Implemented more news posts!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Why do people hate Mushroom fleet?
    They don't hate them. They consider it unfair that MF was the only one getting information on future updates. I have no idea how true that is currently. They kinda directed the frustration at MF when it really wasn't their fault. I'll be honest, the devs should have taken the heat for that really. It really boiled down to people thinking MF was getting info because they had a YT channel and it was favoritism.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Why do people hate Mushroom fleet?
    At risk of fanning a potential fire (I'd rather speak my mind honestly though), I don't really care one way or the other about the faction themselves (I actually really enjoy a couple of their member's ships/stations a lot), but there's certainly some favoritism going on towards them that could be unhealthy for the community if it gets out of hand. Like I said, I don't care one way or other about the faction but the channel videos are god awful and it should NOT be a pseudo-official source for new game information because it will do nothing but deter growth when new players see it and get the impression that the community is nothing but Minecraft 2.0.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I understand where you're coming from. We've been working on some stuff you will hear about shortly that in part will hopefully address the issues the community has been bringing up.

Reactions: Criss
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    At risk of fanning a potential fire (I'd rather speak my mind honestly though), I don't really care one way or the other about the faction themselves (I actually really enjoy a couple of their member's ships/stations a lot), but there's certainly some favoritism going on towards them that could be unhealthy for the community if it gets out of hand. Like I said, I don't care one way or other about the faction but the channel videos are god awful and it should NOT be a pseudo-official source for new game information because it will do nothing but deter growth when new players see it and get the impression that the community is nothing but Minecraft 2.0.
    To add to this, certain attitudes are displayed by members that can only be described as haughty and arrogant. I don't appreciate my position on things being dismissed because it wasn't the position you liked. There have also been instances of a certain someone asking for feedback on a sub-par product, and when he gets it he becomes upset that it isn't positive feedback.

For me it's really just a matter of how some of them carry themselves. I would care a whole lot less if I wasn't treated as a peasant just because I don't have the time and resources to maintain a youtube channel.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    <...>
    one thing is certain,some people (as we all know) are really toxic,and would take the soul out of me if i came here more often.
    so i understand that hah
    No, I do not know, please tell me more.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I remember there being something in general discussion a while ago, a bit of an uproar over the apparent lack of updates and devs notes, which were only available if you watched the MF streams when Schema was on them.
    MF Proactively had to organise those Q&A's around the Dev team, Thankfully we were able to do this effectively. We offered to do more and could have hosted them monthly with ease, however issues arose surrounding others that chose to criticise MF involvement halted plans.

(there were 7 Starmade Live Streamers on multitwitch with all aspects of the game covered through pvp and pve events, also a charity was selected for the lead up to the Q&A raising over $600)

As you can see this kind of thing had to be stopped! :)

For the record Schema often joins many streams during parts of development cycles to gain feedback. As I was always ready to check out any new features in dev, he often poked me & others to look at stuff. This was only because i was on everyday for hours at that time. Also I edited down video from livestreams on teh same day, which many streamers do not.

Things like blogs and stuff were shot down because they take work to keep update, which is better focused on the game. In the end, they were planning to revive the official SM youtube channel with various hosts to do updates. No idea what came of that.
    I also was doing the youtube and twitter, as soon as certain people learned of my involvement, they complained and shut me down. It is pretty funny, because I never asked for anything and acted completely voluntarily/impartially in both cases.

I had been nothing but positive and a strong proponent of starmade throughout this period. I hope that the people in charge of the new Dev News are able to deliver, however it is hard to keep everyone happy :D
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426651295,1426650389][/DOUBLEPOST]
    They don't hate them. They consider it unfair that MF was the only one getting information on future updates. I have no idea how true that is currently. They kinda directed the frustration at MF when it really wasn't their fault. I'll be honest, the devs should have taken the heat for that really. It really boiled down to people thinking MF was getting info because they had a YT channel and it was favoritism.
    Set the record straight:
    We never had any privileged information, everything was in fact released by dev's on news posts or in dev builds that were always publicly available.

There is no MushroomFleet Faction, Only a Channel that focuses on game features and player creations. There were over 40 Youtube channels in our group and it was open to all to join. No cost, no requirements, no microtransactions on our public server....

Since beetlebear left I stepped up to the role of getting news out to players, this was never official, simply reporting official news. Everyone wanted someone to do it, but nobody would actually do it.

So I did.

Many channels were promoted directly by my channel when it had more attention coming through and they were new and growing channels. That was the whole point of us banding together. To grow the Starmade community, anyone was welcome. Those that chose not to come and play with us were welcome to that choice - but we never stopped anyone joining :D

We just enjoy playing Starmade, it's really that simple.

Reactions: EmperorVonDoom
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What Tomino Said, cause of his shiny badge.

And im just going to say that anyone could have picked up the slack last year and posted news about Starmade if they just tried, I didn't cause I
    Don't feel like that is my sort of thing. woop!