messing with the balance,...

Adding content is good but sometimes you have to make sure everything works before continuing on. Yes, schema fixes stuff along the way but atm the amount of bugs produced > bugs fixed. I'm thinking he'll do a few days of bug fixing again to bring it down to an acceptable level like he did before.
    Heavy bug fixing is mainly a beta thing, where features are balanced and bugs are fixed with a little thing here and there, while alpha is for large amounts of the main content to be added. Could occasional bug fixes be nice? Yes. Are they the main goal at this stage? No.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Heavy bug fixing is mainly a beta thing, where features are balanced and bugs are fixed with a little thing here and there, while alpha is for large amounts of the main content to be added. Could occasional bug fixes be nice? Yes. Are they the main goal at this stage? No.
    It would probably help if this is a standard alpha game. It's not, there is already a large number of players on servers who play this game addictivly, operating servers at this point is incredibly difficult because of bugs such as waiting for pong. A nice bug fix only update that just sorta cleans up after the wave of features we just had and patching things that are ruining performance of servers would be greatly appreciated :)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    That would be the case for a game company that has multiple coders, testers, artists, ...
    Their betas are used to find the more unusual bugs that are hard to find with a small team.

Although Schine is fantastic they only have 1 real coder. Bigger sized game companies add content as they go and have a dedicated team that constantly tests stuff out and then fix them. Here this is not possible.

"Could occasional bug fixes be nice?" There are many game breaking bugs and occasional fixing one is not enough. Visit the bug tracker and tell me at least 80% of those bugs can be regarded as trivial, you can't.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    another wish list addendum
    • space station blueprints
    Already ingame, but don't show up in the (ingame) catalog.
    Can be made using the "/save <blueprintname>" command and spawned using the /spawn_entity or /load commands.
    This might interest you too.

Reaction score
    Still kind of hoping for farming and alien lifeforms myself. But anything involving universe generation is good.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Off topic reply: @Ultraviolet Dugong , why does your dugong look like ET? You know, witht he long neck, the oddly shaped head... Yes, it totally is ET who turned into a dugong!

Edit: Looked at it again, still convinced it is a aquatic ET :p

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Off topic reply: @Ultraviolet Dugong , why does your dugong look like ET? You know, witht he long neck, the oddly shaped head... Yes, it totally is ET who turned into a dugong!

Edit: Looked at it again, still convinced it is a aquatic ET :p
    If you miss the eyes of the dugong, I agree, but once you have located them you can hardly see ET in the image anymore.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you miss the eyes of the dugong, I agree, but once you have located them you can hardly see ET in the image anymore.
    Yeah, when I enlarged it couldn't see his eyes. But maybe the aquatic ET had plastic surgery :p

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

From Kupu's thread.
    Yay! Awesome design is awesome. It would be kinda cool if that capsule slot could display a capsule overlay based on what type of capsule there is the most of... Right now, block functions don't have any related visuals at all, and I want to see that change.

Reactions: JimmyJamba