new change must happen

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Entry / Exit points being the main one.
    Another concern I have is the size the database will grow to, Given the sheer number of planets that Starmade could Generate.
    That, and if that was allowed to happen, the next step would probably be something like Dimension anchors in minecraft :u keeping chunks loaded for factories to work...

Reaction score
    In single player server load = player lag as well darkstar. Don't forget this game is single player too >:| other than that I still disagree but will allow others to make their case. Also work harder on spelling/grammar. Internet credibility = Reputation +(spelling*grammar)^2. Totally confirmed :p
    lol,
    I was never the best in writing class, but most the time if game runs good in multiplayer it runs better in single player.

Reaction score
    Please use the edit feature to avoid double posting in quick successions.

Regardless of opinions on how this will effect gameplay or levels of enjoyment; there are technical problems to having instanced planets.
    Entry / Exit points being the main one.

While i couldn't really comment on Starmade's ultimate future state, you surely realise the focus of this game is currently on space, spaceships and space battles? Lets take things one step at a time. :p
    This is very much truth maybe it’s a little bit to early to talk about land battle.

Reaction score
    Another concern I have is the size the database will grow to, Given the sheer number of planets that Starmade could Generate.
    That, and if that was allowed to happen, the next step would probably be something like Dimension anchors in minecraft :u keeping chunks loaded for factories to work...
    Maybe no one like my ideas but if you got another way of having a nice ground battle do it I just don’t see any other way it can be done.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Maybe no one like my ideas but if you got another way of having a nice ground battle do it I just don’t see any other way it can be done.
    Well, there wasnt tanks (well technically there was xD) But I've done a few Planet side events with my faction :u Maybe make planets a little bigger/stable, and you can use tanks and such on the current planets o-o

I think the problem here is the Player Scale on which your thinking.

Reaction score
    Well, there wasnt tanks (well technically there was xD) But I've done a few Planet side events with my faction :u Maybe make planets a little bigger/stable, and you can use tanks and such on the current planets o-o

I think the problem here is the Player Scale on which your thinking.
    will im really a fps and rts kind of guy

Reaction score
    Will that the last time I speak my mind I got two pages of disagree and wrong spelling on the first day of posting does that have a metal.

Lol :D I can fell the hate now

but still thank all posters thank you

The one and only darkstar64

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I, for one, support instanced planets, if someone can work out the entry/exit issues and a few other things. (Though I have no problem with not being able to bombard things from orbit. Spaceship weapons are just too damn powerful to balance with blocks and stuff on the ground.)

Reaction score
    Nothing is old win you have new play unless the game is just for a group of people is it?
    I meant your post...actually no offense but I can't tell much about any of your posts.

Still, if you want me to explain: your idea is old because it's been suggested before. And the community (at the most at least) agrees that it is a bad idea, some devs have also stated that it would be difficult to implement.

Ithirahad Not you too! Nooooo~

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    I, for one, support instanced planets, if someone can work out the entry/exit issues and a few other things. (Though I have no problem with not being able to bombard things from orbit. Spaceship weapons are just too damn powerful to balance with blocks and stuff on the ground.)
    thank for being the only one to agree, mabey they can just make the planent more big but more far away from each other or somethink :D

Reaction score
    I meant your post...actually no offense but I can't tell much about any of your posts.

Still, if you want me to explain: your idea is old because it's been suggested before. And the community (at the most at least) agrees that it is a bad idea, some devs have also stated that it would be difficult to implement.

Ithirahad Not you too! Nooooo~
    the must diffcult to implement are the best you choose what best

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    the must diffcult to implement are the best you choose what best
    Could someone please correct the spelling of this post a littlebit? I am unable to get the message, so I'll just respond to the most likely one:
    If what you wanted to say is, that the best things are always hard to implement, I have to strongly disagree. In many cases(if one does not start from scratch), the things, that are considered best, are just shortcuts, or nothing more, than 20 lines of code(which is REALLY short). If you want an example, I can give you one, but since it'd be a littlebit offtopic I'm not going to post it if it's not requested.

Reaction score
    Could someone please correct the spelling of this post a littlebit? I am unable to get the message, so I'll just respond to the most likely one:
    If what you wanted to say is, that the best things are always hard to implement, I have to strongly disagree. In many cases(if one does not start from scratch), the things, that are considered best, are just shortcuts, or nothing more, than 20 lines of code(which is REALLY short). If you want an example, I can give you one, but since it'd be a littlebit offtopic I'm not going to post it if it's not requested.
    Sorry it took so long to post back and the spelling, I was just saying more work = better result.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    LOL! oh my god dude!, you really did go around and disliked (disagree) each one of my comments....HAHA! make sure you get this one too ok.

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    come on man! you just disliked (disagree) everything I posted 8min ago. I am giving you a chance to go for the gold here.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Will that the last time I speak my mind I got two pages of disagree and wrong spelling on the first day of posting does that have a metal.

Lol :D I can fell the hate now
    It isn't really hate... Most people just don't like the concept of instanced planets, for completely understandable reasons. And you get Bad Spelling because... well if you type in a way lik this then get bad speling (And bad grammar, for that matter).

Reaction score
    LOL! oh my god dude!, you really did go around and disliked (disagree) each one of my comments....HAHA! make sure you get this one too ok.
    I dislike what do you mean, I just disagree on the thinks you said just like you did to me just going over comment that all sorry if it look like something else no hate here friend.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I dislike what do you mean, I just disagree on the thinks you said just like you did to me just going over comment that all sorry if it look like something else no hate here friend.
    uhmm no, I did not disagree with everything you posted. If you click on my profile you will see I only ever handed out 2 dislikes. LOL!, I did not go through the whole damn post and press dislike on everything someone posted just because they didn't like me disliking them...but it's cool, you can single me out, I honestly don't mind.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    It isn't really hate... Most people just don't like the concept of instanced planets, for completely understandable reasons. And you get Bad Spelling because... well if you type in a way lik this then get bad speling (And bad grammar, for that matter).
    I put lol and :D in there am not for real I did thank all did I. love no hate in any of my comments