Next Generation Fighter: A Competition

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    darknassius, it seems like you've submitted quite a few ships. Could you make a masterpost of all of them?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    poor judge hehehe

lot of nice build ..and i see someone new but ..wait to see great new builder enter in game and they make a great build ^^^
    starmade he s a really good games for builld a nice ship , the winner is the guy who make the game where i can make why i want ...
    2016 year off new generation ship ^^^^
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452378506,1452377559][/DOUBLEPOST]
    darknassius, it seems like you've submitted quite a few ships. Could you make a masterpost of all of them?
    hello
    thanls but i m a a student i try to make "weapons/energy è prefere make only shape but 2016 guys i must do something
    ^^^^

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    12:00AM January 10th EST is the official cutoff time.
    Wait, as in a little over 5 hours as of this post? Damn, I expected most of the 10th aswell >_>

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    12:00AM January 10th EST is the official cutoff time.
    I assume it's 12 am GMT-5 ? right ? Anyone can confirmate because your US centered timezone are confusing (for the rest of the world I mean). I'm in GMT+1 so it should be rhis sunday 6 pm GMT+1 if I don't get it wrong.

It's my first real designed ship. I never used weapons systems & all so I have absolute no idea about the balance ; and just beginned it yesterday so don't expect somesthing crazy shit from me.

But however I'm actually quite proud of the rendering of my cockpit, I share with you few pictures of it to tease you.

(Don't pay attention to my dimension scale construction bar out there.)

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thats why some of us asked about a simple "X hours from now" :p whether 12am meant 23:59 gmt-5 saturday or 11:59 sunday or 23:59 sunday seems to have caused a bit of confusion.

Looking forward to the results and thank you for a very fun event! :) This is also a great source of beautiful fighter-class pirate or starter blueprints.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Say hello to the latest member of the ARK fleet, and the first made public (only because of this contest!)

Made with a lot of slabs to be as sleek as possible at such a small size, which I personally feel is the way of the future for fighters and small craft.

It has a more compact flight/landing mode (it lands on it's nacelles like landing gear), and a more expanded combat mode where the nacelles flatten out and pop open to reveal a pair of turrets (narrows ship for faster turning speed on the vertical axis)

Gif is faster than real time, blame Starmade :P

Also dropbox link because I rarely use the CC ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01gkkhb9th5z760/ARK ACF-4.zip?dl=0

Please ensure turrets are active and it's set to borrow thrust from docked!

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm maybe we could have several mass classes next time? Like say 0 - 300 mass, 301 - 600, 601 - 900, 901 - 1200; should do the trick? People might whine less and it'd be interesting to see what they cook up for the different groups.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    hmm maybe we could have several mass classes next time? Like say 0 - 300 mass, 301 - 600, 601 - 900, 901 - 1200; should do the trick? People might whine less and it'd be interesting to see what they cook up for the different groups.
    the challenge here is to make something good with fancy rail stuff within a mass limit that is quite small.
    Giving more mass to work with would not make it so challenging as it is right now.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    the challenge here is to make something good with fancy rail stuff within a mass limit that is quite small.
    Giving more mass to work with would not make it so challenging as it is right now.
    I split it up into different groups of mass for a reason. That said even I know it wouldn't be as challenging but depending on the other rules for each range of mass a lot of ideas could be made in those ranges. The trick is how to make it challenging at the higher ranges?

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well, I can't finish it in time and don't want present a half done job. Forfeit 4 me.