Nest of Orion- "Hope, Peace, Unity"

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Nest of Orion is hereby open and established.
    (Charter doc link- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bn63l3Uaay3n8N4ayvEbQSkPGuQI-ArKSjRW-vOn8Ps/edit?usp=sharing )

Articles of the Alliance-

Article One

Goals

Nest of Orion is an alliance geared towards:

A) Providing a safe haven for new players to build themselves up,

B) Assisting our fellow factions in growing in both size and ability, and

C) Expanding and advancing the community by way of creativity and cooperation.

Article Two

Warfare

Should Nest of Orion factions come under attack by an entity, it is permitted to attack in retaliation using resources in proportion to the attacker’s experience, resources, and behavior.

In the event that a Nest of Orion faction starts a war with another faction, the other NO factions have the option to assist them in the war, however they are not required to. Should a NO faction come under attack, assistance is requested but if the ability of a faction to assist is such that the assistance will be ineffective to the overall outcome of the war then it is not required.

Article Three

Acceptance

Any and all factions are allowed to apply for Nest of Orion status and benefits, and acceptance into Nest of Orion is dependent on a vote by the leaders of all the current Nest of Orion factions at the time of the application. They are put in on a trial period of one month, at the end of which the members of the other factions will vote on whether or not to let them stay.

Article Four

General Rules

1- Factions can be removed from Nest of Orion by way of a majority vote by the process discussed in Article Six.

2- Discrimination by way of gender, nationality, race, income level, or otherwise is strictly prohibited.

3- NO factions are not required to be entirely friendly, however it is requested that arguments on the forums be kept to a minimum and preferably not initiated by NO members.

4- In a faction debate, questions asked must be answered. Do not skirt around the issue at hand.

5- If a NO faction is established on a server with experienced members, it is not permitted to utilize “Doomcubes” or “System bricks” other than salvage craft. This includes but is not limited to- Cubes of systems with a single layer of hull, masses of systems added haphazardly via advanced build mode, or ships designed with minimal effort.

Article Five

Communications

Voice communications are not required but are advised. NO will have three skype channels. One for the leaders of member factions, one for the leaders and officers of member factions, and one for every member of NO factions.

Article Six

Voting

Ideas or suggestions will be submitted to an inner council of elected or appointed members to vote on the suggestions. If the vote passes, the suggestion is sent to voting by the members of all the allied factions. Each player gets exactly one vote and voting will end a day after at least half of the players in the NO factions have voted. On issues that are time critical and there is not enough time for players to vote, there may be a leaders-only vote. In the event of a leaders-only vote, each faction gets two votes to be distributed among its leadership as desired.

Article Seven

Alterations to the Charter

Any part of this charter may be altered by a vote among the members and leadership of the NO factions at any time through the democratic process set in place in Article Six in the interests of keeping the spirit of the charter intact.

Article Eight

Signatures

Below are the signatures of the leaders of the current signed member factions of Nest of Orion, in verification of and agreement with, the Nest of Orion charter as stated above.

-FlyingDebris, Nova Fleet Dynamics

-Jake_Lancia, Trident Industries

Q&A-

Q: Can I join?

A: If by joining you mean bringing your faction along with you, we'll put it up to a vote. If by joining you mean joining as a player, it will depend on whether or not you have a faction. If you do have a faction, your faction can apply for admission into NO. If you don't you can join a NO faction or create one and then apply to NO with that faction.

Q: Will you guys shoot at me?

A: Only if you give us reason to. Even then, unless you screwed up big time and did something genuinely evil, we'll respond more or less proportionally to you to keep things interesting.

Q: I don't want to apply, but I'd like advice on how to create a faction.

A: No problem, we're glad to help you either way. It's recommended you talk to one of the faction leaders in NO and ask them about how they set their own factions up for advice and pointers.

Q: How do I apply my faction to NO?

A: Simply post on this thread that you're interested with a bit of information about your faction and a link to your forum thread. (if you have one) Voting on accepting you will commence as soon as you post the application, and may be completed in as little as a few minutes depending on how many of us are online at the time.

Last edited:

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Current member factions:
    • Nova Fleet Dynamics - Leaders: FlyingDebris, Creeper_God
    • Great Novgorod Republic - Leaders: Markon, Councillor_Marek
    • House Dimir - Leader: Leadership unknown

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hmm... Maybe I'll revive the TA and join. I must contemplate over this.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    And we're finally forumside! It was nice to work together on this charter, guys. Hope we have a successful run as an alliance.

I'll just go pop this into Lecic's Faction History.
    Thanks, I was about to do it myself!

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Current member factions:
    • Nova Fleet Dynamics - Leader: FlyingDebris
    • Thryn Monarchy - Leaders: Azereiah, Jaaskinal
    • Trident Industries - Leader: Jake Lancia
    You forgot Creeper_God. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So...

Child of Kern v2.0?

Jokes aside, this will be interesting, perhaps something apart from homebase staring can happen now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great Novgorod Republic would like to apply to join the nest of orion. At the moment we are only a forumside faction due to the fact that the leader and vice-leader are both indisposed to playing starmade however if we were accepted into 'the nest' we would be happy to help out with votes, advise, discussions etc. We believe the main points of this 'charter' so to speak are very much in agreement with our internal policies and we would be honoured to join. If there is a specific joining protocol other than the one mentioned in article four, please let me know and I will write a submission in a required format.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'll start the vote, we should have it done soon.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435267217,1435265544][/DOUBLEPOST]Voting was just completed, and you have been accepted!

EDIT: If you'd like to have your faction colors added to the banner, please let me know what they are. If you'd like to be added to the NO Skype group, please PM me your address. If any of your members would like to be added, please have them do the same.

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    What is NoO's relation to Odium?
    That would probably depend on how the members of NO view you. Considering how it's NFD, Thryn, and Trident, I'm sure we love you and wish to give you all of our affection.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Voting was just completed, and you have been accepted!
    Very much appreciated. Happy to be on board and if you need help with anything give me a shout and I'll speak with the other members.
    I'll start the vote, we should have it done soon.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435267217,1435265544][/DOUBLEPOST]Voting was just completed, and you have been accepted!

EDIT: If you'd like to have your faction colors added to the banner, please let me know what they are. If you'd like to be added to the NO Skype group, please PM me your address. If any of your members would like to be added, please have them do the same.
    Most of our ships are in black and dark blue with the faction symbol shown below. Not sure how to add that to the banner in all honesty.

Is there a starmadedock group for the faction as my skype doesn't work very well...?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Very much appreciated. Happy to be on board and if you need help with anything give me a shout and I'll speak with the other members.

Most of our ships are in black and dark blue with the faction symbol shown below. Not sure how to add that to the banner in all honesty.

Is there a starmadedock group for the faction as my skype doesn't work very well...?
    Possibly could be a tricolor with blue, white and orange :P