Nest of Orion- "Hope, Peace, Unity"

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Voting was just completed, and you are accepted!

Should you or any of your members wish to join our skype channel, feel free to PM me your contact information and I'll add you.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Added Tinion Armada to member factions. Welcome to N.O, Tinsy! We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Reactions: I_is_Tinsy
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I trust there's no objection to putting the current member factions on the TA allies list?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    As High Admiral of the Adenian Royal Navy, I hereby ask to be voted upon for membership of the Nest of Orion. Because cool people deserve to have a cool alliance full of other cool people, right? Right? Riiiiight?

Pretty sure all you cool cats know where my thread is, but Just In Case.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Current member factions:
    • Nova Fleet Dynamics - Leaders: FlyingDebris, Creeper_God
    • Thryn Monarchy - Leaders: Azereiah, Jaaskinal
    • Trident Industries - Leader: Jake Lancia
    • Great Novgorod Republic - Leaders: Markon, Councillor_Marek
    • The Tinion Armada - Leader: I_is_Tinsy
    Is it too much to ask for the TA to become this color? :P

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    NOTICE:

As of this time, voting is completed and a majority has been achieved, so as of June 29th, 2015, Nest of Orion is closing acceptance of factions until a later date which is still to be determined. Should a faction be interested in joining, please message a NO official your intent to join, and you will be taken into consideration the moment recruitment opens up again.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Awwww yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
    more people joining :D

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score

After a local pirate gang fled the tiny planetary outpost they had set up near Corinth Base, Nest of Orion forces swiftly moved in and secured the location, followed by setting up a picnic table (the local cuisine is delicious) and a Coreball field (Jaaskinal: 1, Azereiah: 1)

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    THE OCCUPATION OF PLANET BOB IS A RESOUNDING SUCCESS!

Come on Aze, be dramatic when you're writing a news post. It looks better for the crowd...

...sheesh, fuckin' casuals.

So, anyways, let me elaborate on this little incident. This pirate faction called Piratitus tried to steal an NFD Argos class docked to Corinth.

There were the broken halves of two turrets left to suggest they had even been there in the first place.

So, they set up a little planetary base not more than a jump from Corinth just to piss us off. Or maybe they were lazy. I dunno. I fly there, issue an ultimatum stating that they were going to leave the planet or we'd bash them into oblivion. (Which probably wasn't going to happen anyways, they aren't even in our timezone afaik.)

So, I realize a few hours ago that *hey, they no longer have a homebase.*

I fly back out to the planet, aaaand they've taken the core I left and unclaimed the outpost.

I go on the NO chat, call up whoever's interested. We got a solid four (would've been five, sorry you couldn't come, Anti. :( ) people online at two in the morning, fly ourselves out there after regrouping at Corinth. After I scouted the base, I instructed Jaas to commandeer a docked ship while Aze, Huggy, and I rummage around the factories and storages. We departed in an Aquarius from the hangar of NFD Argos-202 and touched down in the middle of the enemy outpost. Jaas ran right up inside the ship, turned it over to NO control, and the rest of us began to offload the factories into the Aquarius as well as the commandeered ship. Aaaaaaaaand my internet cut out for forty five minutes. Word of advice, never use Earthlink as your ISP. So, after bitching to customer support, it finally screeches back to life. I join to find Jaas and Aze playing a game of Coreball while Huggy dines on Yholes on a picnic table with both ships resting in the background. I was genuinely confused, and thought that somehow the players owning the outpost had come online, killed them, and continued to build their base. Nah. These goofballs built a coreball arena on a base they were in the middle of taking over. Eventually, we get a notification that someone entered NFD space without permission. Now, I'm already pissed from my connection, so I hop in the Argos and fly myself on over there, muttering into chat ghe words "Alright listen up. I'm already in a piss-poor mood tonight. Whichever [*oh my*] entered NFD space, you've got ten seconds to clear out before I blow your [*good heavens*] apart." Aze and I arrived, scanned, and there was nobody to be found.

Unsurprisingly.

We then returned to our newly occupied planet, and finished up the occupation before we all headed home and went to sleep a few million blocks richer. Pictures of the initial orbital bombardment and descent to the surface to come tomorrow. Have a nice night, everyone!

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    THE OCCUPATION OF PLANET BOB IS A RESOUNDING SUCCESS!

Come on Aze, be dramatic when you're writing a news post. It looks better for the crowd...

...sheesh, fuckin' casuals.
    That's more like it Debby! That's how you make a news post!
    And sorry I couldn't be there to witness it all but ya know, real life (yeah, that magical domain that takes over your mind) took over.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Progress Report: July 5th, 2015

So, here's some of the stuff we've been doing on GenX:

First, there was a player named Protagnis who said he could beat any NO ship in combat.

NFD Argos next to the remains of Protagnis' ship outside of his homebase
    He didn't last long.

Then, there was the faction called Piratitus that tried to steal NO ships.

NFD Argos and TMS Apollyon rallying around Corinth before warping directly to the planet to begin the assault

The NFD Aquarius being prepped for launch inside the hangar of the NFD Argos

The invasion team descending to the planet's surface from the NFD Argos as the TMS Apollyon stands guard

The view from the planet a day before its destruction

The remains of the planet, as seen from the cockpit of NFD Rockhopper
    The resources we got from their factories were quite useful, and the game of coreball we played on their planet while we were invading it was very fun.

More recently, two pirates stole a ship from one of our allies. They conveniently flew directly into NFD space and camped out a few sectors from the base feeling all powerful.

The stolen ship

NFD Argos and its prize. The ship (18k mass) was taken down in a single shot from the Argos' main cannon.
    We returned the ship to its rightful owner, albeit with a few new dents in it. I'm sure they'll buff out.

Then, the same people showed up at the Trident homebase and tried to steal a ship. Astronaut and 1k mass boarder vs. a destroyer. The ship they were trying to steal was a bit damaged, but it's fine.

The damaged Trident ship

Mind you, we're not all war and destruction over here at NO. At the same time we've been doing this, we've been working together to reduce lag on the server by hunting down and warning/destroying people mining planets during primetime, something that consistently drives server pings well into the multiple thousands. It's now been three days since anyone has caused lag and not stopped after we asked them to.

Along with this, we've handed out millions of blocks of whatever type newer players ask for whenever we're at spawn. Just recently, we gave away two destroyers and a few frigates to players who happened to be at spawn, the blueprints of which had more than a million blocks combined. Along with this, we have been making regular runs to spawn for the sole purpose of handing out blocks and assisting noobs if they need anything.

The players of GenXNova are safe in the hands of NO.

A Trident Industries Argos class destroyer (left) and a Nova Fleet Dynamics Argos class destroyer (right) patrolling spawn looking for new players to help out.