Next Generation Fighter: A Competition

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Agreed. It would also be nice to see exactly how many hours are left, just in case you always mix up the timezones (like me).

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Quick question, does "moving parts" include turrets?

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Could we perhaps say that the deadline is in 60 hours or something? :) That would also make sure everyone's sunday has actually ended. I can't build tomorrow, and would love to finish sunday.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Here we go!

- I might update this before sunday is over, so please regard it as preliminary! Unless I don't update it, in which case this is the submission.
    - Thrust must be manually inherited to get the 3:1 thrust ratio (instead of just the 1:1). This does not save with the BP yet!
    - You must sit on the pilot chair before entering the core, or you will be dumped outside when leaving!

https://starmadedock.net/content/scf-hopper-fighter.4053/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Here we go!

- I might update this before sunday is over, so please regard it as preliminary! Unless I don't update it, in which case this is the submission.
    - Thrust must be manually inherited to get the 3:1 thrust ratio (instead of just the 1:1). This does not save with the BP yet!

https://starmadedock.net/content/scf-hopper-fighter.4053/

Ayes that what i was missing, a good landing mechanic. Gj indeed. I bet 10 shmeckles on you.
    even if was *cough* to fast.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    omg lot of good ship but i ll be back with "the" new generation fighter ship ^^

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Could we perhaps say that the deadline is in 60 hours or something? :) That would also make sure everyone's sunday has actually ended. I can't build tomorrow, and would love to finish sunday.
    Yes I hope too because each session I see a new bug and I'm feel force to report it to Schine phabricator when it's still fresh in my mind and, most important, in my logs. So these days I spent more time over there than in-game on my poor ship conception. :'(

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    A PVP entry, the Seagull Attack Craft, also known as the 'fat bird'.

It takes a pre-existing gun and is built around it, giving it a 6k raw DPS (with bonuses to hull) and a mean missile strike damage of 23k (assuming half damage applied).
    The missiles are 100% pierce, so normal damage to shields but boosted damage to armor blocks and an increased blast radius.

https://starmadedock.net/content/ngf-competition-pvp-entry-seagull-fighter.4054/

It is an ugly little thing, but is cheap to make and I think I will turn it into a ship launched drone soon.

I like the fact that the exact same weapon is used in multiple creations of mine, either coupled with others (4 in the Wash), used as the main gun (this thing), and crammed into a ball turret (used on 2 other ships and a base defense turret for ares).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Noice ship, Really like the engine turnoff when in "land mode". and the display tilting is great. Been thinking of doing that but for top computers etc. Did you use a rotator and rotate it 45 degree?
    Indeed Its docked in the Back if you Wanna Check it out in build mode, However Its easier to do in Big ships because I obv. couldnt put the rotator/core right next to the Display and it isnt that simple getting it to sit in the right place in such a confined space when u dock it in the back.But take it Apart and fiddle with it youll understand then. It was Important to me that The FOV was used by being able to look out the Bottom under the Display like in a WW2 Dive Bomber.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452299079,1452298959][/DOUBLEPOST]
    A PVP entry, the Seagull Attack Craft, also known as the 'fat bird'.

It takes a pre-existing gun and is built around it, giving it a 6k raw DPS (with bonuses to hull) and a mean missile strike damage of 23k (assuming half damage applied).
    The missiles are 100% pierce, so normal damage to shields but boosted damage to armor blocks and an increased blast radius.

https://starmadedock.net/content/ngf-competition-pvp-entry-seagull-fighter.4054/

It is an ugly little thing, but is cheap to make and I think I will turn it into a ship launched drone soon.

I like the fact that the exact same weapon is used in multiple creations of mine, either coupled with others (4 in the Wash), used as the main gun (this thing), and crammed into a ball turret (used on 2 other ships and a base defense turret for ares).
    Its kinda has its charm in an ugly duckling sort of way. Seagull is a fitting name.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452299351][/DOUBLEPOST]Also does Anyone Know how to Add that little picture on the download page when youve already posted it.

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Indeed Its docked in the Back if you Wanna Check it out in build mode, However Its easier to do in Big ships because I obv. couldnt put the rotator/core right next to the Display and it isnt that simple getting it to sit in the right place in such a confined space when u dock it in the back.But take it Apart and fiddle with it youll understand then. It was Important to me that The FOV was used by being able to look out the Bottom under the Display like in a WW2 Dive Bomber.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452299079,1452298959][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Its kinda has its charm in an ugly duckling sort of way. Seagull is a fitting name.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452299351][/DOUBLEPOST]Also does Anyone Know how to Add that little picture on the download page when youve already posted it.
    I know right, I checked the box to include the photo, and accidentally clicked outside the box and now I don't know what to do! :(

Duke showed me this picture, this is how you do it:

Reactions: TheOppwnent