Next Generation Fighter: A Competition

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I guess I'll need to see if I can get my "Foxbat" under the 300mass.

If so, watch out.

Reactions: Dalmont
    Reaction score
    wow this will be hard, will maybe participate, my fighters are usually 700-1k mass

used to think that 50-200 mass ships were fighters, but after using them with the weapons update, the fights take just too long.

Reaction score
    The problem is not the 300 mass limit. The problem is that you're using mass instead of blocks after the block mass update.
    Might not make a big difference for larger ships but with fighters it does.
    If he really wants an accurate view of what fighters are like, then he shouldn't be limiting how players will be building their fighters in an actual PvP environment
    Fine, but you're sacrifising some other aspect of the ship by doing so due to the higher mass/block.
    The only penalization in the real game for using advanced is that it is heavier and higher cost per block.
    he shouldn't expect a realistic snapshot of what people really build their fighters like.
    The half answer to all of that discution is juat two words: Force Fields. Way less mass, just as strong. Not as good asthedically, but totally cheats the mass meter.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The half answer to all of that discution is juat two words: Force Fields. Way less mass, just as strong. Not as good asthedically, but totally cheats the mass meter.
    Forcefields weigh as much as advanced armor. They're both 0.25 mass.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    The DSY engineeers came to the conclusion that the next gen fighters would exceed the mass limitations given in this competition, due to changed armor, cargo and thrust mechanics, anything below a certain threshold would result in inferior crafts or lack of options. So i am sorry but the lightest manned "fighter" DSY is going to offer will be at 396 mass, the dedicated combat variant at 456 mass. So i guess this puts the crafts out of the competition then but the choices made will be explained along with their release.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hmm might drop a fighter in on this later. Need to get my mind unclogged from trying to build a cruiser. >_>

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just wondering do we believe the build mode stat number or the catalog stat number for mass? It has been known to be off sometimes. o_O

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just wondering do we believe the build mode stat number or the catalog stat number for mass? It has been known to be off sometimes. o_O
    I went ahead and trusted the build mode stat, although I had to cut back on some my ship because I was referring to the mass without docked while I was building

Reaction score
    Build mode. If im not mistaken the catalogue seems to still reflect mass as it was before the change to individual block mass