Mods for starmade?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    AS the title says. Any moders maybe interested in making mods? Like maybe... an FTL:Faster than light type mod? :D I say that would be so awesome!

just a suggestion though

Reaction score
    The thing that makes me most excited about starmade is that it\'s programmed in Java, and I know Java! I\'ve made some mods for Minecraft and am excited to try out some StarMade modding as well.

Reaction score
    The thing is that the code is currently offuscated. The project is too young to see mods. With so many updates, mods would be too difficult to maintaint up-to-date.

However you may want to support my offer of helping the game development : http://star-made.org/content/ship-status

;)

Reaction score
    Even if it\'s too early to start MAKING mods just yet (and let\'s be honest... it\'s -waaaay- too early), the mere fact that this game\'s modability potential is essentially on par with Minecraft... with mods so bafflingly far beyond what the vanilla game provides that it\'s like playing a completely different game... there\'s plenty of cause to be excited.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The game isn\'t even finished yet and you guys want to change it already?

...well maybe a texture mod isn\'t too hard to manage, but I\'m rather pleased with the current ones.

Reaction score
    it would be nice having mods but i would prefer having them in the final beta stages.

anmd i would like to see mods that add ftl speed and others too

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You guys do realize Schema\'s planning on adding a Warp-drive to the game, right?

Reaction score
    I could go for Warp Drives, and also varying colored AMC\'s. Bigger planets and double sided ones!

NPC crew and planet life. Turrets that fire D1000\'s and BB\'s

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    All I want is the ability to make my ship\'s blocks indestructible... it\'s a pain when all the decorative parts get vaporized, and you have to fix it all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s why it\'s called combat, if you had an indestructible ship then it wouldn\'t be combat anymore, it would be just extermination.

And you have shields though.

An improved repair system would be better that basically regenerates the blocks and using blocks from inventory or credits...

And on topic, I am also a Java programmer and I think I\'ll made plugins for this if it has a propper modding API.

Reaction score
    Well, first someone would need to decompile and deobfuscate StarMade, in order to make StarMade Coder\'s pack (MCP equivalent). While I have no idea how, nor time to do this, I know it needs to be done. Next focus then should be some API like MC Forge, then actual mods may follow.

@Askaholic, can you point me to your MC mods?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If it\'s the Minecraft deal all over again (with alot of modding platforms) it\'s gonna suck, this should\'ve had an actual API inside it from the start :/ but since it\'s still in alpha it\'s not too late...

Reaction score
    Well, Forge can now support mods for all APIs related to Minecraft, including ModLoader and even (temporarily) modify files inside jar (coremods folder) so e.g. changing way beds or clocks behave is possible.

And yes, even with community-made API we should concentrate on one API instead of fragmentation Minecraft has caused (until Forge, as it is today, emerged).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Aliens and other creatures

More bobby AI interaction,

No more instant mine

More ambient music and sounds.

Faction allies can interact with each other more.

No more indestrutible homebases.

Flowing Lava and Water.

More animations, (Walking on planets ect)

WARNING! THESE ARE ONLY IDEAS TO FURTHER HELP THE GROWTH OF THE GAME!

I KNOW ITS A VERY EARLY GAME!

Reaction score
    Yes they are, you get a message saying you can\'t attack a faction home base and no damage is done

Reaction score
    Which is bad. It\'s like French revolutionists couldn\'t attack Bastille because it was base of another faction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem with Minecraft was that ModLoader didn\'t really have all the features mods needed, so modding frameworks got fragmented, and now mods require multiple dependencies.

Hopefully, we can create early not a ModLoader type of thing, but a community API that has its own mod-loading features and functions that can last the constant barrage of updates this game is getting.

However, the main problem is that unlike Minecraft, people here want to mostly modify parameters of the game, not add features. But again, the community has plenty of time to design and implement a community API that allows modders to make all kinds of mods and extensions for StarMade.