Nest of Orion- "Hope, Peace, Unity"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So... what exactly are the resource boosts on GenX that you can do all that?
    Is it plentiful shops and even more plentiful credits, or is it a huge mining multiplier?

EDIT - I remembered that GenX has that mass limit, so a relatively powerful ship there is much less costly than a relatively powerful ship elsewhere.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They're still solid 500k block ships. Not necessarily big, per se, but still decently sized. As to the multipliers, there's not a single miner at the NFD base because we've basically got everything worked out with some nice trade deals in which the other partners know nothing about how much we're selling their blocks for. All in all, the BPs are cheap to us since we've got millions upon millions of blocks stored up in reserve, and soon to be hundreds of BPs waiting to be spawned in the event that we lose one. That said we (the entire alliance) have yet to actually lose a ship on GenX, the players there aren't exactly... proficient... let's say. We've been fighting well above our sizes and came out with little to no damage almost all the time.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Angel Works would like to apply for NO

As sign of good will we'll hand over an Alesia Class Frigate refited for NFD (free of charge) :D
    Your ship is very impressive, but, you should probably be aware that...

NOTICE:

As of this time, voting is completed and a majority has been achieved, so as of June 29th, 2015, Nest of Orion is closing acceptance of factions until a later date which is still to be determined. Should a faction be interested in joining, please message a NO official your intent to join, and you will be taken into consideration the moment recruitment opens up again.
    Recruitment is currently closed.

FlyingDebris, can you edit that into the main post, please?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Sputdick 1 is now in orbit of Rotterdam, after numerous revisions and casualties by push cannon to the face.

Reactions: Jaaskinal

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Sputdick 1 is now in orbit of Rotterdam, after numerous revisions and casualties by push cannon to the face.
    You're getting riding the rocket confused with "riding the rocket".

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Meanwhule at Corinth (NFD HQ)

WORKING

FUCKING

WARP

GATES.

thryn pls make working gate pls ;-;

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Progress update

As of this time, the Nest of Orion has entered war with the faction Dread Syndicate, after an initial Dread attack on Thryn assets and NFD's subsequent intervention. Trident has also began assisting the NO member states in the war effort. Dread Syndicate is a large faction, currently the largest in GenXNova, with over 20 members and powerful warships. Despite the nature of the attack Nest of Orion is keeping civil. So far neither side has suffered any real damage.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    My faction ( :P) and I shall have to sit this one out. I do not agree with this war at all and think it shouldn't be more than a small battle. Even then, a small battle is a little much.

These are the descriptions of the Dread Syndicate attack on the Thryn Monarchy
    I attacked out of sheer boredom one of NFD "allies" (Thryn) and then continued on my way to attack some more random factions, Little did I know they were in fact allied with NFD. Of course I don't expect them not to be mad at this, and would have fully understood "Hey your a fucking dick" to be their reply.
    NOTICE:
    Earlier today, they attacked the Thryn Monarchy for no reason whatsoever. Nothing was destroyed, and they fled the system when the Thryn member online at the time engaged in TMS Gargarin.

This is from the Nest of Orion charter
    Should Nest of Orion factions come under attack by an entity, it is permitted to attack in retaliation using resources in proportion to the attacker’s experience, resources, and behavior.
    Q: Will you guys shoot at me?

A: Only if you give us reason to. Even then, unless you screwed up big time and did something genuinely evil, we'll respond more or less proportionally to you to keep things interesting.

Now, keeping that in mind, this, is the response to the attack.

A Thryn patrol of 4 members is underway as we speak to prosecute the ship with a chance to steal it.

We're working on finishing up the new Armstrong class assault carriers to begin a full invasion of their systems.

Their faction is twice our size and evidently have moderately decent ships utilizing swarm missiles, so it'll be all hands on deck for the next few days until we destroy the BRM Watcher, their only titan at present, as well as the other remaining vessels in their fleet.
    This, and the vote in the Skype channel the other day (What, yesterday I think?) that was not approved by the council first as karkinosz said it should have been, make it hard for me to take the Nest of Orion seriously and the charter as more than arbitrary.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Dread Syndicate has over 20 members and a respectable number of ships, as far as Thryn's visit to their system showed. They attacked us specifically because they were bored and want to start conflict, so we're responding with equal levels of resources.

Also, Thryn's patrol was literally just 3 people sitting in cannon computers on a permacloaked jumper that Az was flying. If anything, that was significantly UNDER responding, considering how they sent a 106k mass ship right at the 500k block limit to Rotterdam and started firing off swarm missiles. We could have shown up in Gagarins and Apollyons and actually done some damage, but we chose not to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Tinsy you seemed to be misinformed about the counter attack Thyrn made, which they were/are free to decide on their own outside of NO. It was 4 members with as far as I know the biggest ship having a mass around 500, far from the max limit ship Zackey used.

Also considering DS is maybe one of the few factions on GenX that can actually handle us attacking them full force we have yet to actually do any organised attacks.

Then as far as I know there was no vote made involving DS, so I am a bit lost as to what you are talking about and request clarification in our normal communication channels.

(Btw none of us expect a one man faction to participate in a war/battle.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Dread Syndicate has over 20 members and a respectable number of ships, as far as Thryn's visit to their system showed. They attacked us specifically because they were bored and want to start conflict, so we're responding with equal levels of resources.

Also, Thryn's patrol was literally just 3 people sitting in cannon computers on a permacloaked jumper that Az was flying. If anything, that was significantly UNDER responding, considering how they sent a 106k mass ship right at the 500k block limit to Rotterdam and started firing off swarm missiles. We could have shown up in Gagarins and Apollyons and actually done some damage, but we chose not to.
    This is a very important quote here
    NOTICE:
    Earlier today, they attacked the Thryn Monarchy for no reason whatsoever. Nothing was destroyed, and they fled the system when the Thryn member online at the time engaged in TMS Gargarin.

Tinsy you seemed to be misinformed about the counter attack Thyrn made, which they were/are free to decide on their own outside of NO. It was 4 members with as far as I know the biggest ship having a mass around 500, far from the max limit ship Zackey used.

Also considering DS is maybe one of the few factions on GenX that can actually handle us attacking them full force we have yet to actually do any organised attacks.

Then as far as I know there was no vote made involving DS, so I am a bit lost as to what you are talking about and request clarification in our normal communication channels.

(Btw none of us expect a one man faction to participate in a war/battle.)
    The vote was something I'm sure is probably confidential, we wouldn't want someone outside NO to know of it, since I don't think it passed yet. If I'm asked by someone with the authority I'll reveal it to the masses. It wasn't anything to do with DS though. In the meantime I'll tell you in a pm.

All of this I only know from what was said on the forums, you can see the full messages I'm quoting by clicking on that little blue arrow. FD's message on the NFD thread declaring war is the only thing I've seen describing the counter attack so far. If his description is inaccurate and it was only three or four people you have my apologies. In any case, war is somewhat less than proportional, and again, this is a very important quote:
    Nothing was destroyed, and they fled the system

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think Deb meant to say nothing of IMPORTANCE was destroyed. We lost maybe 50 total mass. Some cores floating around, and two very small ships built by a recruit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Tinsy you seemed to be misinformed about the counter attack Thyrn made, which they were/are free to decide on their own outside of NO.)
    Joining such an alliance suggests that you'll follow the rules of that alliance.
    Should Nest of Orion factions come under attack by an entity, it is permitted to attack in retaliation using resources in proportion to the attacker’s experience, resources, and behavior.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436918678,1436918550][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think Deb meant to say nothing of IMPORTANCE was destroyed. We lost maybe 50 total mass. Some cores floating around, and two very small ships built by a recruit.
    Well then I apologize for the misunderstanding, again, all I had to go on was FD's post. Still though, 50 mass isn't a lot and shouldn't constitute a war.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'll just throw my bit in here:

I don't know who's right or not, but what I do know is Tinsy doesn't want to get involved. I don't want to sound mean or offensive when I say this, but it's only him right now. He needs to build ships that only he can build, and he isn't ready for war. If NO wants to go to war, they'll have to leave Tinion Armada out of it.