Next Generation Fighter: A Competition

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    If he really wants an accurate view of what fighters are like, then he shouldn't be limiting how players will be building their fighters in an actual PvP environment.

Anyone intelligently designing a fighter is going to be giving it advanced armor, because it provides the best protection against weapons from other fighters, and limits damage from swarmers that the fighter doesn't outrun.
    you forget that aesthetics are also part of the contest, per say i may find that grey hull would look nicer on a fighter design than advanced hull. not saying you are wrong at all (before you think thats what im saying) just pointing out that he most likely did this to add an even greater level of difficulty to the challenge.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    To definitively answer; if you would like to submit multiple ships (within reason) feel free.

However only one ship will hold a ranking per-person; only the best ship of your submissions will qualify for the finals.

Reaction score
    I'll join and am submitting the PO-22A Starfighter

starmade-screenshot-0020.png

PO-22A Starfighter

122mm Plasma Round Quad Cannon
    2x 180mm Anti-Matter Phalanx Missiles
    Interstellar Warp Drive
    RMX-11 Communications Disruption Equipment
    T-174 Overdrive Generator

High performance fighter flown by single pilot. Intended to be commissioned in squadrons. Capable of long range reconnaissance missions. Performance designed to handle space and atmospheric conditions.

starmade-screenshot-0019.png

starmade-screenshot-0004.png

starmade-screenshot-0001.png

PO22A Starfighter.gif

https://starmadedock.net/content/hms-po22a-starfighter-arintone.3993/

Reactions: Blodge and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been working on a new heavy fighter that I might be able to finish and release soon, although it'll need some mass reduction. May also update my Viper and enter that if I have time.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm new to the forums and the game (I've been playing for 43 hours), and would like to submit my Red Nebula:

starmade-gif-0001.gif

I think my ship is quite contrasting to other ships I've seen here, so here's the overview:

Bright and actually large interiors( I don't like dark/murky/cramped interiors ). There is a button to make it all lights murky and dark. Honestly I think my definition of 'crew accommodation' might be a little overestimating.

3.jpg

Actual cockpit/bridge space

2.jpg

A double bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) mostly because I love double beds. Also this ship is for two people ^^

7.jpg

It doesn't have 'wings'. Also in the below screenshot, the arms are frozen.

8.jpg

I'm not sure if it's a fighter, corvette or exploration vessel; but it is a small vessel.

Sorry for the long post, more details here:
    https://starmadedock.net/content/rnb-rednebula.3996/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    To definitively answer; if you would like to submit multiple ships (within reason) feel free.

However only one ship will hold a ranking per-person; only the best ship of your submissions will qualify for the finals.
    Neat
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451666639,1451666510][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Check the download link. Interior pic at the bottom of the post.
    Mistakes were made
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451666695][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Neat
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451666639,1451666510][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Mistakes were made
    Also sick ship Im waiting with posting mine but i think our to lil fighters will be best friends.

Reactions: Dalmont

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm this is starting to get interesting. :) Almost done with mine but I think I got carried away with the number of blocks. XD Time to change to super light blocks for the insides. >_>

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This entry's going to be a bit different from the crowd, it seems.

================================[Fire Shipyards Press Release]================================

For the first time, the Coke light interceptor is being released to the public.

Different from many other fighters of today's day and age, the Coke is designed for speed and agility. This little wonder weighs in at only 65.2 mass in stock configuration. Coupled with fully efficient overdrive, and a 2.0 TWR, it can outrun and outmaneuver anything that you may come across. Even if you find yourself between an asteroid and a hard place, the included radar jammer will allow to slip into the darkness of space.

You have three options when it comes to neutralizing your target:
    • Dual Testament Beam Cannons
    • Ventral Piranha Fire-n-Forget Missile Launcher
    • Dual removable (fixed-dock) Blockbuster Torpedo Pods

The public release of the Coke (mk4) is available at your nearest starship dealer.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    This entry's going to be a bit different from the crowd, it seems.

================================[Fire Shipyards Press Release]================================

For the first time, the Coke light interceptor is being released to the public.

Different from many other fighters of today's day and age, the Coke is designed for speed and agility. This little wonder weighs in at only 65.2 mass in stock configuration. Coupled with fully efficient overdrive, and a 2.0 TWR, it can outrun and outmaneuver anything that you may come across. Even if you find yourself between an asteroid and a hard place, the included radar jammer will allow to slip into the darkness of space.

You have three options when it comes to neutralizing your target:
    • Dual Testament Beam Cannons
    • Ventral Piranha Fire-n-Forget Missile Launcher
    • Dual removable (fixed-dock) Blockbuster Torpedo Pods

The public release of the Coke (mk4) is available at your nearest starship dealer.
    i feel like i need to compensate for this... i know i will make a detachable warp-clamp that my fighter can use to "deep strike" along with the rest of a fighter squadron specifically to outmanoeuvre this fighter of yours (that seems like it could be a very good harasser, and might be able to take out a few larger fighters by using its mobility against them...nice) oh and i think we need a class called MNGF'S (micro next generation fighters) because i have seen a few 300 mass ships, and a few that are barely 100 mass, so i think that would be a good idea for the judging of this contest. one overall winner, and two runner ups. one for the MNGF and one for the NGF
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451694573,1451692672][/DOUBLEPOST]i did more stuff...basically just a docking clamp upgrade but released as a separate blueprint because...well just because
    https://starmadedock.net/content/fc-14-ngf-jontyfreack-af-ap-wth_wc.4000/

god damnit images are too large.....dang

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ok I have a newbie question here so don't light me up! lol , how do you submit your screen shots on here do you use a image hosting program or do you just copy/paste?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ok I have a newbie question here so don't light me up! lol , how do you submit your screen shots on here do you use a image hosting program or do you just copy/paste?
    You need to use an image hosting site like Imgur, and use the image embed button on the top bar of the reply box.