Storage Filter UI Enhancement

Reaction score
    As a Standard User I would like the ability to easily select from the entire list of items When setting up a filter on my storage unit.

Conditions of satisfaction-

1. The user navigates to the storage filtering options
    2. The user selects "Set all"
    3. The User is able to select and deselect Items via check boxes (Fig. 1)
    4. The User is able to Remove selected items from the list, by selecting the button "Remove Selected" (Fig 2)
    5. The User is able to Remove un-selected items, by selecting the button "Remove Un-selected" (fig 3)

Figure 1
    fig 1.png

Figure 2
    fig 2.jpg

Figure 3
    fig 3.jpg

***Big shout out to ltmauve for making these mock-ups (is it "Itmauve" or "Ltmauve")***

* I'm getting some great feedback from the User base, keep it coming and I'll try to put it all together in a storage enhancement package (Epic)

These are going to be bite size pieces to make the Devs job easier if they choose to implement any of these portions.

If you like the idea or the way I lay it out, be sure to up the post with a rating so it stands out more.

If you have other ideas or concepts you'd like to flesh out feel free to send me a message, or post it here.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Needs a search bar imho, but not too bad o- o sounds fanceh

Reaction score
    Needs a search bar imho, but not too bad o- o sounds fanceh
    They have one in the add item function, this is more just a quick usability enhancement if you want to filter by all items.

I'd like to see some more advanced filtering options as well, but that would fall under a bigger project (An Epic instead of just a User Story), this will just alleviate the pain of accidentally deleting something you wanted and having to start the whole process over, while making the management easier on the eyes as well.

Thanks for the compliment!

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The perfect way would be a button to make the storage filter all kinds of blocks that are currently inside it...

Reaction score
    The perfect way would be a button to make the storage filter all kinds of blocks that are currently inside it...
    I see what you are saying, I do like that. The only drawback I see is that you have to already have those blocks inside of that container.

That would be a nice single click answer, but some players might not have every item they specifically want in that box, currently in there.

I think this also would help storage linked to factories, because you might want to start making a new item that you currently don't have.

As well as dropped loot from pirates, where you get all sorts of new goodies.

I do like your idea, when I have some free time I might write up a stand alone user story for it as well. If you have any more insight into to specifically what you want, just send me a message.

Reaction score
    Also adding by category and factory type.
    I plan on touching base with several of these. In design it's more effective to split up the chunks into bite size pieces.

I like the input and that is a great feature to hit, Keeps the ideas coming in and I'll get to work on putting this storage enhancement package together.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, so I decided to do this with the filter window:

And this is what the pulldowns do:

Reaction score
    Okay, so I decided to do this with the filter window:
    Nice!
    Very clean looking, I was struggling with paint, but you captured a really good representation of what the final product should be.

You've got a lot of functionality going on and I see what you meant by the category filtering. That was the one I was going to work out next.

Do you mind if I use these to update my User Stories? These two can pretty much cover everything.