Planets, an idea

Would you like to see bigger planets in Starmade, as explained in the Post?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So I am playing Starmade for a while now, and I am really enjoying it.
    What I noticed thoug is - even more so with the new planets - that I don't really visit the planets.
    They are to small and if I play with friend the often lag when loading in the planets.
    It would be cool if they would be bigger, so you'd be able to explore them - now you can just fly past them and see everything there is top see.

Wish: Bigger planets
    Problem: Allready Lagy

My Idea is the following:
    If the planets would be way bigger, that woul add a lot to the atmosphere of the game - so it would be an idea to make them quite big, but not load them in as blocks but as sphere, just some textures for the looks, and if you come closer you can choose to visit the planet. If you choose to do so, the game loads in on a planet biome - it doesnt even need to be spherical or shaped in any form, it could just be as flat as in minecraft - allowing for ´vaster terrain and more exploring combined with less lag in the universe and a nicer at6mosphere.

Conserning planet-mining and bigship-planetbase fights ... you could spawn in the ships at high altitude on the planet, so they could still interact with tzhe players on the planet.

Hope you guys will think abbout this and maybe add to the idea :)

Conclusion:

Big spherical planets that are just that when you fly past them, with the possibillity to visit a planet and let it load like in minecraft, allowing for a better performance and atmosphere while in space, and bigger - more beautifull planets.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    This has been discussed before and has already been denied.

The number one issue is that it detracts from the immersion. The second issue is that the dev team is trying to avoid in game "loading screens" entirely, something I agree with.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This has been already suggested.

Reason why it was a big "nope" is, as comr4de stated, due to the lack of immersion. I like seeing my ships in space!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Too bad that the majority thinks like that :/ i would have loved it... But it was just a suggestion, if it has been denied I will have to trust the devs

Reaction score
    Yeah. Also, if you passed by the planet and accidentally entered its atmosphere, you would get hit by a loading screen. Also, you'd be surprised at how diverse Ice landscapes are. I enjoy exploring the massive crevasses.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    well that is the smallest problem :D you could make it enterable by pressing a certain key

Reaction score
    I think this is a good idea if we leave out this we are miss out on a big portion of star made and I see no comment here that’s not a self wont, not think about the future of star made the possibility are endless not only for sand box player but for fps ,rts ,rpg and mmo. Yes this is a big change to the game but this is what you have to do to reach new players. Without this is like tossing out free money, we can’t not sell are self-sort any longer it’s time for a change!!!!