Mods for starmade?

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    that the pirates you\'re facing aren\'t Isanths...

Reaction score
    Schema\'s plans for modding involve waiting until the game\'s code isn\'t so fluid and obfuscated. That will most likely be sometime during beta. Schema has said in interviews that he wants modding to be a central facet of Starmade, and plans for modding to be built right into the game! Want a mod? Well, you won\'t have to worry about stuff like Bukkit.

I am also an avid modder in my free time and will do everything possible to support modding when it becomes feasible. That includes providing support to the community about how you can mod the aspects of the game I am responsible for (things like art assets) in addition to Schema\'s support of mods. That means I will likely do everything I can to help people get their own models ingame, things like making models for their own accessories/wearable equipment.

Reaction score
    Please, mother of god tell me that the pirates you\'re facing aren\'t Isanths...

Actually, due to combined changes that cause them to group up more, chase you more actively and weapons and shields reacting differently, Isanths have been giving even me trouble lately. (At least if I\'m not using an overkill ship.) Used to be harmless flies, but now I find them giving me a lot of trouble when I\'m just starting out in the universe. (They still become irrelevant when you start having proper ships/turrets.)

CES

Reaction score
    People are already talking about making mods for an alpha. Oh, yes.

Some ideas for future mods:

Lots and lots of weapons (I know more hand weapons are planned to be added in, but gamers always want more)

Giant planet eating space monsters

Space creepers?