lua -e 'print("Hello World!")'

Reaction score
    Dave can do many things and apparently one of them is understanding Lua.

Schema has begun teaching our intrepid astronaut and his crew to follow Lua commands. He has also been hard at work bug fixings, tweaking, preparing, optimizing and generally improving the game. Here is a short list of some of the recent activity in the dev patch.

**This list is for the dev patch, and is not yet in the public version**

- docking beam origin is now currently used cockpit
    - fixed 6 sided gravity (from orientable gravity blocks)
    - implemented the Fabricator to harvest blocks instead of being able to remove at once
    - added scaling to bone implementation (this is related to attaching things to Dave's model, like the new Fabricator)
    - added rest of the new blocks to the config (all the remaining tetra hull shapes in the various colors and orientations)
    - fixed bug that would cause brightness on blocks when a ship is exited when using shadows
    - integrated LUAj libraries for full LUA support
    - implemented LUA interface
    - implemented new Conversation System
    - implemented system to create conversations with lua
    - implemented networked conversation
    - fixed block modding tool not to crash when reflection reports non accessible field
    - improved shadows to not "shine through" far away objects when close up to something else that normally should be shadowed from
    that far away object
    - fixed some shader issues for mac-graphics card drivers
    - added failsafe for path calculation to stop after a threshold is reached
    - implemented normal maps (this refers to texture maps... not world maps)
    - fixed source of bugs: on unloading entities were triggered to save twice; one time for the sector unload, and one time on unload of the object itself. This was a source of various random bugs like Objects completely vanishing
    - fixed characters controlled by players falling off moving objects when in gravity (or in sector change)
    - implemented skin files
    - implemented transmission for full skins
    - removed lag from flying through open doors
    - further improved physics performance with advanced lookup tables
    - removed unnecessary non-scaling transformation from physics cube-cube collision process
    - improved performance of single block updates by a lot (building, salvaging, opening doors)
    - reduced lag from loads of missiles in one place, by a lot
    - improved AStar path finding to avoid turning if possible
    - implemented basic (NPC) path smoothing
    - implemented settings sliders
    - integrated sliders for advanced build mode
    - advanced build mode size now saved by ship entered
    - integrated sliders for weapon settings

Oh so many nice things in that list!

Remember, check in the Comments section for more information, answers to questions and for any other clarifications.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Did it break turrets?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Personally, I don\'t see any benefit to this yet. I would love it if we could control things like doors, lights and deciding which thruster groups should be on, but not the daves

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    Maaan dun be making fun of schema like that! He\'s very busy devoloping this best game ever that has absolutely no bugs whatsoever and all of the contradictory bug fixes come out in a resonable amount of time and fix all of the issues the game has forever maaan.

The super duper optimized game that handles ships larger than 15 blocks extremely well with no server lag at all. You\'re just making up all of those bug reports maaan. This game is flawless!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like how this update not only focuses on optimization and new features, but also the ability to teach Lua by using it to utilize your crew into doing stuff. even if Minecraft has mods that basically do the same thing How would you handle the errors, though? Would the interface just say it wasn\'t correct?

Will the interface be command-line only, or will you be able to use program-like codes?

Reaction score
    Is Schema already aware of this? http://star-made.org/content/additive-velocity-option-doesnt-apply-missiles-neither-does-velocity-multiplier ..i feel this is a big issue currently.

Reaction score
    Do we\'ll be able to mod some block functionality with the Lua interface or it will be included to \"teach\" your crew?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So if I understand this correctly, people will be able to create custom AI for crewmembers using Lua? If so, that would really help quite a bit.

Oh and normal maps <3 Finally a bit of depth on blocks.

Reaction score
    i would like to know when the final update for public will come cuz everypost i get my hopes up for nothing

Reaction score
    In the weapon update I will have to ask schema to implement lots of changes, including changes to missile behavior. The velocity issue is among those I\'m addressing.

Reaction score
    Lua is my favorite scripting language and I think it\'s a great choice for giving commands to Dave and friends. How will the commands be entered to Dave and what sort of API will we use to command him?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    will this new command system be for all players to use or is it something only modders should be concerned about?

Reaction score
    Errm... i think it is some scripting language at first glance. but i dont exactly know

Reaction score
    I always encounter this problem since the 20th. Its always on the same ship (built on the dev jan 20th) its when i add more than 500 blocks or so.

any clues about this?

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This game is so addictive, forget about the other contenders Schema will knock them out when this update comes.