New Eden Fleetworks | EVE Online Ships in StarMade

Reaction score
    FUCK FUCK FUCK YES YES YES
    TAKTIKAL DESTROYAHS
    YES
    I AM LITERALLY PUNCHING THE AIR OVER AND OVER AGAIN RIGHT NOW
    Plus they finally fixed the blackbird. Another cause to celebrate.
    But they have moving parts... did anyone confirm pistons/rotors yet?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Criss

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Again rotors are "planned"

I can't believe I forgot about the Vegas Event! :oops:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Glad to see the ships are coming along really nicely :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    There are a lot more that only we twitch followers get to see :p

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Check this out guys. Working on some module stuff. There will be a spoiler below detailing this as well for those that would prefer to read.

Modules

Essentially this is the gear that is fitted to a ship. There are 4 module sizes: Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large. For each of the 4 sizes there are 3 slot sizes based on the power levels of the ship: Low Medium and High.

Frigates and Destroyers fit Small modules.
    Cruisers and Battlecruisers fit Medium modules.
    Battleships fit Large modules.
    Capital ships fit Extra Large modules.

In EVE there are literally hundreds of these modules. They all come with requirements, benefits and drawbacks. As you could guess, a lot of this cannot be translated into StarMade mechanics. The ratios / values will also be inaccurate. Module slots on ships will be made as large as possible so that the ship will actually get a decent boost when equipping these modules. Anything that can be translated into StarMade will be made. It will be made in a very general sense.

Essentially you will be choosing them based on how much you're willing to spend on the fitting of your ship. Hopefully you guys will be blowing these ships up enough to actually warrant this type of thinking, instead of going straight for the more expensive ones. The impact will be more prevalent as the scale of the ship increases.

The modules will be released in template packs. This MAY get out of hand. There are a ton of modules! I will also release them on a massive rack. These racks will contain the modules of a single type. All light missile turret designs on a single rack for example. Copy and paste or undock and redock. It's that simple.

Ship Bonuses

On top of the possibility to add modules, some ships will be granted benefits. Some ships get a bit of extra speed. Some of the ships grant bonuses to the modules that are fitted. The ship bonuses translates into two systems. Ships with passive bonuses will get the computer and effect blocks pre-installed on the ship. All you need to do is activate it.

The other bonuses activate only when modules have been placed. Some ships may be better at salvaging. This means that if you install a salvage module, you can connect it's computer to existing salvage blocks inside the ship that are already there. They will be located near a specific slot in the ship and marked with a display module. This gives the ship a role. It will be wiser to install certain systems on certain ships to maximize this bonus. Of course, its still up to the player to decide.

Turrets

Turrets operate a bit differently. Essentially I have come up with two options for the player.

Option one: dock a turret like you normally would.
    This means you get a turret that swivels and the player can fight multiple targets essentially or pull maneuvers without actually facing the target. On top of this, there is a bit of a defensive bonus. The games AI currently target any core on your ship when in a fight. This means that it will take longer for the AI to kill you but you will also loose turrets to enemy fire quicker.

Option two: Hard-mount the turret.
    If the player decides to hard-mount the turret by copying and pasting it directly to the hull they get different options. Manual fire. Better control of the power consumption. Accuracy (pending on skill). If the ship has a bonus to turret damage, then additional blocks will be placed on the ship. You will be able to take your installed turrets and link additional blocks to them. Essentially a damage boost. This comes with the drawback of having fewer cores on the ship. Your primary core will be an easier target to spot to AI and player alike.

On top of that I will leave room for tertiary effects to be placed on the turret. This will serve as "ammo". This is because in eve, the ammo determines how damage is applied not the turret itself.

Rigs

Rigs are even more additional machinery that the player can place on a ship. These machines often come with a big bonus and a big drawback, such as decreasing armor for more cargo room. A lot of these will not be replicated. There are specific places on a ship where rigs will be placed. They will all be external. The issue is that I do not know how I want to go about doing this. It would be kind of annoying if you players had to remove the rig slots every time you bought a ship if you were not using them. If players want to roleplay this and are willing to take it seriously, then perhaps I shall just release the rigs themselves and players can attach the appropriate amount to the hull of the ship. Just thinking of it now, perhaps I can outline the rig locations with the invisible logic blocks. Then you would only see these rig mounts in build mode and can fit them accordingly. The rig system will require testing and you will not see these on the first ship releases. They will be updated in the future.

Overall I think this system is one of the most complicated and customizable systems I have heard done with starmade ships. Tutorials will be posted with every single pack of modules I release. Additionally, the player will learn all there is about a ship in a video showcasing the ships features. This will be different than the ship release cinematic.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    I won't be going near the Titans. Since this is a full scale conversion it would just be too much. The largest of those is 18 kilometers long. I can hardly import files that are 3 kilometers. I'm pretty sure I wont be completing any ship that's larger than 2 kilometers. Everything up to battleship class I will attempt. Most of those don't go past 1.5 kilometers. Capital ships may be turned into stations and if that happens then there's an opportunity for them to be community builds but that is far off in the future.
    Carriers top out at around 3km in length, just saying. You could TOTALLY build a chimera or an archon. Well, ok, the Chimera would probably make you want to kill yourself, but the archon is nice and simple... also you could simplify things greatly by having really thick armor on the Archon... just like the real one. (<3 my archon)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Carriers top out at around 3km in length, just saying. You could TOTALLY build a chimera or an archon. Well, ok, the Chimera would probably make you want to kill yourself, but the archon is nice and simple... also you could simplify things greatly by having really thick armor on the Archon... just like the real one. (<3 my archon)
    Well with the models it is easy to see how thick the armor is on it. Hopefully it doesnt slow down the ship to a stop but I plan on making the armor as thick as it is intended to be. That goes for all ships. The carriers still work, I can move them around at about 15 fps. With it entirely loaded I get like 7 fps. anything under 3 k is possible. I might make the space stations since thats basically what some of these carriers are. Who knows. Thats a long way off.

Reaction score
    Well with the models it is easy to see how thick the armor is on it. Hopefully it doesnt slow down the ship to a stop but I plan on making the armor as thick as it is intended to be. That goes for all ships. The carriers still work, I can move them around at about 15 fps. With it entirely loaded I get like 7 fps. anything under 3 k is possible. I might make the space stations since thats basically what some of these carriers are. Who knows. Thats a long way off.
    If your carriers are having that much trouble moving, they need a LOT more thrust. Just saying.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    If your carriers are having that much trouble moving, they need a LOT more thrust. Just saying.
    I have yet to even work on a carrier. Its not that I do not have thrust. Its that they are 3 kilometers long. It slows down the FPS and is also a slow moving object. It is entirely too impractical to consider working on them currently. I assume battleships will be considered the capital ships of a fleet if they are even fielded.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Hello! Good News! I've completed the Minmatar Einherji! Check out the cinematic and get the ship for yourself.

In other news I have almost completely finished the Velator. It will likely be the first rookie ship to be released, as it is closest to completion. I also started with a Gallente ship so I guess I will keep that pattern going. The order is Gallente > Minmatar > Amarr > Caldari > and a Random Faction ship for the releases.

With the update to the dev build I want to make sure that all the ships have Dscan. Dscan, or directional scan is a sensor on all EVE ships that allow them to track ships within a certain range. It can be narrowed down to pinpoint a target. It does not display much else in terms of information. The recent dev build released sensors that basically fulfill this purpose to an extent. I want to install them onto the ships to the best of my ability. Anything rookie sized or higher shall recieve sensors that at the very least, function. It's an awesome feature!

I also tested the process for repainting the ships and managed to repaint the Velator in less than 30 minutes. I will do another repaint of the ship in the future as this was just a test. Currently I missed some stuff and I might clean up a bit of the internals and etc. I'm thinking that I will eventually start releasing at least 1 color variant plus the normal new ship release each week. If there are no new releases then there will be 2 color variants released!

Left is normal, right is Innerzone shipping variant. They look great. Can't wait to do more!

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Your Heron is just a beauty (and it could work so perfectly with the new scanning system) :)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Got bored. Made a Nugoeihuvi Edition shuttle. Took ages because it is camo-patterned. Might be easier on larger ships. But yeah. Also all the caldari shuttles will be getting a minor tweak. The core will be raised one block so its at the proper spot on the pod. There will be an update to the Caldari Shuttle eventually for future downloads. I think I will post updates here more often too just so you guys can see progress.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Got a new download for you all. The Templar. There is one more fighter drone to release before I get to larger ships.
    You can get the download for the new fighter here: http://starmadedock.net/content/amarr-templar-standard-edition.1625/

In related news, I think my plan is to start releasing 2 ships a week. One at the end of the week on Thursday or Friday and one on Sunday.

The priority is: new ships > weapons/modules > structures > color variants.

Structures can be anything from "deployable modules to fully functional stations at various scales.

I also think that from each of the races I will be withholding a specific color variant for myself. I may release these over time as I rewards for things like Youtube views or followers on here. I will wait till I finish all the variants to see which ones I prefer.

Work has also started on faction structures. These will be bases that players will be able to buy in territory they own with the future station buying mechanic. Details on how it works have not come out yet, so don't ask me. I do plan on releasing a number of structures designed specifically for players to use. These bases can do a variety of things but only the large NPC stations will have proper functionality across the board as is the nature of EVE stations. A Player owned station in EVE does not come with hangers, respawn and everything unless you build those structures and etc..

There will be a video below covering the progress on a TBU, or territorial blockade unit. In terms of EVE these are deployed to disrupt the network of enemy-held space. 51% of the stargates in a system need a TBU in order for the operation to work. In StarMade there are no complicated sovereignty mechanics so this will simply act as a starbase structure. If you so desire you will be able to claim it for factions and use it as a base. Here's the catch; there will be no additional features on the station. No respawn, no hangers or shop module. In hopes that players will use the ACTUAL starbases from EVE, the TBU will be one of the cheapest structures to use for capturing space. If a corp does not have enough money then they buy this thing. Not exactly how it works in EVE but it looks nice and will be built with aesthetics in mind. It will also likely have a really high stat value compared to what I normally create as it is a harder thing to kill in the EVE universe.

Reactions: TwoNiner

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I have worked more on the Sovereignty blockade unit. Looks like its going well. There is a lot of work to do with this thing. IF I make this thing with matching ratios from EVE and the ships I have made so far, then it will have over 300 million shields. Is that even possible with a structure of this size? I have no idea. The recharge rate and power won't be as big an issue. What do you guys think? It would take an ungodly amount of time to kill it with smaller ships. I will likely not fit that much into it. It will have a basic interior. Computer consoles. Lots of data banks too.

It does have some nice blue windows that will pulse.

Some yellow green ones as well! This will be an actual walkable area.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    You guys are so boring :P