new change must happen

Reaction score
    Thank for reading leave a comment or like if you like this idea :D

Darkstar64

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It was suggested many times before and it seems that this idea keep popping out. I think this was the last one thread about it.
    So basically as answered in the linked thread - lack of immersion.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    planets are small by default to allow people with potato computers to load them with minimal lag, the setting is a server side setting

Reaction score
    planets are small by default to allow people with potato computers to load them with minimal lag, the setting is a server side setting
    I had one of those old bet up pc and could still play mine craft good, and if we talking about lag this is a good thing for people with old pc because this well stop most lag in servers or any were, and the planet system we have now lags very bad the surface don’t even load for me and I just got a new pc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Instanced planets aren't really that good an idea, what you are trying to do is separate planets from the outside world which as others have mentioned breaks immersion and feels artificial. Not to mention this would not affect performance on planets at all they'd still generate with the same blocks and system, except now they could be used to hide colossal factories (these things ain't easy on server load) and allow you to pretend you are in minecraft which honestly has been done before. By minecraft and assorted clones.

Also if you are having issues with performance did you not think to check if it was on your side? For all we know you might have stupid settings on or some cruddy component bottlenecking performance. Perhaps you should check out game support and see if they can give you any tips.

The community on the whole is adamant that instanced planets will never happen and to be honest this isn't negotiable, this idea has been struck down with vigour before. Don't get burned too bad on your way out.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    if this game went with instanced planets, I wouldn't bother playing it.

Reaction score
    I still think this is a good idea, am not try to do anything but share a good idea and I strongly think that this well help the future of star made. This well bring least lag to the player easy on sever load or not, bugs can be fix. I don’t see ground battle to be a thing without this .Don’t speak for the community let them talk there new player every day and no idea can be called negotiable for all must be heard.

Thanks for posting comment :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I still think this is a good idea, am not try to do anything but share a good idea and I strongly think that this well help the future of star made. This well bring least lag to the player easy on sever load or not, bugs can be fix. I don’t see ground battle to be a thing without this .Don’t speak for the community let them talk there new player every day and no idea can be called negotiable for all must be heard.

In single player server load = player lag as well darkstar. Don't forget this game is single player too >:| other than that I still disagree but will allow others to make their case. Also work harder on spelling/grammar. Internet credibility = Reputation +(spelling*grammar)^2. Totally confirmed :p

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9

this will not help the future of Starmade. Most people or even 99% of the people enjoy flying from space to ground and back again, seamlessly...it's a feature I look for in today's games.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Don’t worry there will be lots more new players to fill your spot anyways for it not only you how plays. Lol :D
    exactly how many players you think like instanced planets? As far I have seen the COMMUNITY dislikes the idea of instanced planets.....so ...how many players will take my spot again? but go ahead..keep hitting that dislike button on everything I say... its ok.

Reaction score
    Sorry Darkstar, but this is old. It's been suggested lots of times, but each and every time people have said 'no, this is silly'.

I don't like the new planets either, I preferred the Oreo planets. But the community decided on round planets so now they're cannon.

Reactions: karkinosz
    Reaction score
    By doing this you not going to be reaching only just sand box player but everyone else how plays games.
    p.s the hole COMMUNITY dont dislike my idea were did you think this came from.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    By doing this you not going to be reaching only just sand box player but everyone else how plays games.
    p.s the hole COMMUNITY dont this like my idea were did you think this came from.
    !?!?? what?

Reaction score
    Sorry Darkstar, but this is old. It's been suggested lots of times, but each and every time people have said 'no, this is silly'.

I don't like the new planets either, I preferred the Oreo planets. But the community decided on round planets so now they're cannon.
    Nothing is old win you have new play unless the game is just for a group of people is it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    ... an excerpt from another game but still relevant.

The guide of posting for new players. Game specific terms changed for star made.
    Post 4:

______________________________________________________________________________

I have identified these three essential problems with your game. I'm sure that nobody else has ever had my ideas and I demand that a dev drop everything and implement my plan to FIX STARMADE immediately. I scorn to read any of the posts in the dev forums before I post this, as I know you will all be awed by my brilliance. You may thank me for deigning to spend time on you now.

________________________________________________________________________________
    ___

Even if your post fits none of these archetypes (each of which has been posted MANY times, just to be clear), you should not post if

1. You have already posted a new thread in that forum today.
    2. You cannot spell (some lenience is granted for non-native English speakers, as long as they make a good-faith attempt).
    3. You cannot punctuate.

If you have reached this point and still think it's a good idea to post; you are probably wrong. But go ahead anyway, we probably won't rip you to shreds.

Probably.
    I kept the last bit since it gives it context. I could give the other examples of bad posts but this will get long. Luckily the Starmade community is much more tolerant than others and the community that I got that post from you've not been trolled, demeaned, insulted or etc. But stupid posting is universal. This has come up before and was put down with good reason. Retiring from this thread, have fun all.

Reaction score
    Thank you for all that leaves comment I had fun reading them :D

Darkstar64

Reaction score
    Don’t worry you won’t see anything like that here.
    ... an excerpt from another game but still relevant.

The guide of posting for new players. Game specific terms changed for star made.

I kept the last bit since it gives it context. I could give the other examples of bad posts but this will get long. Luckily the Starmade community is much more tolerant than others and the community that I got that post from you've not been trolled, demeaned, insulted or etc. But stupid posting is universal. This has come up before and was put down with good reason. Retiring from this thread, have fun all.
    Don’t worry you won’t see anything like that here.

p.s Did he have any good ideas lol :D

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Please use the edit feature to avoid double posting in quick successions.

Regardless of opinions on how this will effect gameplay or levels of enjoyment; there are technical problems to having instanced planets.
    Entry / Exit points being the main one.

For people that want tanks, mechs, armor, guns for land battle...
    While i couldn't really comment on Starmade's ultimate future state, you surely realise the focus of this game is currently on space, spaceships and space battles? Lets take things one step at a time. :p