New forum features!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Greetings Space Whales!

Over the past week I've been reading and replying to your forum suggestions, and I've talked to many of you regarding what the community wants for the forums. Many of you will be happy to know that we've put these systems into place, or are working on them currently.

Systems that are now in place:

Terms of Service Agreement
    Due to the nature of the new site's registration and login system, users no longer could accept the TOS and rules when automatically creating an account on the forums through the StarMade Citizen Registry. To fix this, the TOS agreement accept page is now placed on the forums for a newly registered user, preventing the user from accessing the site till accepted. This is also done when the TOS is updated.

Last post Avatars
    Avatars are now displayed on the forums page for the last post on the latest thread.

Similar Threads
    Threads of the similar title are now displayed when a user is creating a new thread, to help prevent duplicate threads being created. This is an effort to expand threads of the same idea/discussion instead of creating new ones.

Live Streams
    Live streams not displaying were fixed by increasing the search results for a StarMade stream. BB Code for streams were added (more information here). Also the most viewed stream plays at the top of the stream page with a StarMade background.

GeSHi - Generic Syntax Highlighter BB Code implementation

Post Ratings

Post rating system, a more advanced rating system than likes, allowing users to rate posts on specific content. Built to engage the user more, and improve post quality on the forums. (So instead of just a like, users can agree with the post, tag it as informative, funny etc.)

Planned/Current being worked on features:

• Multiple authors and permission sets for Community Content
    • Pop up notice system, to help with learning the new forum features.
    • More/Custom smilies
    • News system more user friendly
    • New game news module to display when there are new game news posts made (like on the old site)
    • Integrated chat system with the forums

If you have any suggestions or problems with the forums, please post them here!
    This thread will be updated when a new feature has been finished.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    No .. Space Whales are a probably planned future game feature of StarMade ... if i remember the last Q/A correctly :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That Similar Thread feature is excellent, duplicate threads have always bugged me :/ .

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Why are the new icons on the forums squares and not round? Please make this consistent, my avatar looks ugly there! :P

Reactions: resba
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I read the title and my brain ignored the word "forum" . I got really excited for about 8 seconds.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well it could be fun if we had community-made channels (not in form of forum threads - booriing!) which we could follow.

Something like new tab on starmadedock, where we would see all the news from the channels we are following. They could be about various things, like server stuff (politics, maintenance, resets), mods updates, unofficial events, etc. The makers of each channel would decide what they wish to write about and number of people subscribes would show if they are doing good job or if their topics are popular.
    This would be a place for Youtubers, news networks (as above), server admins, modders, etc.
    Pretty centralized system but we would have an access for almost anything related to Starmade, even community made, on this site.

Kinda like twitter but without signs limit. And mainly about Starmade related things.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, that is what I was going for, only well written in a far better fashion!
    Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
    Minister of Finance & Secretary of State
    The Rebel Alliance

I thought You were talking about something like this, but as You didn't gave any specifics i tried to expand this idea with some description of my vision :) Hope You like it because i sure do!

Reactions: resba
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Space whales?

interestingly enough, me and my friends found this not too long ago in a game...

errr... WALL WHALE?

Reactions: z1967
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It is Payday 2. I adore it, payday 1 I detested though, interesting what a sequel can do.