Negative Review: Mikelands AUS Server - My (Unfortunate) Experience

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Okay so why would Freak bother committing a crime that didn't even impact your server? How does anyone benefit from that? The jigsaw pieces aren't fitting together.
    He was asked to by RabidBat - he tried, but could not find an attack vector.

[10:04:03] <Freak> oh well i was called cause mr k1own banned one of my friends and his friends for hacking

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yes because his friend could only be Rabid...

Your still taking a person who clearly does/wants to shady stuff that is illegal words as nothing other than a complete truth.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Keep in mind everything this Freak person mentioned had already been publicly posted on the Mikelands forum, so he could have easily gotten the information he needed off of there
    I actually was quoting from Freak's own patebin (which has since been removed). I was in the IRC chat with Freak - I know what happened and when.

I can't believe you are so convinced I am somehow fabricating this whole thing. What is more plausible? Me making all this up, or what I stated happened actually happened?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    ....He is like me pointing out that Freak could have just told you shit because he could.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I've not seen this level of paranoia since "COCK" tried to join the NFD server without being whitelisted.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ok guys, were getting a bit off topic.
    Im lodging a ticket now, so there isn't much need for further discussion.
    Thank you to everyone who has posted

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok guys, were getting a bit off topic.
    Im lodging a ticket now, so there isn't much need for further discussion.
    Thank you to everyone who has posted
    Nothing is going to happen lol. K10wN will remain the one and only admin overlord and at most all you'll be is unbanned. As you said though, playing on the server is unbearable with his presence so being unbanned is rather pointless.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nothing is going to happen lol. K10wN will remain the one and only admin overlord and at most all you'll be is unbanned. As you said though, playing on the server is unbearable with his presence so being unbanned is rather pointless.
    DireVenom was not banned. His whinge has nothing to do with any actions of admin. He had his non-homebase destroyed by a non-admin player and wanted to complain about. He has got it into his head that admin means were used to find his 'hidden' base which was really in plain sight to any player.

If I recall rightly, that's the same thing you used to do when you were allowed to play here.

Still waiting for that ticket DireVenom.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    DireVenom was not banned. His whinge has nothing to do with any actions of admin. He had his non-homebase destroyed by a non-admin player and wanted to complain about. He has got it into his head that admin means were used to find his 'hidden' base which was really in plain sight to any player.

If I recall rightly, that's the same thing you used to do when you were allowed to play here.

Oh he wasn't even banned? Yeah literally nothing is going to happen then.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Your simpsons avatar does not help your credibility.

If your admin and you had teleported to the area previously you have knowledge even if you went through the gates all legit you still have the admin advantage,

Reaction score
    Personal attacks Mike? Yet here you are falsely still accusing me of employing a hacker against you.

Based on what evidence? Some random, according to you that is, mentioning my name in some random chat room.

Thing is I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you had that experience. But like you I also know what happened as in I had nothing to do with it. But like wise you've not once given me a single benefit of the doubt, and you and klown have both taken that same attitude with people trying to prove things to you. Of course Klown is defensive he knows what he is doing and he knows if you actually looked into it properly and listened to your player base he stands to lose a lot of his power and his virtual kingdom.

You have a bad habit of not doing unto others that which you expect they do unto you. Seriously everything you have thrown around at people can very easily be applied to you as you can see for yourself.

Even when video or logical explanations is offered it is met with "Sorry not good enough, evidence can be faked" from you and especially klown. So how can you expect any of us to take you seriously when you have clearly shown you're not interested in addressing the problems brought up when the outcome might show your admin is indeed abusing his role. You've been anything but impartial on the subject. It is like you fear any form of criticism, constructive or otherwise.
    And that my friend is why people get narky with you. Kind of like how you get upset when you're treated the same way.

We tried to approach you and discuss things in a proper fashion but instantly the defences went up and people were mocked and words twisted or ignored. If someone provided you with evidence to back up their claims it was ignored and a new false logic was bought into it. Problems were skirted around.

Like how things went from false accusations of hacks to exploiting, from one thing to another as Klown and your arguments got shot down.
    Like how every time I mention the ticket I lodged and how Klown addressed it himself when the complaint was about him the only person who responds about it is Klown, not you.
    And now others unconnected to us are having the same issues and being vocal about it you're back to the same methods.

Like bringing up once more the false accusations of me employing hackers and mentioning personal attacks instead of discussing the issues being raised with your administration.

Can you not see the problem here? That people are saying the same thing repeatedly? Surely not every one can be wrong.

People say the same thing. Your server is a good one, nobody can deny that. They say they appreciate you allowing them to play on it. But they also state there is a problem with your staff, a single guy given free reign who goes unchecked.
    Maybe instead of responding in a hostile and paranoid fashion and seeing personal attacks everywhere, you take a moment to talk and listen to your player base.

A good server means jack when it is managed badly. I mean we've played on many servers, some pretty bad and laggy and we've not experienced anything like we have with yours.

And I can tell you now, if your staff keeps up their negative and hostile behaviour towards your player base these kinds of complaints will just become more common as StarMade gets more popular.
    I mean all this is coming about because your admin has no leeway with new players. You only have 5 bans on your list because many are chased from the server shortly after joining and quit the game before they can get banned.
    So you really need to take it seriously. Because more servers are beginning to pop up in Australia that are as technically competent as yours, but the environment in them so far has been much more enjoyable and approachable than yours ended up being.

But yeah I am happy to have a civilised discussion with you any time as I always have been, but when you resort to throwing things like the hacker thing at people like me, or players get banned for not breaking the rules and without proper investigation you cannot be surprised when you're not taken seriously or people react in a hostile fashion over it and give the server negative feedback.

If you cannot take criticism from the public, then make the server whitelisted and private and have people join via application, that way you can make sure you only have the kind of people you want playing. Because as long as it is public the public will play on it and they will express their opinions publicly about it.
    It's just how reality works.

Any ways best of luck with the server. I honestly hope you take something from all this feedback and have a think on it. Because as others have stated you honestly don't seem like a bad guy, you just come off as a bit misguided and over defensive.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436237223,1436235862][/DOUBLEPOST]

Funnily enough it is that same thing that got you harassing us to begin with. Remember when we were accused of hacking to find publicly visible faction bases of those who attacked us first and you were all over us throwing accusations about and being hostile and interrogating young people just straight out telling them "I know you're hacking tell me how to your doing it!!!!" without checking your facts?
    lol pot to kettle moment right there. :rolleyes:

But this is the thing isn't it Klown, when you're the only admin you can behave in the same ways you condemn because you know there is no admin to come delete YOUR ships and ban you from the server and basically treat you the way you treat the player base.
    The irony of that is not lost on us. ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    We've started playing on a new server called CraftAu, and I have to say it thwarts Mikelands. The hardware is on par, there's no lag and huge sectors. The community is great, including the pirates. There's two chill admins who seem friendly and willing to help. The universe was also recently reset, so everyone is rather weak at the moment (perfect time for starting up). One of my favourite parts so far though is the bounty system. Currently the admins manually place bounties on pirates, however they'll soon be implementing a player system where we can place bounties on people ourselves. This is great for PvP as it encourages people to hunt pirates down and get a nice reward. If you still need a new server Dire I highly suggest it :)

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Just gonna say, I'm not much liking your attitude, but that's not my business. Just saying, you're not much helping your case.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437656419,1437653999][/DOUBLEPOST]Good god, looking into this more, both the Clown and Mike appear to be, and please forgive me, massive arseholes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Apparently can't write a negative review on that website if the server owner does not wish to have a negative review. Censorship at its finest.

Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
    I can understand the frustration but at the end of the day beating that war themed dead horse will only end in further frustration, you have your new beginning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.