New Eden Fleetworks | EVE Online Ships in StarMade

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Here is the star of my work on the Cormorant/Flycatcher.

And here is the image I am working off of,

~ShinNoir
    Were you intending to submit ships? The NEF is primarily a personal project. I will still end up doing my own version mostly for my own amusement. This is to get the ship, relative to each other, as close to the numbers from EVE as possible. I was really only going to get help once I got to large ships that required lots of hull to be filled in.

D

Deleted member 301635

Are you doing only T1 ships, or T2, T3, and Faction ships too?
    Because some of the T2 ships are different from the T1 ships that they are supposedly based off (such as the Nemesis, which looks nothing like the Tristan).

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Are you doing only T1 ships, or T2, T3, and Faction ships too?
    Because some of the T2 ships are different from the T1 ships that they are supposedly based off (such as the Nemesis, which looks nothing like the Tristan).
    I have access to all the models. Anything that you can fly in eve will be a ship along with color variants and pirate faction versions. Stats will change pending on its tech level or faction status. T3 ships will be the most customizable ships I make but they will be a pain to figure out. :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Station voting is up, everyone vote for criss' station!!! :P

Reaction score
    It's only the TG station stations at the moment.

Criss do you have the size/length of the colony ships from earth?

TriExporter location: dx9>model>artifact>colony>battleship>colb1>colb1_t1.gr2
    That thing's from Earth. From before the time of the EVE gate. Older than the sleepers.

Plus, I wish we could field as many drones as that Dominix did in the trailer with our own space potatoes.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    It's only the TG station stations at the moment.

Criss do you have the size/length of the colony ships from earth?

TriExporter location: dx9>model>artifact>colony>battleship>colb1>colb1_t1.gr2
    That thing's from Earth. From before the time of the EVE gate. Older than the sleepers.

Plus, I wish we could field as many drones as that Dominix did in the trailer with our own space potatoes.
    I have images of it next to a heron so I can figure out its size. Its like cruiser size. It's also used as sansha wrecks. I'll make two versions, one as a space wreck and the other as a functional ship.

Also thanks guys even though you cant vote yet. I did make a TG station as well so go vote for that one too haha. I will be posting reviews of as many if not all the stations on my channel soon.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'm expecting a huge expansion where Earth is refound except they want to kill all of New Eden and have Frigates the size of Dreadnoughts because unlike New Eden didn't have another Dark Age ;)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I'm expecting a huge expansion where Earth is refound except they want to kill all of New Eden and have Frigates the size of Dreadnoughts because unlike New Eden didn't have another Dark Age ;)
    I highly doubt that will happen honestly. They invested too much into the current themes. We covered the entire cluster so far and there aren't even aliens to fight. Just ancient humans or drones or pirates. Also they are currently shifting more control to the player across the entire game so eventually there might not even be the current empires to fight.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Still an interesting aspect isn't it?

In that theme maybe we could get more space in EVE? Not much more room for new alliances to claim

D

Deleted member 301635

I actually heard a theory that W-Space is the Milky Way, but that's kind of a crackpot theory though, so...

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Right. So I have done work on lots of frigate hulls over the past few days. Sorry for the lack of episodes. Station reviews are taking over my channel till I manage to do them all.
    I have made progress on the:
    Incursus, Tormentor, Impairor, Astero, Ibis, Heron, Bantam, Burst, Probe, Slasher
    Here's a video!

Now. I am working on what appears to be a lot of ships at once. There is a reason for this. Essentially I need to figure out a module size that uniformly fits across all the ships of a certain size. Modules are the machines that you attach to you ship in EVE. Basically gear for you "character". From turrets to armor/shield hardeners to cap boosters, all of them are modules that I will eventually design.

The problem is that certain ship sizes share the same sized modules. This means that frigates and destroyers need to be able to fit any module built for them. That's about 40~ ships that need to fit the same machines. This means I need to find the smallest ship, with the most amount of modules and the least amount of interior space. I need to maximize the module size so that it actually benefits the player, otherwise the impact is negligible. So far the Heron seems to have the smallest volume internally, and it fits 5 medium slot modules, which is a pain to fit in there. But I managed.

I just need to finish up a few other hulls and verify that the heron is suitable for me to base the module size on. Once this is completed, it means that I will be free to finish frigates and destroyers without being cautious of the interior space that I use. You can expect a frigate about once a week at this rate.

Aside from all that I want to explain the purpose of ship roles. Ships In EVE are granted bonuses to the various modules they use. One ship may get extra damage on specific turrets, another may get a boost to tackling effectiveness. This somewhat forces the player to choose specific fittings that go well with certain tasks. Players will equip those specific turrets to get the bonus, especially if they want the extra damage.

So how does this translate to StarMade? Essentially when you install a module, you will see there are additional effect blocks nearby. These effect blocks will not be attached to the effect computer. The computer comes with the module. Once you place the module down you can attach the bonus blocks to the computer on the module. So while you may be able to fit shield hardeners on all the ships, some ships will have additional effect blocks there, meaning a few ships will get a better bonus than others once the modules are connected. Hopefully this gives roles to the ships, instead of making it entirely viable to attach any module to any ship. Ships will get better results depending on what modules are installed.

When it comes to turrets there are two ways you can handle this. A turret can be docked as they normally can. This comes with the bonus of not having to directly face an enemy. You can fire from all directions. The downside is that you will not get the bonuses to the weapon that are already installed. Unless however, you directly copy and paste the turret onto its turret mount and connect the computer to built in modules. This means the player will have to make a choice; either connect the turret as a turret and get an overall coverage or attach the turret in a fixed position with additional firepower. On smaller ships this may not be an issue, but on the larger ones I plan on making that bonus to damage a bit higher. Will you use massive directional cannons or will you place down turrets because you can hardly turn?

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Alright. So basically I can't get many videos done for this project on account of station reviews. What you do get are screenshots of the stuff I have been working on. *the comity cheers*

I have been working on small ships. We will see some of those next week. But in the last few days I got working on the Ibis, the Impairor and the Velator. These are all newb ships. essentially the least powerful yet capable ships in EVE. They will likely have some of the weakest stats.

Here's the Gallente Velator in it's current level of completion. There are comparison images from the old version that I built by eye. The new one is a massive improvement in my opinion. It is bulkier, and rounder. It also features some new designs for things like engines and whatnot.

Actual Model

Comparison Shot. New one is on the right.

oh god the bloom

New Engines. Better Engines :D

Lighting of the ship.

It's crazy what can change in 5 months with a few new blocks and new building ideas. That's literally my improvement as a builder happening in front of your eyes.

Here's the Impairor. This is a massive improvement over the last one as well, which did not utilize pentas and tetras to the fullest extant. The secondary grey lip was also executed much nicer this time around.

Finally we got this Ibis. This thing is the largest of the rookie ships. A bit too large I think. It has massive engines, and yet when its done it may very well have the slowest thrust to mass ratio of the four. There will be plenty of interior space though! It has yet to get colored. Shouldnt take too long honestly, it's mostly grey.

All in all, very cool. I am excited to get these ships finished. They won't be done first, but I will release them before the other frigates. I have about 5 weeks of ships to release so I think I am good. Once I finish the smallest frigate I can pump out the rest much quicker. I didn't work on the Reaper which is the fourth rookie ship. I will finish coloring that ones hull soon however. Perhaps during a stream or something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Alright. So basically I can't get many videos done for this project on account of station reviews. What you do get are screenshots of the stuff I have been working on. *the comity cheers*

I have been working on small ships. We will see some of those next week. But in the last few days I got working on the Ibis, the Impairor and the Velator. These are all newb ships. essentially the least powerful yet capable ships in EVE. They will likely have some of the weakest stats.

Here's the Gallente Velator in it's current level of completion. There are comparison images from the old version that I built by eye. The new one is a massive improvement in my opinion. It is bulkier, and rounder. It also features some new designs for things like engines and whatnot.

Actual Model

Comparison Shot. New one is on the right.

oh god the bloom

New Engines. Better Engines :D

Lighting of the ship.

It's crazy what can change in 5 months with a few new blocks and new building ideas. That's literally my improvement as a builder happening in front of your eyes.

Here's the Impairor. This is a massive improvement over the last one as well, which did not utilize pentas and tetras to the fullest extant. The secondary grey lip was also executed much nicer this time around.

Finally we got this Ibis. This thing is the largest of the rookie ships. A bit too large I think. It has massive engines, and yet when its done it may very well have the slowest thrust to mass ratio of the four. There will be plenty of interior space though! It has yet to get colored. Shouldnt take too long honestly, it's mostly grey.

All in all, very cool. I am excited to get these ships finished. They won't be done first, but I will release them before the other frigates. I have about 5 weeks of ships to release so I think I am good. Once I finish the smallest frigate I can pump out the rest much quicker. I didn't work on the Reaper which is the fourth rookie ship. I will finish coloring that ones hull soon however. Perhaps during a stream or something.

MOAR!!!! MOAR!!!!

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    LOL Two

Yes do stream you working more because we are just so demanding of people. :p

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Big freakin news everybody. More ships for me to make!. t3 Destroyers. Holy crap this is awesome.

Caldari concept art for the t3 destroyers.

The amarr concepts

Blackbird concept. Bit obscure but awesome!

High sec frieghter with large ship maintenance bay.

Last edited: