New storage button: Add stored blocks to filter

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Imagine I'm setting up a storehouse where each Storage Block will hold a certain block type. I'll just have to dump in all the items I'd like that chest to have, click "Filter stored items", write how many per tick I want to filter and done. No more having to write item per item in the menu.

Please support my other suggestions if you like them:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    OMG... Would like this. In fact, if there was a priority to this over allowing categories in the filter... I'll take this.

Reaction score
    Good to hear some others are also having pain using the filters. Your suggestion is great - I came up with another way of improving filter creation:

Why not make the drop-down list a clickable one? Imagine writing "black armor" to the filter, getting a drop-down list of all black armor types (as the game does now), and being able to click-select each piece you want filtered from that list. I think this would also be a huge improvement to the current, very tedious system.

Reaction score
    I summon the magical cat of creation schema to this topic, he who has the powers to change the universe shall peek into your mind and utilize your suggestion to maximum creativity!

Reaction score
    Yes! Our wishes have been heard! Yes!

I just wish people in Mojang would have been this responsive...even once. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It's a great idea that has been suggested many times. I'm not sure why it wasn't like this from the beginning to be honest.

I hope they fix another issue as well. It seems only one box can siphon from another box when the same filter is present, rather than multiple boxes transferring into thier inventory from the first box.

Reaction score
    Relating to jath's message - the whole factory system really needs also an optional "multiplier" parameter for the transfers between factories/storages, in case two or more masters need items from a slave factory/storage.

Example: creating Black Advanced Armory. You need to create Grey Hull, color it to black. Easy as it is so far. But then you need to transfer the Black Hull to Black Standard Armor (in Factory1), which needs Nacht Capsules (6 of them). Next in line is Black Standard Armor into Black Advanced Armor (in Factory2), which in turn needs Nacht Ingots (in practise, one piece needs a total of 60 Nacht Capsules).

If I use the same source for both Factory1 and Factory2, problems can arise, since Black Std Armor only needs 6 Nacht Capsules, whereas Black Adv Armor needs 60 of them. In practise, even if I have an abundance of Nacht Capsules available in a storage box, my production line never creates enough of Nacht Capsules for the last phase to be efficient. I end up having loads of Black Std Armor and only a few of Nacht Ingots in my Advanced Factory, which means production of the Advanced Armor in this last phase is really slow.

What would solve this would be a possibility to specify that my Factory2 gets to take 10 times as many Nacht Capsules from the storage box as my Factory1.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not only "add current" would be nice, but also "add an entire shop category"

Reaction score
    Relating to jath's message - the whole factory system really needs also an optional "multiplier" parameter for the transfers between factories/storages, in case two or more masters need items from a slave factory/storage.

Example: creating Black Advanced Armory. You need to create Grey Hull, color it to black. Easy as it is so far. But then you need to transfer the Black Hull to Black Standard Armor (in Factory1), which needs Nacht Capsules (6 of them). Next in line is Black Standard Armor into Black Advanced Armor (in Factory2), which in turn needs Nacht Ingots (in practise, one piece needs a total of 60 Nacht Capsules).

If I use the same source for both Factory1 and Factory2, problems can arise, since Black Std Armor only needs 6 Nacht Capsules, whereas Black Adv Armor needs 60 of them. In practise, even if I have an abundance of Nacht Capsules available in a storage box, my production line never creates enough of Nacht Capsules for the last phase to be efficient. I end up having loads of Black Std Armor and only a few of Nacht Ingots in my Advanced Factory, which means production of the Advanced Armor in this last phase is really slow.

What would solve this would be a possibility to specify that my Factory2 gets to take 10 times as many Nacht Capsules from the storage box as my Factory1.
    This is solvable using factory enhancers. Factories will pull as many blocks as they need to make the recipe.

Reaction score
    This is solvable using factory enhancers. Factories will pull as many blocks as they need to make the recipe.
    Possible but very cumbersome, as you basically need to retune your number of enhancer blocks each time you change the recipe. Very inefficient and space-consuming (pun intended).

Reaction score
    Some other users and I brain stormed a few inventory UI enhancements the other day.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/storage-filter-ui-enhancement-current-inventory-quick-select.5377/

This one is very similar to what you are looking for just with the storage crate instead of the factory. There are a few mock ups as well to give you a visual of how it could be laid out.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/storage-filter-ui-enhancement.5373/

This one I believe would be useful if you do not already have the items in your possession at the time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Some other users and I brain stormed a few inventory UI enhancements the other day.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/storage-filter-ui-enhancement-current-inventory-quick-select.5377/
    This one is very similar to what you are looking for just with the storage crate instead of the factory. There are a few mock ups as well to give you a visual of how it could be laid out.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/storage-filter-ui-enhancement.5373/
    This one I believe would be useful if you do not already have the items in your possession at the time.
    Actually I was talking about storages too, no idea how I put factory instead of storage.
    Your option lets select items out of a list, mine lets select items you have currently stored. I'd like to see both options available! Nice mockups btw.

Reaction score
    Actually I was talking about storages too, no idea how I put factory instead of storage.
    Your option lets select items out of a list, mine lets select items you have currently stored. I'd like to see both options available! Nice mockups btw.
    Thanks,

I get you, I was wondering how the factory would be beneficial that way lol.

The "current inventory quick select" thread was supposed to be the same as your idea, did I not capture it correctly? That one was actually brought up by another user. I'm guessing they got it off this post, didn't realize the original date when I first replied.

The mock ups were actually done by ltmauve. I had originally made some, but paint has its limits.
    The mock ups are the same because they encompass three aspects.
    • By Checklist
    • By Category (Didn't write this one after realizing they were already working on a UI update)
    • By current Inventory
    I saw the dev response on here so hopefully this will be included in the UI update coming out soon. Didn't realize they were already working on it when I made those.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Good to hear some others are also having pain using the filters. Your suggestion is great - I came up with another way of improving filter creation:

Why not make the drop-down list a clickable one? Imagine writing "black armor" to the filter, getting a drop-down list of all black armor types (as the game does now), and being able to click-select each piece you want filtered from that list. I think this would also be a huge improvement to the current, very tedious system.
    This 1000% When setting up sorting chests this would be a Schemasend to be able to search ore (for example) and only have to search it once as you can tick all boxes click ok and have all added to the pull.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I hope they keep in mind these last things too when they implement this feature.