Make asteroids scale with sector size

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    No, I'm not suggesting more dense asteroid fields, just that if you make the sector size 8 times as big (sector size 1000 increased to 2000), that there will be 8 times as much asteroids scattered across a sector in which asteroids spawn.

This was suggested in a different thread. I always thought that there were too little asteroids in bigger sector sizes, which is on of the reasons why i don't make my sector that big (well, that and traveling takes too long). If the amount of asteroids was to scale with the sector size, sector sizes of 4000 would no longer be to empty, and as long as you doubled your maximum speed, you should be fine ;)
    Server speed limit would have to be at least 150 for you not to have to travel too long. And with overdrive it will really not be a problem anymore.
    But if there would be warp drive and this would be implemented, I would without a doubt increase my sector size to 10 000.

Note: it doesn't have to scale 1:1. I just want more asteroids in bigger sector sizes so the long journeys are less tedious.
    Edit: And so mining is just that bit easier in bigger sector sizes :)

Reactions: Bench
    Reaction score
    No, I'm not suggesting more dense asteroid fields, just that if you make the sector size 8 times as big (sector size 1000 increased to 2000), that there will be 8 times as much asteroids scattered across a sector in which asteroids spawn.

This was suggested in a different thread. I always thought that there were too little asteroids in bigger sector sizes, which is on of the reasons why i don't make my sector that big (well, that and traveling takes too long). If the amount of asteroids was to scale with the sector size, sector sizes of 4000 would no longer be to empty, and as long as you doubled your maximum speed, you should be fine ;)
    Server speed limit would have to be at least 150 for you not to have to travel too long. And with overdrive it will really not be a problem anymore.
    But if there would be warp drive and this would be implemented, I would without a doubt increase my sector size to 10 000.

Note: it doesn't have to scale 1:1. I just want more asteroids in bigger sector sizes so the long journeys are less tedious.
    Edit: And so mining is just that bit easier in bigger sector sizes :)
    Actually, this is a good suggestion, something i hadnt even considered yet (since the custom sector size is relatively new) there is already a setting for planets, a similar one for the asteroid feilds is just logical, count/size and frequency settings, thanks for the input :D