Negative Review: Mikelands AUS Server - My (Unfortunate) Experience

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This bit. Why warp to someone elses homebase to avoid killing people?
    I moving there to kill DireVenom (who was not in the other player's faction but in a faction on his own). He has been an enemy to the non-admin faction for some time.

And if you knew what was happening, why not disable the turrets?
    Didn't know the missing setting was fixed. Thanks for the 'complete' bugfix list in the update notes. Turned off once I was informed the setting was fixed.

More over, why is the spawn not protected?
    Spawn is protected. They left the protection area.

It also seems as though those 3 noobs were in a faction together? Would be weird for a small faction to be hanging around spawn, nor would I think they would have set up personal enemies on someone randomly.
    They declare war on the faction due to the 'declare war on hostile action' being set in their faction settings. Why set this when you're not ready to make war? I destroyed a ship that did not meet the server rules.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    They declare war on the faction due to the 'declare war on hostile action' being set in their faction settings. Why set this when you're not ready to make war? I destroyed a ship that did not meet the server rules.
    That is a self-defense thing. If something does not meet server rules, then it should be dealt with as a admin with a command. Don't expect people to compromise how everyone plays the game (I don't think I've seen any faction that doesn't use Auto-dec, it's important to keep themselves from being completely flattened, especially at the beginning).

I'm not 100% on the turrets on/off being fixed, the only reason it was broke though was it was forgotten, so I would assume that it's been corrected by now, a couple updates later.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The players who were being killed (three people, not five) set me as enemy, not the other way around. The turrets on the ship killed them a few times as they tried to fly away from spawn in bare cores. With the time limit on death penalties they would have only suffered loss from the first death. I then warped to your homebase warpgate at 7,2,2 to avoid killing them more. **EDIT: These players are still playing on the server. **
    So they didn't declare war on you on purpose, you attacked them first?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So they didn't declare war on you on purpose, you attacked them first?
    Shock horror! PvP on a PvP server between non-admin players.

Hey, I'll put a bounty up on ships that aren't in line with the rules for the server. Take a screenshot (F6) before you destroy it to show it was indeed against the rules, then a 2nd screenshot to show it's been destroyed, then post it on the Mikeland forums and I'll pay you (from the non-admin account) 100 million credits.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thank you very much Mike!
    I really appreciate it.
    Only problem that I was not docked to my home base and hanging around it when K10wNs ship suddenly appeared and started firing at me. I only survived because I quickly docked to my home base.
    I then had to stay docked for a few minutes while k10 continued to plaster me with with missiles (he said he went there so his ship would stop spawn killing people, he couldve just deactivated turrets)

Also isnt it funny how the only player who goes around blowing stuff up is an admin? Hes the only Kill on Site player ive seen on the server.
    Regardless of any of our intentions, verbally abusing players is not right and it should not have happened.

EDIT: The reason why so many players are enemies of k10 'Joshuas' account is that he likes to go round shooting ships at spawn.
    I didnt even attack him and he decided to hunt down and destroy all my stuff. Which is fair since pvp is allowed, but k10 is the only player who actually does that... and having teleported around the players a lot he knows where everything is kept.....

K10 had teleported to my bases before..... he knew VERY well were everything was kept.
    If k10 is clear of wrong doing then why are there so many who say otherwise?
    This isn't the first thread about him.

Cheers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    going to add my 2 cents here, when exodus became battle ready and we started the crusades we encountered nothing but problems and harassment for PvP so i have pretty much had it with this petty crap honestly grow up to yourselves its a game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    ALSO the reason why i was an enemy of Joshuas faction:
    ---I used to be in the same faction as him
    ---HOWEVER one day i logged in and id been kicked, fair enough, he didnt like me evn though id been a member for months.
    --- Only problem was that i was stuck inside my own ship which was now in a differnt faction since id been kicked.
    --- K10 refused to help.
    --- I used a torch to cut my way out of my own ship, thus causing a auto WAR declare.
    --- I had tons of stuff on me so couldnt commit suicide.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Unless the server has never been restarted in it's history, the old logs are static. The game makes a new log.txt.0 and turns the old one into log.txt.1 and so on, and even if it is the live feed, it isnt hard to pull out a snippet.
    The logging will log until the file reaches 4MB then it creates a new log, up to a maxiumum of 20 log files. Our server restarts daily automatically at 2am - and I only have 20 log files - sometimes it's the last few days, sometimes a little longer, sometimes a little less (depending on the rate of logging).

I certainly don't have a history of all logs since forever. I do have a mechanism to manually archive off logs once per day into a folder named as the current date - but that's not a function native to StarMade.

Posts by yourself and RabidBat indicate logs are kept forever - but that's not what I see.

I asked about log files here ages ago, and the 20 file rotation is what confirmed by someone else - and I remember lamenting that at the time because I knew I was then up for devising a log archiving strategy.

Reaction score
    Why do you continue with this Rabid? You were banned from the server with no chance of it ever being removed before the ticket was answered. Yes I answered your ticket. No one else wanted to deal with your crap anymore.
    Welcome to how forums and discussions work. I am just as you are to put my two cents worth in. My views on this matter are relevant. Here's a tip if you do not like what I have to say don't read my posts and reply. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Simples hey?

And um I wasn't banned when you replied to the ticket. But thanks for showing your true colours and that I was going to be nailed from the get go regardless of circumstances and evidence. End of the day buddy you run the server badly and your interaction with other people needs a tonne of work considering your role. That's a fact.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Welcome to how forums and discussions work. I am just as you are to put my two cents worth in. My views on this matter are relevant. Here's a tip if you do not like what I have to say don't read my posts and reply. Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Simples hey?

And um I wasn't banned when you replied to the ticket. But thanks for showing your true colours and that I was going to be nailed from the get go regardless of circumstances and evidence. End of the day buddy you run the server badly and your interaction with other people needs a tonne of work considering your role. That's a fact.
    When you speak lies do i have any choice but to defend myself?

Ticket lodged on May 5th 3:19pm. Added to Persona-Non-Grata list May 7th 11:40pm. I replied to the Ticket 27 minutes later. Sucks when things keep time stamped logs hey.

Reaction score
    Posts by yourself and RabidBat indicate logs are kept forever - but that's not what I see.
    That's not what I was getting at at all.
    I indicated you say you view logs but you do not, and if the logs are over written you will not accept any other valid forms of proof offered to you. I mean if the logs were read then you would of seen claims players had made and themselves witnessed. Either that or your logging system is broken. I mean I also indicated I know how the logging system works. I also indicated that the admin polices himself and well most logical people know that never ends well.

But feel free to verify with me in future what it is I am actually saying instead of making incorrect assumptions.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of the day nothing is going to change. That's what everyone not affiliated with Mikelands needs to realise. If you do play on the server then you need to understand there will be no challenging Klown and his authority, if you get on his radar you may as well save your time and energy and not lodge tickets or try to resolve the matter and just find a new server. Even if you can back up any concerns with hard facts they'll be overlooked and met with strawman arguments and fabrications.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436163855,1436163494][/DOUBLEPOST]
    When you speak lies do i have any choice but to defend myself?

Ticket lodged on May 5th 3:19pm. Added to Persona-Non-Grata list May 7th 11:40pm. I replied to the Ticket 27 minutes later. Sucks when things keep time stamped logs hey.
    Ticket lodged, banned 2 days later. You reply to ticket which is a complaint about you after the player is banned.
    Thanks for showing and offering proof once more of how you deal with things, very good mechanic of solving problems you have in place.

Any ways no point talking with you and Mike, it'll just go round in circles. I'll just stick with talking to the others on the thread I think.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Also isnt it funny how the only player who goes around blowing stuff up is an admin? Hes the only Kill on Site player ive seen on the server.
    Regardless of any of our intentions, verbally abusing players is not right and it should not have happened.
    You should read your own client's chat log and see who it was throwing the verbal abuse.

EDIT: The reason why so many players are enemies of k10 'Joshuas' account is that he likes to go round shooting ships at spawn.
    I didnt even attack him and he decided to hunt down and destroy all my stuff. Which is fair since pvp is allowed, but k10 is the only player who actually does that... and having teleported around the players a lot he knows where everything is kept.....
    I'm not the faction leader, nor am I the one who sets or unsets enemy. A kill order was given and I just did what was expected from the faction leader. He would have flown there himself if it wasn't so far away and he wasn't so pressed for time.

K10 had teleported to my bases before..... he knew VERY well were everything was kept.
    If k10 is clear of wrong doing then why are there so many who say otherwise?
    I have explained to you how your non-protected base was not 'hidden' and was very easy to find by a non-admin player. I did not need to (or would) use admin means to locate it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    End of the day nothing is going to change. That's what everyone not affiliated with Mikelands needs to realise. If you do play on the server then you need to understand there will be no challenging Klown and his authority, if you get on his radar you may as well save your time and energy and not lodge tickets or try to resolve the matter and just find a new server. Even if you can back up any concerns with hard facts they'll be overlooked and met with strawman arguments and fabrications.

Any ways no point talking with you and Mike, it'll just go round in circles. I'll just stick with talking to the others on the thread I think.
    Very true. You do not want to piss k10wN off.
    Next time you log on you'll find all your stuff gone and a ban coming.
    If k10s in the clear then why does he feel the need to pursue his case?

The rest of mikelands great though!! Its a real treat playing with them.

EDIT: Your making assumptions K10, When I went off for a few months that base was left undefended with jumpgates wide open. NOT ONCE did anyone find it or take any of the free stuff that was there.
    You knew where it was and are just making excuses.
    Why are you being like this?? You used to be fair but firm. I liked that k10

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ticket lodged, banned 2 days later. You reply to ticket which is a complaint about you after the player is banned.
    Thanks for showing and offering proof once more of how you deal with things, very good mechanic of solving problems you have in place.
    You were not just banned when I replied to the ticket. You were set Persona-non-grata. No chance of redeeming yourself. My reply was to close the ticket from the system, not for your benefit.

Reaction score
    You were not just banned when I replied to the ticket. You were set Persona-non-grata. No chance of redeeming yourself. My reply was to close the ticket from the system, not for your benefit.
    You really take everything literally don't you. Regardless you've shown you had it in for me the moment I raised concerns about your behaviour.
    Talking to you is like being on the wrongplanet, simple communication with others seems a difficult thing for you.

Again though freewill is a wonderful thing. Done talking to you buddy.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You really take everything literally don't you. Regardless you've shown you had it in for me the moment I raised concerns about your behaviour.
    Talking to you is like being on the wrongplanet, simple communication with others seems a difficult thing for you.

Again though freewill is a wonderful thing. Done talking to you buddy.
    Funny is how when the facts do truly show what happened you then resort to personal attacks.

Reaction score
    Done talking to you, which part of that do you not understand. No personal attacks, just stating you are a difficult person to have a discussion with. Again done with you so please stop reading my posts and quoting and replying to me and you won;t have to worry about my views on anything. Like everyone maybe else use some self control and personal responsibility.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    That's not what I was getting at at all.
    I indicated you say you view logs but you do not, and if the logs are over written you will not accept any other valid forms of proof offered to you.
    That's not true. I do view logs when there is an issue when the logs will assist in determining a problem.

I mean if the logs were read then you would of seen claims players had made and themselves witnessed. Either that or your logging system is broken.
    If the OP makes a ticket in our ticket system, then I will look at the logs. My logging system was not broken, it was keeping logs with the daily backups of one backup per day, for 7 days - A month or so ago I devised a new system keeping all logs archived separately, as I found 7 days too short. You seem to be jumping to some fairly big conclusions about my internal systems without knowing anything about it.

I mean I also indicated I know how the logging system works. I also indicated that the admin polices himself and well most logical people know that never ends well.
    But feel free to verify with me in future what it is I am actually saying instead of making incorrect assumptions.
    I kinda feel like I'm being attacked here for no real reason... I thought my contribution to this thread was rather neutral and passive.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This thread has once again gone off topic and turned into a flame fest should be locked

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    This thread has once again gone off topic and turned into a flame fest should be locked
    Locking a thread is mainly used to create an example. The better course of action in this case would be to report the flaming/off-topic posts and have them removed, since there is no 'example' that can be taken from it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.