Mechs

Reaction score
    I think It would be cool if we could be able to make differnt kinds of vechials like Mech to get around on planets. I also think it would be cool because then we also could have mech wars on planets. For example battle for homebases and things of that nature.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ... Can you be more specific?

This is not the first time this has been suggested, but I think it would help your suggestion to have some serious, solid ideas on how mechs would work with Starmade's 1-M voxel format. Players have already created some pretty neat mechs that work with the game as it exists now. (Well, older versions on which they were made....)

X16-ReaverTitanM1YB
    https://starmadedock.net/content/spartan-raptor-mk-iv.5064/
    Brevis Mech
    Timberwolf Mech
    Easy edit mech frame
    MechaplatformMKI

How would your mechs be different?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I think what you'd really want is a block that can simulate friction. Not on the whole ship, but a specific section on a foot or hand. This would allow player-made mechs to be properly used without a flat or pre-punched surface.

Though, I'm assuming you are suggesting mechs that are actual rigged entities, and not powered by logic and rails. If you ask me, making player-made mechs useful in actual combat would deem this unnecessary.

Reaction score
    yeah sorry about that sometimes my brain doesnt connect with my typeing lol, but yes
    you'd really want is a block that can simulate friction. Not on the whole ship, but a specific section on a foot or hand.
    this is one of the things that I mean or a block that has movement like the rails but more like gears. For example: when a player would press foward instead of flying forward the mechs leg would step foward or backwards deapending on which way he was going.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I'd settle for wheels. You could build a mech with roller skates.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    So you get to play Jet Set Radio AND Gundam at the same time? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    If they give us wheels I will build a transforming mech with a tank form, robot form, and spaceship form. I've already built several transformers and would love it if they give me the tools to step it up another notch. I built a Robotech Alpha fighter when they introduced rails and the Megazord when they introduced fleets. Whatever the next big adition is to game mechanics I'm going to push it to it's limits.

Here's a review of my Megazord. Jump to 2:45 to see it in action.

Last edited: