New forum features!

Reaction score
    With all do respect, where's the new chat system?

I love all these additions, but the chat system is one of the core features that we all grew used too. We were all told that the current chat is just temporary.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score

I love all these additions, but the chat system is one of the core features that we all grew used too. We were all told that the current chat is just temporary.
    I heard word that it's still being worked on but is slowed down a bit from changing devs.

Reactions: MrNature72

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine

It is temporary, and the forums are not responsible for StarMade chat.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    It is temporary, and the forums are not responsible for StarMade chat.
    This is one of my issues with the forum being third party. You have made the sitess flow, and this means that people are going to get confused as to where the line is drawn between the 2. Also, surely we should have the. Chat on this site rather than the star made site. Otherwise there is not much reason for a new chat, rather than to stop using irc.the reason community members go to star-made.org at the moment is chat, surely putting the chat here makes more sense as this is the community hub

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This is one of my issues with the forum being third party. You have made the sitess flow, and this means that people are going to get confused as to where the line is drawn between the 2. Also, surely we should have the. Chat on this site rather than the star made site. Otherwise there is not much reason for a new chat, rather than to stop using irc.the reason community members go to star-made.org at the moment is chat, surely putting the chat here makes more sense as this is the community hub
    It will be on here as well, I have made sure of that.

Reaction score
    So, about that update...

Can anyone tell us if we're getting it bit by bit? Because it's taking quite a while, I'm assuming we're getting the whole kit kaboodle in one pack...Dying to make a start on some ships and a base with the new planets and weapons. Maybe if a based mod could tell us if we're more weeks away than months or something?

(Whenever it comes, I know for damn sure it'll be worth it. Hyped for the logic system.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So, about that update...

Can anyone tell us if we're getting it bit by bit? Because it's taking quite a while, I'm assuming we're getting the whole kit kaboodle in one pack...Dying to make a start on some ships and a base with the new planets and weapons. Maybe if a based mod could tell us if we're more weeks away than months or something?

(Whenever it comes, I know for damn sure it'll be worth it. Hyped for the logic system.)
    It'll be all at once.

Reaction score
    It'll be all at once.
    Well that is a damn shame, looks like we won't be getting it SOON® but rather LATER®.

Thanks Vyor for the heads up, looks like we will be getting it in a few months time...I know for sure that the logic system will make up for it though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Few months? Logic blocks are done, planets are done, weapons systems are nearly done, i think what's mostly left is bugfixing. I know it can take some time, but my guess is - 3-4 weeks for the next update to be released.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Few months? Logic blocks are done, planets are done, weapons systems are nearly done, i think what's mostly left is bugfixing. I know it can take some time, but my guess is - 3-4 weeks for the next update to be released.
    agreed.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The rating system is an interesting idea. I really don't agree with those negative ratings, though. Abusing such a system to completely destroy a user's rep is extremely easy. That's also why most forums don't have them and why facebook doesn't have a "thumbs down" button.

Other than that, I like it! But KEEP IT POSITIVE , don't get negativity in there

Reaction score
    The rating system is an interesting idea. I really don't agree with those negative ratings, though. Abusing such a system to completely destroy a user's rep is extremely easy. That's also why most forums don't have them and why facebook doesn't have a "thumbs down" button.

Other than that, I like it! But KEEP IT POSITIVE , don't get negativity in there
    Absolutely, I'm worried a negative rating/rating taken out of context would cause problems. And agreeing with you, GIFT is in full effect even on a lovely forum like StarMade's. That being said, it could help somewhat in gleaning a user's personality, for instance someone with lots of 'optimistic' ratings is just that, and someone with 'friendly' ratings is just lovely with kittens and rainbows and such.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Absolutely, I'm worried a negative rating/rating taken out of context would cause problems. And agreeing with you, GIFT is in full effect even on a lovely forum like StarMade's. That being said, it could help somewhat in gleaning a user's personality, for instance someone with lots of 'optimistic' ratings is just that, and someone with 'friendly' ratings is just lovely with kittens and rainbows and such.
    I'm not saying that they should be removed. Perhaps just make the "insane" and other negative ratings not reduce the user's overall reputation (make them neutral, not -1)

No one likes being downrated, it outright sucks.

Reactions: Vyor